The BridgeWay in North Little Rock, AR

Case Management
Detoxification
Special Education

ABOUT THE BRIDGEWAY

Located in Little Rock, Ark., The BridgeWay provides a full continuum of treatment services for individuals struggling with behavioral health concerns, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders. Both inpatient and outpatient care is available, and the center offers specialized services for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors. Medically managed detox is also offered on-site.

Prior to admission, each client undergoes an assessment designed to help The BridgeWay’s staff determine the most appropriate level of treatment. Those who require medical attention for symptoms of withdrawal may begin their treatment with a period of medically managed detox. Once stabilized, clients may transition to the center’s inpatient program.

Inpatient clients receive additional assessments, including physical and psychiatric evaluations. Medication management is provided as needed while clients participate in educational workshops, individual counseling, group therapy, and family counseling. The BridgeWay draws upon both the 12-step model and SMART Recovery, and the treatment team utilizes a variety of modalities, including electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), recreational therapy, pet-assisted therapy, art therapy, and yoga. The duration of treatment is short-term, as the center’s primary goal is to stabilize clients so that they can return home as soon as possible.

The BridgeWay’s outpatient program, which combines education and counseling, is offered at a variety of levels, including partial hospitalization (PHP), intensive outpatient (IOP), and standard outpatient (OP). Those enrolled in the center’s PHP program attend six-hour sessions every day for one to four weeks. The center’s IOP program offers both daytime and evening tracks, and those enrolled at this level of care typically attend four-hour sessions four or five days a week for up to six weeks. Standard OP treatment is tailored to each individual client’s needs.

According to the center’s website, The BridgeWay’s treatment team includes physicians, psychiatrists, child psychiatrists, nurses, case managers, social workers, and other mental health professionals.

According to The BridgeWay’s website, the center’s campus is “quiet” and “cozy,” and the treatment environment is hospital-like. The center’s adult inpatient unit can house up to 14 individuals at a time. Clients share a bedroom with one other individual, and shared bathrooms are positioned between bedrooms. Smoking is allowed in designated areas, and up to two approved visitors are permitted at a time.

At the time of this writing, Rehabs.com has received feedback from over 15 alumni, most of whom submitted highly negative reviews. Alumni complained about everything from the “outdated” and “uncomfortable” facility to the “insensitive” staff and “inefficient” programming. The four alumni who were surveyed about the staff’s level of training and experience provided an average rating of 2.5 out of five stars. The program’s counseling options, its exercise and leisure options, and its holistic offerings also received low ratings of 1.75, 1.5, and 1.5 stars, respectively. “They herd people into a large room to watch television all day. Low quality. Did NOT recieve the help 1 needed,” one anonymous reviewer wrote. Alumni were also highly critical of the facility’s level of cleanliness, which received an average rating of 2.75 stars. “It's dirty is like a prison,” Doylene told Rehabs.com.

Despite mostly negative reports, a few alumni shared some positive thoughts about The BridgeWay. Lisa characterized the facility as “a joke,” but noted that the nursing and support staff were “good.” “They seemed more knowledgeable than the Counselors in the needs of addicts,” she wrote. One anonymous reviewer felt that treatment was “OK,” and another anonymous reviewer felt that the value of The BridgeWay’s program was dependent upon the client’s perspective. “If someone were searching for a facility and open to the program, I would endorse Bridgeway,” they wrote.

The five loved ones polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing were highly critical of The BridgeWay. Friends and family members found the center’s programming to be ineffective, and the staff’s communication inconsistent. “Promises made pre-admission turned into ‘We never said that’ once admitted before release,” G.B. told Rehabs.com in a representative review. An anonymous reviewer felt that the program didn’t provide enough “tools to stay clean.” “Our son only stayed sober for 3 weeks once he got out,” they wrote.

Additionally, some loved ones characterized the center as “money motivated.” “They are a place that just churns them in and out and makes miracle cures in however long your insurance will pay for you to be there,” one anonymous reviewer told Rehabs.com.

According to the facility’s website, The BridgeWay offers self-pay options and accepts most insurances and managed care plans, as well as Private Option, TRICARE, Medicare, and Medicaid for children and adolescents. Additionally, the facility provides financial counseling for clients and their families.

Published on January 2018

Karen

This place stinks. Very unprofessional

Marla

I haven\'t even been treated for an EMERGENCY yet. I\'ve been here for 4 hours waiting just to be seen. I am stuck and cannot leave. I have been scooted around I almost feel like I want to call the cops to come get me!

Lisa

The Nursing Staff and the Support Staff were very good. They seemed more knowledgeable than the Counselors in the needs of addicts. Very compassionate, caring, and educated. Most were in Recovery. Counselors and Doctors were completely lost as far as I was concerned. They were not addicts and made it known that they didn't understand how anyone could ruin.their lives with drugs and alcohol. This facility was a joke. I have been to a few programs in my life but this one, that was not state funded, was by far the worst place I have ever been to. I still have PTSD from that experience. It was all about insurance, as long as it paid you could stay. I thought they were going to keep me until I was ready for a nursing home! !

The treatment seemed OK. The facilities were a little outdated.

They adhere to a strict schedule. They herd people into a large room to watch television all day. Low quality. Did NOT recieve the help 1 needed.

They are making a lot of money. They are a place that just churns them in and out and makes miracle cures in however long your insurance will pay for you to be there. Look for a place that has more modern approach. They will put you our when the money is gone regardless of how you are doing. It's a great business. If they are publicly owned one should invest in them.

Sydney

I\'m only posting this because I don\'t want parents to make the mistake of sending their child to this awful place. I was sent here a little while back and, if it hasn\'t improved since then, it was the worst experience of my life. I ended up being released a week after I was admitted and was in worse condition than I was beforehand. The staff is really bad about belittling you and shows absolutely no understandings or care. The staff is cold and uncaring and is clearly only in it for the money they recieve. They don\'t care about the wellbeing of the patients. So if you are a parent and you\'re considering sending your child here, don\'t. Unless you want them to be worse than they were before. If they really think telling people they are stupid for feeling the way they feel is going to help them to get well and to better themselves, something is seriously wrong with them all. And that is what it seemed like their mindset was. This place is terrible. 0/10

ch

this place can\'t help anyone, I know at lest 2 has here in here and one there right now, I don\'t see how they can help any one when the person they are to help is on the phone ALL time. from 6 am to 10:30pm to11pm everyday & night. can\'t help them if you don\'t watch and work with them, why should bridgeway get tax payers money when ... every bad thing people have said on here is true, bridgeway need be shut down, you got a real wing nut in there right now. I sure wouldn\'t let my child go there...

ISE

Going here was by far the worst experience somebody with depression could have to deal with. The nurses were completely insensitive and shouted at patients, the doctor was condescending and rude like others had said. It was a scary and uncomfortable facility full of inconsiderate and unpleasant workers.

GRB

Horrible place to put children. No help at all. Promises made pre-admission turned into \"We never said that\" once admitted before release. Money motivated, not help motivated.

tf

This place stinks

aj

the doctor was totally insensitive, also smug and presumptuous. he said \"this one\'s got a LOT of problems\" to the nurse as he was leaving the room after first talking to me. he also was rude and curt on the phone with my mom who was suffering and made her feel worse. they were very accommodating when it came to meals though, as i\'m vegan and one of the nurses picked up food on my grocery list for me! but there was a lot of \"you have to believe in god for this to work\" mumbo jumbo, which discriminates against atheists and agnostics.

Doylene

I was there for five nights. It\'s dirty is like a prison. I am 67 years old and was thrown in with people from jail. The language was fowl. The smell was unbearable and I was given only thirty minutes to eat meals. The patients were allowed to cuss in front of everyone. It was horrible and I was a lot worse when I left.

WR

My sons doctor told us she sent over a referral and Bridgeway was waiting for us. NOT So true!! If they were waiting for us then why are we waiting on them going on 3 hours!!

The nurses were okay, but it was not a good place.

anonymous

Had to pay via private Insurance and self.

anonymous

Our son only stayed sober for 3 weeks once he got out. Doesn't teach enough tools to stay clean.

anonymous

If someone were searching for a facility and open to the program, I would endorse Bridgeway. The staff is knowledgeable and kind. The group settings are especially helpful because you are interacting with people who relate to your struggles. The food is really good! I am still alive and somewhat functioning, so that would be a success but I am still, I still have a lot of problems. I am not sure how much they really helped me. And now I have an added financial burden. My insurance paid 80%, so that is awesome. But I came out owing $1500 after being off from work for a couple of weeks. I do not think it was worth it, but I am sure others, like my family, would disagree. All about perspective.

anonymous

Inefficient. Only partly helped.

anonymous

Not designed for my problems. Very little success.

JN

They treated all the patients with disrespect and I was just tired of dealing with seeing people who were suffering, including myself, being treated like they were bad people instead of addicts. Terrible place for $1400 per day. The food was bad, the rooms were not private, their treatments included AA meetings which are free anyway, etc. It was less like a rehab and more like jail.