The Center • A Place of HOPE in Edmonds, WA

Call (888) 771-5166 to Contact The Center • A Place of HOPE

547 Dayton Street
Edmonds WA 98020

The Center • A Place of HOPE Philosophy

The Center • A Place of HOPE offers authentic, whole-person care for adults with addiction, eating disorder, depression and/or trauma. With a focus on mind/body/spirit wellness, treatment plans are tailored for individual needs. Recovery unfolds in a beautiful, natural setting, away from the pressures of home, aided by the support of an inclusive community of counselors and peers. An active alumni program also helps with aftercare support and reintegration into life post-treatment.

• Process Abuse Treatment
    Not all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Whole-Person Care

Luxury Condominium-Style Apartments

Individualized Treatment Plan

Dr. Gregory Jantz

Founder

Early in his career, working with individuals suffering with eating disorders, Dr. Jantz uncovered a disconnect in treatment options available to people who were hurting. His work revealed that often patients suffered from depression, addiction, and other disorders. As a result, he found himself compelled to dig deeper, developing a multi-disciplinary treatment approach that would care for the whole-person instead of the just the symptoms. His “whole-person” approach to care changed the treatment world. Today it is credited with dramatically improving the effectiveness of treatment for those suffering from disorders.

ABOUT THE CENTER: A PLACE OF HOPE

For more than 30 years, The Center: A Place of Hope has provided residential treatment for adults and adolescents dealing with addiction. Located 20 minutes north of Seattle in the Washington town of Edmonds, The Center treats co-occurring disorders like depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), trauma and abuse and eating disorders.

The average length of stay at The Center is four weeks The Center's treatment approach focuses on the whole person -- mind, body, and spirit. Treatment begins with a psychological and medical assessment, and fitness and nutritional testing.

Treatment plans are individualized and will include individual and group therapy. If a clients wants to incorporate spiritual renewal into their treatment plan, they can, but are not required to.

Treatment intensive programs for those who have experienced emotional, physical, or sexual abuse, sexual assault, abusive relationships, and other traumas are offered.

A High-Profile Privacy Program is directed toward clients who require privacy and security while seeking treatment. Clients in the program must stay for a minimum of five days with most clients staying for four weeks or longer.

The Center provides a week-long alumni program that includes personal phone calls, educational classes, and therapy sessions. An alumni coordinator is always available to alumni.

The Center employs medical doctors, mental health counselors, chemical dependency counselors, fitness trainers, registered nurses, and eating disorder specialists. Clergy members are also available to clients.

Clients at The Center will reside in condominium-style apartments that feature a brand-new kitchen, living room, and a deck and patio. Clients will also have walk-in closets.

The Center's main treatment facility has clean leather furniture and fireplaces with soft music playing in the background.

Clients can take advantage of fitness facility with basketball courts, cardio equipment, yoga rooms (under the guidance of trainers), and free weights. The fitness center also hosts a juice bar and lounge. Clients can also take advantage of the beautiful scenery with peaceful walks through a nearby village, park, and beaches.

She gave five-star ratings for the treatment for co-occurring disorders and the staff’s level of training and experience, but she listed “post treatment support” as a weakness.

Twelve alumni gave overwhelmingly positive feedback for The Center at this time of writing. Eleven individuals gave four out of five stars to The Center for its treatment effectiveness. Many reviewers praised staff and the gorgeous location. Alum Tiffany, who listed staff as a strength, wrote that The Center only provided one meal per day. She wrote that weaknesses included "discharge exit process support" and "post treatment support."

On Google, The Center received four out of five stars from 16 reviewers to date. Many reviewers praised "exceptional" and "caring" staff and lauded the beautiful setting. "The staff truly care and make sure your needs are met," wrote Justin. "The groups and classes are informative, and the extensive one on one time with the therapists is invaluable." J.M. added: "The facility and accommodations are top notch." [1]

Three Yelp reviewers echoed praise for the facility, though two reviewers complained about treatment at The Center. "When I finally left, it was after a medical emergency, as my vitals and blood work had not been monitored sufficiently," wrote Megan. "The director's decisions ultimately overruled what was medically indicated, but I was pleased with the staff who realized my situation was beyond what their facility could accommodate, and they worked to help me find an alternative, despite the director's pushback." [2] On Trustpilot, 44 reviewers gave The Center an average of five out of five stars. [3]

The Center works with most insurance plans and collaborates with a lending company for those in need of financial assistance. Housekeeping, laundry and linen services are provided at no cost.

[1]https://goo.gl/vHVMrp
[2]https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-center-a-place-of-hope-edmonds
[3]https://www.trustpilot.com/review/aplaceofhope.com

Published on January 2018

The staff of The Center are top notch. Very caring, understanding, non-judgemental, and know just what you need. The housing is great, with beautiful views. The meals are all delicious. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I would highly recommend The Center to everyone.

The Center is fantastic. You will receive top notch care from proceeds who really care about you and are highly qualified. The atmosphere of this place is welcoming and inclusive. It is a great healing environment. I highly recommend the center for depresssion or anxiety. Best decision I have ever made to come here.

OK, I have nothing but fabulous things to say about The Center. I can say each and every staff member truly cares about their patients. Beginning with the initial admissions team conversations, the program is specifically tailored to exactly what you need. If you are looking for help and hope, this is certainly the right place to be!!

I went here for free the first time for 2 weeks and since it was the only real time anyone ever explained my eating disorder to me I overlooked the fact that they are a christian rehab and I do not believe in gods. The second time I had insurance and stayed for more than 3 months! During my last few weeks I was growing more and more devastated because it wasn’t helping, and a therapist at the time named told me I was truely never going to get over my eating disorder until i accepted jesus and god into my heart and worshipped them. It was the most devastated and hopeless I had felt in a long time, it reminded me of what my old abusive family church used to do to me, and she knew my history with that which is why I was floored when she said it. I can’t begin to tell you what that did to me, to this day it still really upsets me. All their books that the owners writes and sells to you end with a final chapter telling you to believe in god as the answer, they do follow pretty much all normal phsychology (ish) but their gods are always the final answer for healing anything and everything.

Thank you for creating such an amazing, compassionate and robust program! I had an undoubtedly positive experience with my treatment team and their professionalism, knowledge and compassion were superior to other experiences I have had and there have been a few including one at a another well-known center this year. This Place of Hope is different and so much better.

The doctor and his staff are all incredibly well trained and care deeply about those they work with. I couldn't recommend them more highly. Great work!

Very effective, life changing program.

Great experience and affordable.

Positives: Amazing staff, first-class facilities, nice living accommodations, great program, nice small town on the Puget Sound No Negatives, but "Others": It was a bit chilly in the winter. No surprise, but if you are from the south like me, it took a bit to get used to it. One of the living buildings is up the hill; if you are not in good shape, request a room down the hill. Overall, excellent program and highly recommended.

The approach to wellness using whole person care is what separates A Place of Hope from other facilities. It helps produce lasting results relative to other approaches. A Place of Hope is highly recommended.

I came th The Center because I wanted to know how to deal with peer pressure with social drinking and build my low self esteem. Admissions was just amazing and answered all of my questions with patience and kindness. I was a unique client here and I feel I was treated exactly the way I thought I needed, My primary was amazing and real. He is very good at what he does here. I want to personally thank Dr., this program gave me a gift that I will cherish the rest of my life. I will use these tools everyday, thank you!

The Center is located in a really beautiful setting. I could walk to the water every day, which was a true blessing. The staff is incredible. They really care and go the extra mile to make sure you get the help you need. The housing was decorated beautifully -- very serene, peaceful and comfortable. Their experience in treating depression and anxiety is impressive.

I can tell you that the management team at The Center truly cares about it guests. Their faith shines through their service. It us uncommon to be cared for by people who genuinely have integrity, compassion and kindness. I appreciate The Center, and am thankful for their mission in this world.

I had the most incredible experience at The Center. For the first time in my life I felt properly understood for all my struggles. They took everything back to its roots and showed me how to make lasting changes. Understanding where my struggles came from, how they were my coping mechanisms for a difficult childhood, and then giving me the daily tools and skills to change my negative thinking patterns and behaviors, has given me hope for the first time in my life that I will be able to fully recover from my eating disorder. The staff are kind, caring, patient and so understanding. The atmosphere is warm, caring and very supportive. Everything is run very professionally and I feel blessed I had the opportunity to spend 6 weeks at the Center. It has already changed the way I see myself and my life. I look forward to making a full recovery one day, I now know it is possible if I just put in all the hard work that's required.

Strengths: Experienced, trained staff, lots of options concerning treatment, Weaknesses: Only one meal a day provided, discharge exit process support, post treatment support. Facility is unique in that it is not 24 hour care. It is M-Sat. with Sunday's off.

From the moment I contacted The Center, each person was so gracious, kind and professional. They took the time to understand my personal situation and developed a program that was tailored just for me and exactly what I needed. The therapists were really good. Tough at times, but I needed that. But I always felt they were truly pulling for me and worked to give me the tools I needed for the rest of my life. Accommodations were very nice in a condo right in the little village. Food was good at lunch, but I had to get my weekend dinners in the town (which was nice for me to walk down there and just relax a bit).