The Center — A Place of HOPE in Edmonds, WA

Call (888) 771-5166 to Contact The Center — A Place of HOPE

547 Dayton Street
Edmonds WA 98020

The Center — A Place of HOPE Philosophy

The Center • A Place of HOPE offers authentic, whole-person care for adults with addiction, eating disorder, depression and/or trauma. With a focus on mind/body/spirit wellness, treatment plans are tailored for individual needs. Recovery unfolds in a beautiful, natural setting, away from the pressures of home, aided by the support of an inclusive community of counselors and peers. An active alumni program also helps with aftercare support and reintegration into life post-treatment.

• Process Abuse Treatment
    Not all addictions involve mood-altering chemicals. The term “process addiction” describes the unhealthy use of behaviors (including eating, gambling, sexual activity, shopping, internet use, etc.) that has spiraled out of control and into the realm of addiction.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Whole-Person Care

Luxury Condominium-Style Apartments

Individualized Treatment Plan

Dr. Gregory Jantz

Founder

Early in his career, working with individuals suffering with eating disorders, Dr. Jantz uncovered a disconnect in treatment options available to people who were hurting. His work revealed that often patients suffered from depression, addiction, and other disorders. As a result, he found himself compelled to dig deeper, developing a multi-disciplinary treatment approach that would care for the whole-person instead of the just the symptoms. His “whole-person” approach to care changed the treatment world. Today it is credited with dramatically improving the effectiveness of treatment for those suffering from disorders.

ABOUT THE CENTER: A PLACE OF HOPE

Located 20 minutes north of Seattle in the Washington town of Edmonds, The Center: A Place of Hope provides residential treatment to individuals struggling with substance use disorder, mental health problems or co-occurring disorders. In addition to drug and alcohol dependency, the rehab also treats sex addiction, Internet use addiction, and gambling disorder, the latter two of which are offered by just 2.8 percent and 14.6 percent of treatment facilities in Washington, respectively.

The average length of stay at The Center is four weeks. The Center's treatment approach is holistic and focuses on the whole person — mind, body, and spirit. Treatment begins with a psychological and medical assessment, and fitness and nutritional testing.

Treatment plans are individualized and will include individual and group therapy. If a client wants to incorporate spiritual renewal into their treatment plan, they can, but are not required to do. Clients can also take advantage of nutritional counseling and fitness programs.

There are also intensive program tracks for those who have experienced emotional, physical, or sexual abuse, as well as domestic violence. The Center is among the 14.9 percent of Washington treatment facilities to offer specialized groups to clients who have experienced domestic violence and/or sexual abuse.

Aftercare includes a week-long alumni program that includes personal phone calls, educational classes, and therapy sessions. An alumni coordinator is always available to alumni.

The Center: A Place of Hope's treatment team includes medical doctors, mental health counselors, chemical dependency counselors, fitness trainers, registered nurses, and eating disorder specialists. Clergy members are also available to clients.

Clients at The Center reside in condominium-style apartments that feature modern kitchens, living rooms, decks, and patios. Residents may also take advantage of a fitness facility with basketball courts, cardio equipment, yoga rooms (under the guidance of trainers), and free weights. Housekeeping, laundry and linen services are provided at no cost.

All but one of the 21 former clients polled by Rehabs.com to date gave The Center highly positive feedback. They described the facility as a comfortable, caring, and effective place to recover from a range of addiction issues and mental health problems, including anxiety and PTSD. "The friendly approach of the team at The Center a Place of Hope is a good part to the healing process. I was suffering from anxiety and they were able to reignite passion in my life. I can now look forward to life," C.C. wrote in a representative review.

The one negative reviewer claimed that they were turned off by the rehab's reliance on Christian principles, though no other reviewer, nor the website, mentioned the facility as being faith-based. However, alum Tiffany, who rated a range of specific metrics awarding perfect five-star ratings for the facility's ability to treat co-occurring disorders, the likelihood they'd recommend the facility, and facility cleanliness.

The Center also fared well on Google[1], where it earned an average rating of 4.7 out of five stars based on 88 reviews. "I don’t know how to thank the center and their amazing staff. Were it not for them, I would probably still be struggling with alcohol addiction," Sergio wrote in a representative review.

The Center works with most insurance plans and collaborates with a lending company for those in need of financial assistance.

[1]GoogleReviews

Published on September 2019

JB

Where do I start... My wife of 15 years has suffered depression for about half that time. For the first few years SSRIs helped. But the past 2.5 years things got far, far worse. Culminating in her being voluntarily hospitalized back here in NY. When she was released from the hospital (which was a very traumatic experience and helped not one bit) I had done some research on mental health rehabs. I didn't even know there was such a thing, but I knew we needed one. I had a short list of perhaps 6 or 8 around the country that looked good on paper, and at least claimed to specialize in depression, mood and personality disorders. My wife's therapist, coincidentally, mentioned that one of her clients had just returned from The Center and thought it was really helpful. So I made that call, and from then on it was clear to me that this place really does care. Our insurance would not cover it, but I opened a couple credit cards and we got on a plane a week later. From the second we arrived I could tell this place was for real, it was not BS or marketing nonsense, and all the videos and testimonials were for real. The staff were, to a person, the most professional, helpful, caring and skilled I have ever experienced anywhere in any healthcare setting. From the reception desk, to the billing people, to the clinical staff. Top notch every one. The actual environment, wow. What can I say that hasn't been said - the facility is all new, clean, and just so calming and welcoming in every way. The housing is the same (from what I saw and my wife related). The setting, the city of Edmonds, BEAUTIFUL in every possible way. And even the "vibe" of the Seattle area seemed healing to me. My wife spend 30 days here. She was not the easiest patient. She was very, very depressed, and very very anxious. She was very dependent on me. Breaking out of all of that was hard for her, but within a couple weeks I really saw a marked change. And by the time we left she was on the road to recovery. I work IT, so I was actually able to stay in the area in a hotel for the whole 30 days to offer support, although I was only able to see her a few times in that whole time. This was by design, and an important part of recovery, and I was very supportive of it. Even I - just staying in the area and experiencing what Edmonds, Seattle, Everett, etc have to offer was medicine for MY soul. Life is not perfect, when we returned home my wife relapsed for some time. This was to be expected, but she used the skills she learned at The Center, and now a couple months later is doing much better. The only negatives I head from anyone were - the housing is all on the same street - but some of the houses are a good 10 minute walk up a pretty good hill. So bring good shoes, and plan on being in shape by the time you leave :-). The other thing that I have seen a few negatives about was the "religious" aspects. To be clear, before you even are admitted they ask if you would like the spiritual side included. If not they don't include it. They also ask at admission, and you can opt in or out at any time. Even when included its about 5% of the programming if that. As an athiest I did not even find it offensive in any way, so if you are not spiritual/religious I would not let that stop you in any way. I can't recommend The Center any more than I did. It is simply THE place for depression and mood disorders.

Dionne

It’s so strange to be in control of me & my mind. I have never lived in the moment & fully in my body the way I do now. I am blessed to have healed in this way. My mind calm, clear. My heart in peace and gratitude is all I feel. Thank you for being part of this process. The Center of Hope, gave my life back.

Dwight E

The friendly approach of the team at The Center a Place of Hope is a good part to the healing process. I was suffering from anxiety and they were able to reignite passion in my life. I can now look forward to life.

CC

I came to the Center looking for answers four weeks ago. After arriving at the Center, and after confessing my hesitancy to trust people in general, I was asked by my Counselor, “Why do you trust me, then?” My answer was, “I believe that most organizations take on the characteristics of their Founder or President. I have observed that Dr., a man of faith and prayer, has been devoted to his clients, supporting them through writing books and articles, and as a Clinician for decades. So, based upon that, I chose to come to The Center, and trust my gut." My experience has exceeded my hopes. I observed that the Counselors work together as a team, committed to each client’s whole life care. Clients' teams meet weekly, and sometimes more often, to discuss how each person is doing, and upon reevaluation, often update the schedule. This is to make certain anticipated and newly discovered needs - medical, nutritional, emotional, even spiritual - if requested - are being met. When I say team, I believe I mean more like a family. That’s what the Center feels like, folks committed to the Whole Person. The Staff - from the Admissions Team to the Front Desk to the Counselors - are upbeat, authentic, and share from their own experience. Not once did I feel talked down to, or patronized. As far as the care clients receive, all I can do is compare it to, well…believe it or not….a Cruise. Each week, housekeeping comes into the Center and, if you’ve had the good fortune to vacation on a Cruise Ship, you may remember the little towel animals that housekeeping made and left on the bed. Not quite the little Cruise bundles, but it is pleasant to come back to a neat bundle of clean white linens, freshly made beds and sparkly clean accommodations. Lunch served is gourmet, no less, professionally made. Plied with fresh fruit each day, no one can complain about going hungry or not eating healthy. The setting is amazing. Perched on the side of a gentle hill, there are stores and restaurants, not to mention the Ferry System to embark upon. Oh yes, did I mention the Gym, Whirlpool, and Pool? Steam Room…..free access to all clients? Among Clients, an air of camaraderie prevails. I'm a bit on the shy side in groups, but this is what you want to make of it. I’m leaving the Center, equipped with tools, more self-aware, and feel heard, understood, and well-advised. The responsibility for the rest is up to me, and I have Hope….which is more than I felt when I arrived...

The "Place of Hope" is just that! It is a place that brings hope to the hopeless! I am a Pastor is the Dallas/Fort Worth Texas area and for me to have a professional educationally and hands-on trained staff that is equipped and extremely gracious with every single person that comes in, is SUCH A GIFT! "A Place of Hope" is not only for people that are in a place where they are walking through difficult times in their life and just need the right tools and support around them to see breakthrough and healing, but also for me as a Pastor to be able process through my own life and have an INCREDIBLY safe place to just talk through my own life decisions so I can be the best Husband, Father, Business Owner, and Pastor I can be. I personally know Dr. first hand and I can with all confidence say that this company is actively working with their clients needs in mind FIRST from the top down. Dr. lives a life that matches what he says and is very hands on in every decision that has been made and will be in the future. His heart for people is why he does what he does, because he truly has a desire to see everyone living their best healthy life! Whether you are young or old, male or female, rich or poor, healthy or sick, feel like your issues are large or small, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you go to "A Place of Hope" as it will dramatically change your situation for the good! You will NOT regret it one day! I am professional and personally grateful for this business and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it to anyone looking to just better themselves, find healing, or trying to live a healthy and free life! Thank you Dr. and staff for being so great at what you do! I am forever grateful for what you do and how you do it! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Michael

The entire team was really helpful and outstanding. Admissions helped with travel and getting my insurance squared away. My medical team was great and was instrumental in getting me off most of my meds during my four weeks. My primary was a life saver and even when I didn't want to try, pushed me with kindness to work hard. And I am so grateful for that. The entire program is designed to help you get the tools you need to get better, For the first time in 20 years I have hope again and am actually looking forward to the future. I feel The Center has saved me and my relationship with my family. Thank you to Dr. and the entire team.

The staff of The Center are top notch. Very caring, understanding, non-judgemental, and know just what you need. The housing is great, with beautiful views. The meals are all delicious. I wouldn't go anywhere else. I would highly recommend The Center to everyone.

Robyn

The Center is fantastic. You will receive top notch care from proceeds who really care about you and are highly qualified. The atmosphere of this place is welcoming and inclusive. It is a great healing environment. I highly recommend the center for depresssion or anxiety. Best decision I have ever made to come here.

Steven

OK, I have nothing but fabulous things to say about The Center. I can say each and every staff member truly cares about their patients. Beginning with the initial admissions team conversations, the program is specifically tailored to exactly what you need. If you are looking for help and hope, this is certainly the right place to be!!

KP

I went here for free the first time for 2 weeks and since it was the only real time anyone ever explained my eating disorder to me I overlooked the fact that they are a christian rehab and I do not believe in gods. The second time I had insurance and stayed for more than 3 months! During my last few weeks I was growing more and more devastated because it wasn’t helping, and a therapist at the time named told me I was truely never going to get over my eating disorder until i accepted jesus and god into my heart and worshipped them. It was the most devastated and hopeless I had felt in a long time, it reminded me of what my old abusive family church used to do to me, and she knew my history with that which is why I was floored when she said it. I can’t begin to tell you what that did to me, to this day it still really upsets me. All their books that the owners writes and sells to you end with a final chapter telling you to believe in god as the answer, they do follow pretty much all normal phsychology (ish) but their gods are always the final answer for healing anything and everything.

RA

Thank you for creating such an amazing, compassionate and robust program! I had an undoubtedly positive experience with my treatment team and their professionalism, knowledge and compassion were superior to other experiences I have had and there have been a few including one at a another well-known center this year. This Place of Hope is different and so much better.

Justin

The doctor and his staff are all incredibly well trained and care deeply about those they work with. I couldn't recommend them more highly. Great work!

Ms

Very effective, life changing program.

ad

Great experience and affordable.

R.R.

Positives: Amazing staff, first-class facilities, nice living accommodations, great program, nice small town on the Puget Sound No Negatives, but "Others": It was a bit chilly in the winter. No surprise, but if you are from the south like me, it took a bit to get used to it. One of the living buildings is up the hill; if you are not in good shape, request a room down the hill. Overall, excellent program and highly recommended.

R.R.

The approach to wellness using whole person care is what separates A Place of Hope from other facilities. It helps produce lasting results relative to other approaches. A Place of Hope is highly recommended.

April

I came th The Center because I wanted to know how to deal with peer pressure with social drinking and build my low self esteem. Admissions was just amazing and answered all of my questions with patience and kindness. I was a unique client here and I feel I was treated exactly the way I thought I needed, My primary was amazing and real. He is very good at what he does here. I want to personally thank Dr., this program gave me a gift that I will cherish the rest of my life. I will use these tools everyday, thank you!

ET

The Center is located in a really beautiful setting. I could walk to the water every day, which was a true blessing. The staff is incredible. They really care and go the extra mile to make sure you get the help you need. The housing was decorated beautifully -- very serene, peaceful and comfortable. Their experience in treating depression and anxiety is impressive.

WR

I can tell you that the management team at The Center truly cares about it guests. Their faith shines through their service. It us uncommon to be cared for by people who genuinely have integrity, compassion and kindness. I appreciate The Center, and am thankful for their mission in this world.

A.T.

I had the most incredible experience at The Center. For the first time in my life I felt properly understood for all my struggles. They took everything back to its roots and showed me how to make lasting changes. Understanding where my struggles came from, how they were my coping mechanisms for a difficult childhood, and then giving me the daily tools and skills to change my negative thinking patterns and behaviors, has given me hope for the first time in my life that I will be able to fully recover from my eating disorder. The staff are kind, caring, patient and so understanding. The atmosphere is warm, caring and very supportive. Everything is run very professionally and I feel blessed I had the opportunity to spend 6 weeks at the Center. It has already changed the way I see myself and my life. I look forward to making a full recovery one day, I now know it is possible if I just put in all the hard work that\'s required.

Tiffany

Strengths: Experienced, trained staff, lots of options concerning treatment, Weaknesses: Only one meal a day provided, discharge exit process support, post treatment support. Facility is unique in that it is not 24 hour care. It is M-Sat. with Sunday's off.

Adam

From the moment I contacted The Center, each person was so gracious, kind and professional. They took the time to understand my personal situation and developed a program that was tailored just for me and exactly what I needed. The therapists were really good. Tough at times, but I needed that. But I always felt they were truly pulling for me and worked to give me the tools I needed for the rest of my life. Accommodations were very nice in a condo right in the little village. Food was good at lunch, but I had to get my weekend dinners in the town (which was nice for me to walk down there and just relax a bit).