The Liberty House in Lexington, KY

1911 Parkers Mill Road
Lexington KY 40504

The Liberty House Philosophy

Centered around the 12-step philosophy, the Liberty House approach to recovery is based on a highly refined system that teaches addicts and alcoholics how to apply the principles of a 12-step program into their daily lives.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

Long-term Sobriety 84% Success Rate

We Offer Short as Well as Long-term Care

12-Step Based Program

Natalie Weihe

Director

Graduated from Liberty Ranch for women in 2016. Natalie uses her knowledge and experience to provide emotional support and guidance to all residents. She has many responsibilities, including overseeing residents self-administer medication and helping to facilitate all groups.

Larry Luttrell

Founder

Originally from Casey County, Larry began his training in structured transitional living management in Los Angeles in 1990 with Jerry Polcaro, PhD at New Life House and then later with Robert Mellan, PhD at Liberty House. Larry has gained competencies in running nonclinical processing and feedback groups as well as implementing the Gorski Method of Relapse Prevention within the structure of his transitional livings, resulting in remarkably lower relapse rates. Known for his intuition, extraordinary skills in breaking behavior apart, and over 28 years of experience working with addicted populations and their families, Larry has carved out an unbeatable reputation in the recovery community. Since opening multiple tansitional livings, a detox program, as well as an outpatient program, Larry has continued to work alongside many professionals in the field including James Woods, PhD of Promises Treatment Center and Bernard McInerny, PhD. and Romana Zvereva, M.D. of Betty Ford Treatment Center. Considered an expert in the field, Larry has paved the way for many other professionals to utilize structured transitional living programs as effective long term treatment options for drug addicts and alcoholics. His revolutionary methods for implementing practical application of the 12 steps within the structure are innovative and have been replicated across the country.

ABOUT THE LIBERTY HOUSE

Located in Kings Mountain, K.Y., The Liberty House is a residential program for men and women seeking treatment for addiction The center's goal is to teach men and women how to apply 12-step principles and philosophies in their daily lives. The center describes its treatment as an alternative to residential treatment and hospitalization. Detox is not available on-site.

Liberty House focuses on teaching clients the tools needed for long-term sobriety, personal integrity, self-respect, and honesty. It operates like a residential program but tries to distinguish itself from residential programs in general.

The treatment program is based around the 12-Step program, which includes daily classes and counseling. The 12-Step program is used in 255 (71 percent) of Kentucky’s treatment facilities. Treatment usually lasts one year, and clients are required to attend at least one 12-Step meeting daily. Before a client graduates, he or she must fill out an aftercare plan, which is tailored to fit individual focuses.

Liberty House is one of Kentucky’s 143 (39.2 percent) of facilities with treatment programs only for men.

The Liberty House offers many different meetings and groups, such as 12-step meetings, daily goal meetings, Newcomer Group, Peer Group, Resident Family Group, and Senior Member Group. These groups focus on specific focus areas and conditions in order to help clients overcome related problems.

Liberty House offers many services to families, including 12-step meetings, therapy, family group sessions, and family contact. Families receive care and support from 268 (74.7 percent) of the treatment facilities in the state.

The facility is staffed by case managers, counselors, operations personnel, and support specialists that focus on managing houses and providing direct life correction support to clients.

The 16-bed facility has a basketball court, tennis court, and workout area. The center also has a home entertainment center, Internet, a large TV, and on demand movies. There is also an area for fishing and swimming. The center is surrounded by wooded areas, and animals are kept on site for therapy purposes.

At the time of this writing, five alumni provided feedback to Rehabs.com about the Liberty Ranch. All of the feedback was positive, centering on high-quality meals, the “tools” they learned through the program, and long term sobriety. As one anonymous reviewer wrote, “The staff was welcoming and the entire unity of the house encouraged treatment to start the very moment that I walked in. The program was intense and everything I did was recovery related.”

On Google, Liberty Ranch has an average rating of 4.5 out of five stars from 53 reviews to date.[1] Many loved ones indicated that the program was successful and effective. Many alumni noted that they enjoyed the activities, such as Ally who wrote “Red River Gorge and jumping off rocks, swimming in our pool, bonfires at the fire pit, going to the movies, and most importantly learning the true meaning of happiness.”

At the time of this writing, the single loved one polled by Rehabs.com about the Liberty House gave positive feedback. The loved one wrote how supportive the staff was and how they were “there for them every minute of every day, absolutely amazing.”

The facility's website states that Liberty Ranch accepts insurance plans including Aetna, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and more.

Published on May 2019

Amanda

This place is amazing beyong words. Thank you all for what y'all do.

Addiction had finally taken me to the point that it is certain to do, hopelessness and broken. I had been on a 2 week alcohol binge when I had a brief moment of awareness and knew my life was in danger and that if I didn't get help right then, I was going to die. Reluctantly I asked my fiance (who wasn't an addict) to see if he could get me in somewhere for help. He reached out to The Liberty House and found the help we both needed. They urged him to get me to a detox unit while they got everything else arranged for my placement within their house. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was the happiness on all of the girls faces, and I wanted that too. The staff was welcoming and the entire unity of the house encouraged treatment to start the very moment that I walked in. The program was intense and everything I did was recovery related. I learned how to follow and then how to lead in my own path of recovery. They helped get me back to the basics of sobriety and gave me the tools I needed to go back to my normal day to day life with the know how that I use every day to stay sober. I am grateful for a lot of things and the Liberty House is at the top of that list.

Wendy

This house turned my life around!!! Forever greatful for the staff there!!

Joanne

Making a decision for your loved ones is the hardest thing you have ever done to get help!! You will never be sorry you made this decision, The Liberty House goes over and beyond any help you will find out there in today's world. The love and care about our addicts and are there to help them overcome their addiction and have a sane life again....they give the the keys to overcome feeling lost and to lead them to a new life to how they can have the high esteem again...to find jobs...to learn how to live on their own....how to forgive...how to move on...how to accomplish new goals..how to love life! These are my reviews....the faculty is there for them every minute of every day, absolutely amazing....will never let you down......let them run the house and make your loved ones see the light at the end of the tunnel....and how to use their stop signs to stop the addiction in their lives. One Day At A Time.

mbs

This is not a fancy rehab with massage therapists and chef provided meals. This is a grass roots rehab that provides ongoing support, therapy, and teaches addicts not only to move forward but how to live a responsible life. It is not a 60 or 90 day program. Rather it can run as long as a year. Think about it....how can a behavior that took years to develop be "cured" in as little as 30 days. It cannot. It is well run by loving people who truly care. There is nothing better. I am so grateful that I found Liberty Ranch for my loved one.

AJM

Liberty House saved my life. There success rate is unbelievable. I have been to 10 plus treatment centers before Liberty House and none of them can compare to the treatment received at Liberty House. Due to Liberty House, I am now sober over two years and living a happy life. I attended a graduate program that kept me involved for a year.