The Nord Center

6140 South Broadway, Lorain, Ohio, 44053

About The Nord Center

Our mission is to provide comprehensive behavioral healthcare services that are culturally competent and evidence-based, and that promote recovery, dignity and well being for our clients, their families and the community we serve.

Dual Diagnosis/Co-occurring Disorders Treatment

Intensive Outpatient

Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

• Crisis Stabilization Unit - short stay, 12 beds
  • Mobile Crisis Team - provides on-site evaluations
  • Partial Hospitalization Program - provides high-intensity clinical care

4/5
    3.7/5
    3.7/5
    5/5

• pat
    If you truly want to be helped, avoid this place at all costs. Their only goal is to label you with a diagnosis so they can medicate, medicate, medicate. As far as counseling? Complete joke. Once they diagnose you it gives you a free ride as they use that as an excuse for all your actions, rather than encouraging change.They started my husband on amphetamines because they labeled him as having ADHD. If he did have ADHD he would not have responded to the medication as he did. In no time he was abusing the pills and buying them off the streets. I told both his counselor and the prescribing psychiatrist and I was totally dismissed and he continued to recieve the medication. Oh yes, they helped him...he went from having a job, house and family to living alone in HUD housing collecting disability, but at least he still has his amphetamines. Real success story and all thanks to the nord center.
  • LK
    I voted for funding for mental health to Help Nord out but I will never do it again. They are no help, they act like it's a joke about some issue when I called the hot line. I think this place is a joke and I would advise people to stay clear of it. We need better mental health agencies than this one. Still looking for help for a family member
  • Dr. Ranonda Opara
    I called this center for help with my son. To my dismay, the assessment worker fabricated on the assessment. Therefore, my son was pink slipped against his will. He was taken to emergency where he stayed 24 hours, re-pink slipped and then send 2 and a half hours away. To make matters worse, I called to file a grievance with the papatient rights person, who was no help at all. I spoke with the supervisor. Whi did not seem to care. This is a mental health facility. instead of helping my son, this facility created more mental distress. I will never recommend this place
    Love it
  • Mary
    My son_inlaw had been trying for a month to make a appointment.He sat at the Nord center today for 6 hours and still didn't get to see any one.This is not right no one in need should have to do this.what does it take to get an appointment.
  • Barbara
    Was "treated" to a barrage of abuse by my case manager, the Director of Older adult Services, and my psychiatrist of 13 years at this facility. They don't care for patients who don't use major mental illness as an excuse not to achieve in life. As soon as I left the oppressors at this facility for good, I started to develop a very successful literary business, and have traveled several times to Europe and the UK, as the guest of clients and colleagues.
    It was great.