The Ranch at Clear Springs in Aquilla, TX

3662 Patton Lake Road
Aquilla TX 76622

The Ranch at Clear Springs Philosophy

The Ranch at Clear Springs provides residential substance abuse treatment for men and women. Services include individualized treatment plans, medically supervised detoxification and stabilization, assessment and treatment of co-occurring disorders, addiction education, individual and group therapy, family programming, 12-Step meetings, equine-assisted therapy, yoga, life skills training, continuing care and relapse prevention.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Ropes Course

Breathwork Therapy

Healthy Outdoor Activities

John Lacy

CEO/Co-Founder

In his thirty years in the field, John has helped to build and operate some of the nation’s most successful treatment programs. He began as a counselor intern early in his own recovery, and rose to become Executive Director of a prominent Texas facility before leaving to become regional director of a fast-growing chain of addiction programs. Later he served as CEO of a psychiatric hospital and Executive Director of four Maryland programs. In 1999 he returned to Texas to lead the remarkable turnaround of a facility there, expanding capacity from 40 to 104 beds. As the parent company grew, John was promoted to a regional VP position, responsible for seven residential facilities in Texas and the Southwest.

Cary Linzy, LCDC

Clinical Director

Cary has been in the field of addiction since 2005, her passion grew from the death of her paternal aunt to a heroin overdose, the death of her grandfather to cirrhosis of the liver at 65 years of age, and the co-occurring addiction and mental health with her elder son. “I knew from the moment class started way back then I made the right career choice in my attempts to understand the chronic disease of chemical addiction”. In 1978 while living in California, Cary graduated from the CETA LVN program. She later found an interest in law enforcement in which she remained in for ten years. She describes herself as a “jack of all trades” and is currently working on her master’s degree from Grand Canyon University. Cary has an unparalleled connection with people; she strives to find the common thread in each client to allow them to see that we are more alike than we are different.

ABOUT THE RANCH AT CLEAR SPRINGS

Located on a tranquil expanse of land that was once a luxury resort, The Ranch at Clear Springs in Aquilla, Texas, provides residential drug and alcohol addiction treatment to men and women. As stated on its website, The Ranch offers multidisciplinary, holistic healing that may also treat co-occurring disorders. Detox services are provided on-site, and clients typically stay for 30 days.

According to The Ranch's website, the treatment center has five main goals of treatment: stabilization through safe detox, motivating clients beyond emergencies, introducing effective treatment, developing plans for ongoing success, and successfully integrating family involvement and support.

To meet these goals, clients participate in daily individual and group counseling, community activities, recreational therapy, 12-step meetings, life skills workshops, spiritual counseling, and healthy nutrition.

The Ranch also offers a variety of specialty services, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), a “Healthy Outdoor Activities Program,” equine-assisted learning, yoga, and R.O.P.E.S. coursework.

Weekly aftercare meetings are offered to all alumni, as well as the chance to participate in OnTrac Recovery — a structured monitoring system wherein graduated clients check in daily. A two-day family workshop brings counselors and loved ones together to educate loved ones on addiction and develop ways to resolve conflicts surrounding it.

The Ranch's website notes the staff share a combined 200 years of experience in behavioral health. The treatment team includes a chief medical officer board-certified in neurology and addiction, a director of nursing, a medical director who specializes in detoxification, counselors, and various administrative professionals.

The Ranch's website indicates the treatment center offers cozy, semi-private rooms. Residents eat together in a cafeteria-style café that serves mostly American dishes. On the grounds, there is plenty of outdoor space for reflection, including a spring-fed ponds.

The eight people polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided an average of 3.9 out of five stars for accommodations and amenities.

The seven alumni questioned by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided mixed feedback. Four gave positive feedback, and three alumni provided negative opinions of the center.

The three alumni who left negative feedback wrote that they wouldn't recommend the center and complained about the center's staff. "This place is terrible," J.G. wrote in a representative review. "Extremely rude and judgmental. Counselors aren't helpful and condescending. I would never recommend anyone for treatment here."

However, the other four alumni praised the center and its staff. "Life changing experience! Clinical team is caring and knowledgeable. 12 step philosophy is just what I needed to get my life back on track... I will recommend Clear Springs Ranch to anyone looking for strong, back to basics treatment," an anonymous alum wrote.

The 17 individuals who left Google Reviews left an average of 4.2 out of five stars. Most reviewers commented on how great the center's staff is. [1]

The two loved one polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided negative opinions of the center. The loved ones raised concerns of the Ranch prioritizing comfort over treatment.

An anonymous loved one, gave the Ranch four out of five stars for holistic treatment offerings and counseling options. However, they only gave two stars for treatment effectiveness. “This type of treatment facility is more concerned with making people comfortable than actually addressing what the issues might be," the loved one wrote.

Loved one Debbie agreed. “Someone I used to know that used me for money to buy her drugs and rides ended up here … she puts on the fake recovery facade on while shes using again and manipulating everyone again,” she wrote.

Staff member B.M., the only employee polled by Rehabs.com to date, gave The Ranch five out of five stars in family participation, four stars in counseling options, and three stars in holistic treatment offerings, giving mostly positive ratings.

“Staff fully trained, licensed and genuinely care about the clients,” they wrote.

According to the facility's website, the Ranch at Clear Springs accepts private pay and some insurance, but does not accept Medicaid or Medicare. Specialty loans are available through MyTreatmentLender

1. https://goo.gl/4ncwkp

Published on January 2018

Dennis

I was there July 2013 for 30 days for alcohol treatment, I drank for 49 years prior and am an alcoholic I’ve been sober for since 6/30/2013, and I owe much of that to the staff I.e. counselors, group therapy, 12 step program etc. The surroundings are beautiful, accommodations adequate, food excellent. You’re there to get sober not to be at a vacation resort. It is very family friendly and the staff was very good and helpful. I know people who’ve gone to Betty Ford and other “resort “ rehabs and relapsed soon afterwards. I would recommend clear springs to anyone with alcohol dependency who would like to change their lives

Stephen

The Ranch at Clear Springs has a mix of good and bad. Here's the good, bad and ugly. The Good: The grounds are exceptional. Very well maintained and wonderful walking path through nature. I lost almost 30 pounds due to having time to walk 3-5 miles per day. It's a long walk to the cafeteria and is probably plus for those who do need exercise. They do have a car to take you if you can't walk well. Or just being lazy for the day. The food especially breakfast is fantastic! If you like southern comfort food you'll love it. Night time meals not so much, but probably better off for it. I generally skipped it. The daily meetings, I had with were very beneficial. He also does a great job with guided meditation. There are some wonderful and interesting sessions except for... The Bad- I literally wanted to burn the "Big Book" or blue when I got home. There is so much repetition of this 12 step book it becomes at times where you pray at times your mind could wonder away. However, this may be very useful for some people. Also, if you do not complete your assignments they prevent you privileges like calling your family. By the way is ONLY one time for 10 minutes where the "Warden's" listen to everything. No privacy. Everyone smokes there. I think I and one other didn't and thank GOD for that because someone will ask to "Bum" one from you time and time again. The Ugly- The rooms, bathrooms and facilities are beyond a major repair. Their septic tank overflows constantly so be prepared for that smell. I cannot emphasize enough how bad the rooms and bathrooms are in which are tiny, rusted and pretty much what you would expect in a prison. Also, three people per room on a twin size bed. Housekeeping does their best to keep things clean. But its like putting lipstick on a pig. Everything is falling apart. If they put a million dollars into the facility, they probably would be rated in the mid 4.5 rating scale. Some of the wardens are beyond dis-respectful and you will be treated like you are in prison by some. However, they may have had a staff change by now. Many relapse unfortunately. As I did myself after 60 days. I'm now going to another facility. I probably would have chosen them again if it weren't for the conditions of the house. In the end, it's not bad considering the fact you are there for sobriety and not a bed and breakfast. My insurance covered 100% of the cost which was nice. I'm now having to pay $2,500 with insurance for the new place I'm going... Perhaps I'm a snob but am willing to pay the money for higher quality rooms and amenities. Good luck to you all.

Will

I attended at the Ranch in December of 2014. I am now more than 3 Years Clean. I really enjoyed the 30 day treatment I received. The medical staff helped me in my detox. The counselors and the staff were very helpful. I met lots of good people and the ranch helped reintroduce me to a 12 Step Program that I still attend today and it has given me my life back and My wife and kids and family the person that I always wanted to be. I couldn’t have asked for a better place to recover. Thank You!!

Life changing experience! Clinical team is caring and knowledgeable. 12 step philosophy is just what I needed to get my life back on track. Enjoyed the accommodations and the food was awesome! I will recommend Clear Springs Ranch to anyone looking for strong, back to basics treatment.

A facility in flux that should not be accepting new residents. The counselors and nurses are fantastic. The RAs are millennials who are dissatisfied by their jobs, pay (own addiction and poor-life-choice decisions) and workplace uncertainty and take it out on the residents, some of whom are there of their own volition. Not a spa-like setting, as many of the residents are treated to a boot-camp, prison-like setting and are not allowed to leave the facility to roam the grounds or exercise. False advertising. The womens’-only facility was changed to co-ed, several key staffers (the nice ones) were fired or quit, and I know of at least one former RA who is in a relationship with a recent client. Really gross and shady. As I said, there were two wonderful counselors ) and a few fantastic RAs , the rest are in a “Lord of the Flies” mode and take out their frustration on the paying customers. I felt badly for the kitchen staff. I could see the pain and uncertainty in their faces as they watched a regime change and feared for their jobs. As the new management took control, the paradigm quickly shifted and suddenly, the patients who were paying $24,000 for 30-days, several with advanced degrees, were forced to clean the facility themselves as the cleaning crew were let go. A little humility is good for recovery, but indentured servitude does not facilitate educational, spiritual and physical wellness. I will mostly regret the mistake I made by going to this facility.

J.G

This place is terrible. Extremely rude and judgmental. Counselors aren\'t helpful and condescending. I would never recommend anyone for treatment here.

Dirk

Wonderful place with excellent staff.

My husband's sister spent two months at this facility, which, for the price, one would hope would help. However the experience left us feeling like the price paid to treat her like royalty when really she needed to be shown what can happen when people abuse drugs and alcohol. What facilities like this seem to ignore is that giving small doses of certain drugs in order to help people "come down" from their abuse levels isn't wise in the long run. Patients only hoard these drugs to trade between each other and then once they're out of the facility, go right back to doing what they were doing in the first place. This type of treatment facility is more concerned with making people comfortable than actually addressing what the issues might be.

BM

Staff fully trained, licensed and genuinely care about the clients.

It was overall great facility.