The Ranch Mississippi in Brandon, MS

3949 Highway 43 N
Brandon MS 39047

The Ranch Mississippi Philosophy

Located in Brandon, Mississippi, The Ranch Mississippi is a nationally recognized residential substance abuse rehab designed to help individuals struggling with addiction and dual diagnosis. The facility offers specialized treatment options for Christians, pregnant women, professionals, chronic relapsers, and nurses struggling with addiction. The facility takes a medically-guided and multi-disciplinary approach to addiction, offering comprehensive and cost-effective treatment that’s individually tailored to meet the needs of each client. The Ranch Mississippi believes that chemical dependency is a disease of the body, mind and spirit, and is committed to providing a holistic recovery experience to each and every client.

• Real-World Recovery
    The Ranch Mississippi helps clients gain practical recovery skills to help them succeed after treatment. Clients live in cottages with a small group of peers and work through everyday interpersonal challenges. They also have daily chores such as tidying, preparing and cooking their own meals, and tending to the community garden.

Family Therapy

Sober Living Skills Development

Gender Specific Residential Treatment

Lloyd J. Gordon, MD, FASAM

Medical Director

Dr. Gordon is board certified by the American Board of Addiction Medicine and is a licensed physician in the states of Tennessee, Mississippi and Alabama. He is a fellow of and certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). Dr. Gordon is a consultant to the board of dental examiners and medical licensure boards of Mississippi and serves as medical director for the Mississippi Health Care Professionals Treatment Program. He has been president of Mississippi Addiction Medicine Associates since 1991. Dr. Gordon is First Chairman of the American Medical Association’s (AMA) House of Delegates task force on underage drinking and was an ASAM delegate to the AMA House of Delegates representing addiction medicine from 1999-2008.

Stuart Milan RN, MSN, APMHNP

Clinical Director of Residential Program

A former client turned team member at The Ranch Mississippi, Stuart has decades of sobriety under his belt. He’s been working for the treatment facility since 1989. Stuart is a certified advanced practice mental health nurse practitioner, certified drug and alcohol counselor and certified compulsive gambling counselor. Stuart earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Mississippi College and a master’s degree in nursing from the University of Mississippi. He also has a post-master’s degree in family mental health nursing from the University of Southern Mississippi. Stuart is vice chairman of the Mississippi Council on Problem Gambling.

ABOUT THE RANCH MISSISSIPPI

Formerly known as COPAC, the recently acquired Ranch Mississippi is one of three locations operated by The Ranch, a regional treatment provider, and offers residential and outpatient-based treatment for adults struggling with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health disorders. Located in Brandon, Miss., only 20 minutes from Jackson-Evers International Airport, the 23-acre campus providesmedical detoxification on-site, as well as specialized treatment for pregnant women, as well as professional and Christian-based treatment tracks.

To determine an appropriate level of care and identify client needs, individuals undergo an initial assessment. If a client requires detoxification and/or supervision and structure to help clients obtain and sustain sobriety, the individual may be referred to the Ranch Mississippi's residential program. All treatment programs are evidence-based and rooted in the 12-step model of recovery. The length of time of the residential program is determined by the client's needs.

During residential treatment, clients partake in group therapy, one-on-one counseling, and family counseling to help identify any contributing factors that may lead to addictive behavior. Specialized groups address a range of issues, such as anger management, spirituality, recovery goals, and various co-occurring difficulties. Clients also attend workshop on improving coping skills and relapse prevention. In addition, the facility holds nightly 12-step meetings and support groups on-site.

Specialized program tracks incorporate treatments and services relevant to the clients needs and preferences. For example, pregnant women receive OB/GYN exams and appointments, while the Christian track may incorporate daily devotionals, Bible study classes, and worship services into programming. To satisfy various licensure requirements, professionals may participate in a five-day evaluation, which includes psychiatric assessments, psychological testing, and drug screens.If clinically necessary, dually diagnosed clients receive ongoing medication management.

In addition to evidence-based treatments, the Ranch Mississippi integrates a range of experiential therapies. During residential treatment, clients participate in fitness programs, rock climbing, ropes course challenges, and art therapy. Once a client completes residential treatment, clinicians may encourage the individual to utilize the facility's intensive outpatient program (IOP) as an aftercare service. IOP includes individual and group therapy, as well as drug screenings.

Led by a medical director, the Ranch Mississippi’s treatment team consists of psychiatric and family nurse practitioners, as well as licensed and certified behavioral health and addiction therapists.

Residents are housed in gender-specific bungalows on the center’s 23-acre campus. Each bungalow is homelike and includes a kitchen, communal area, and outdoor fire pit. Clients have access to a newly renovated fitness room, rock-climbing wall, a ropes course, and basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts. The campus also features an on-site pond, hiking trails, and nearby reservoir.

To help clients develop essential life skills and increase their sense of independence, clients complete daily chores, such as bed-making, laundry, and cleaning. Clients also work together to budget for meals, shop for groceries, and cook their meals.

The eight alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing had polarizing opinions of the facility. While some alumni generally approved of the facility, citing effective counselors and treatment approaches, others were critical of staff attitudes and the quality of accommodations. "The counselors know what they are doing and they turn lives around," alum A.S.D. wrote. However, alum I.S. wrote: "Facility was dirty and unclean." Alum David was overall critical of the facility, but wrote: "They only positive about the place was the counselors."

Similar to alumni, the 12 loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date also provided mixed opinions. While many loved ones praised the facility's family program, others were critical of the quality of accommodations, its price, and the attitude of certain staff members, supporting some alumni opinions. The four loved ones polled on the matter gave an average rating of 3.75 out of five stars for the level of family involvement.

Offering four-star ratings for the facility's counseling options and its ability to treat co-occurring disorder, loved one Kathy wrote: "Great parents program but so expensive." Family member Ali added: "Family week gave me more than I ever thought." However, loved one Matt wrote: "This place is very expensive and the amenities and staff are shoddy at best."

The two staff members polled by Rehabs.com to date also offered polarized opinions. One staff member gave perfect five-star ratings for the staff's level of experience and training, though felt understaffing was an issue. The other alum was critical of the work environment and the staff's dedication to client care. However, the survey respondent did infer that improvements had been made since COPAC became the Ranch Mississippi.

The Ranch Mississippi accepts most PPO insurance plans, including policies by Humana, Aetna, Multiplan, Magellan, and more.

Published on December 2017

I went here in summer 2016 and in retrospect it wasn’t that great of an experience. I found most (not all) counslers rude and offputting. Especially a staff who was very unprofessional. Luckily she got transferred to the men’s section during my stay. I have never seen a supposed trained professionally be so rude and arrogant. A lot of the staff were rude as well. The head of the women’s unit is an exception, she meant well. Near the end I got my rhythm and fully acknowledge I was detoxing and out of my comfort zone and they did refer me to a sober living home back in California that I absolutely love and credit my sobriety to. Now I’m over 2 years sober, live on my own, have a great job, and have made amends with my loved ones. Even after all the personal growth I’ve made I still can’t help but not remember my experience at copac or the ranch I guess it’s called as positive and I wouldn’t recommend it unfortunately.

i was a patient here in 2001. it worked. basic training rehab. no frills. lots of therapy and care. exercise. grounded approach. i owe them every minute from july 19 2001.

Sent my son in for treatment. He had strugglesome with alcohol and aderral since he was 13 years old. He went in at the age of 27 years old. Came back a changed man. Currently clean and Sober for 8 months. Got back in College and has a desire for making his future better. He has changed and has been completely engaged in his life. Opposed to his mind set, attitude, and desires of the PAST. I am so glad that I decided to pay for him to go their for treatment, I don't regret it.

A top-notch facility. Expect no luxury accommodations. The question is: do you want to get sober or do you want to waste money on stylish lodgings? The counselors know what they are doing and they turn lives around.

The Ranch MS has helped a couple of my friends with their addictions. Therapy helped them tremendously. Great staff and facilities!

My mother was in treatment at COPAC several years ago. I don't know how I would have gotten through such a difficult time without the staff members who helped us. Family week gave me more than I ever thought. Total life changer for my family as a whole.

Hello! I am former alumni of Copac and this program saved my life. I received the best clinical treatment for 1/3 of other facilities cost. I was able to gain control of my life and end my addiction to alcohol. Copac/Ranch Miss gave an at home feeling with staff that cares.

I found the ranch also formerly known as "copac" to be a horrible experience. I am currently sober and living a healthy succesful life, but that is no thanks to the ranch or copac. Looking back now I cannot believe I wasted my time and money on this place, it is an absolute joke. I was in disbelief that some of the people working there were actually hired to "help" people dealing with addiction. The so called counselors and therapists were completely unqualified to care for and give advice to the patientsI just honestly can't believe this place is still open I hope that people dealing with this deadly disease can find the right help and I hope that no one else is mislead and mistreated by this place and their staff.

This place is awful! So many things to say about this place. Do not go if you only need a medical detox because YOU want to get off of a prescribed medicine from your doctor.

Worst ever! N bet send your loved one here... Scared me away from recovery for ten years till I found good people-NOT HERE!!!

COPAC is the most unprofessional business I have delt with in my 34 years on this earth. Upon arriving, the personal information I provided over the phone was incorrect. I sat with them while they corrected it and they still managed to send my phone, tablet and iPod to the incorrect address. The staff was rude, unprofessional and does not have a clear understanding of the disease of addiction. This place is very expensive and the amenities and staff are shoddy at best. I would not recommend COPAC to someone struggling to get their life back.

Unless you want to be thrown in an apartment with a bunch of chain smoking misfits, do not go to Copac. It's a horrible place to try and get sober. There are much better places to be than Copac. They claim to have a professionals program, but that's completely not the case, unless you consider spending 90 days with a bunch of kids that were court ordered to rehab, professional. They only positive about the place was the counselors. They really seemed to have your best interest at heart. The Medical Director, is an arrogant, narcisist with the personality of a 2X4. He jumps to conclusions and just assumes that everything you say is a lie. The road to recovery is a difficult path, but well worth the journey. There are much better places to begin that journey than Copoac. Good luck.

After elements behavioral health stepped in and staff changed, this place was doomed. It is a "company" that is full of hopes and dreams with no potential at all. Working for Copac was a nightmare, to say the least. After having monthly staffing meetings, we were informed that we were all going to get s promising raise that we would benefit greatly from, but 5 months later, there was still no signs of this promise. The clients are allowed to do whatever they want and suffer minimal or no consequences for their actions. If the staff would worry more about the clients, rather than talk about other staff members, that would probably help the clients more, but instead, they find it necessary to gossip and stir up continuous drama. Working here was definitely one of my worst working experiences yet. If problems occur they are handled in a very unethical manner. From very unprofessional phone calls, voicemails, I quickly learned that this was not the place for anyone to enjoy working. To say the least, I am grateful to have experienced such miserable working conditions, because they prepared me for what it was like working with a bunch of people who are very sick and discontent with their personal lives.

Exactly what I needed. Meals and nutrition are up to the individual, so it's hard to criticize. Amenities were humbling but adequate, made me appreciate home. Staff treated everyone the same, upfront and a little abrasive at times, but it has been effective so far. I certainly don't ever want to deserve a return trip! :)

I have been completely appalled at the total lack of concern for me, the wife. In their information they talk about their family week that addresses the family and provides counseling for patients with marriage issues, I am confused on that as my husband has said he doesn't want to participate in family week because our issues would be discussed in group. So either he is not telling me the truth or what COPAC says is not true. They also say that patients not wanting family to be provided information on their loved one the is "cause for great concern". Well, I am not seeing any great concern at all as I have emailed to no avail.

I can't speak for the effectiveness of treatment as that has yet to be shown but I can speak on how the staff mishandled financial information, mislead or blatantly lied to family members regarding a patient. After getting the run around on who I was supposed to speak to the woman who took my information entered it incorrectly, I had sent an e-mail with authorization expressing my concerns about the complete and utter disregard for the family; only to receive a call back as she had written the wrong information. I then received a call from the head of finance (who was on vacation and couldn't be bothered until I said I would stop payment until I spoke to him), who explained she was still in training and mistakes happen. If you're comfortable giving out your personal financial info just to have it messed up, and are also comfortable not knowing whether your money is being used properly then this may be right for you.

Great parents program but so expensive. Overall good experience, cost prohibitive for most people, we had to beg and borrow. Praising God for 2.5 years of sobriety.

Would not recommend this facility to anyone. Treated patients with no respect or dignity. Facility was dirty and unclean. Potential patient safety events. Some staff displayed unprofessional behavior using foul language.

It seemed to be effective. The prices were bad. I didn't like it.

I felt there was negligence and a mistreatment of patients. Beware of corruption for profit... A LOT of profit.

Would recommend this place to get help.

Remote location. Okay price.

good place to send a loved one to recover.