The Ranch Mississippi in Brandon, MS

3949 Highway 43 N
Brandon MS 39047

The Ranch Mississippi Philosophy

Located in Brandon, Mississippi, The Ranch Mississippi is a nationally recognized residential substance abuse rehab designed to help individuals struggling with dual diagnosis, cross addiction, dysfunctional family issues, sexual compulsivity, chronic relapse, compulsive gambling and eating disorders. The facility takes a medically-guided and multi-disciplinary approach to addiction, offering comprehensive and cost effective treatment that’s individually tailored to meet the needs of each client. The Ranch Mississippi believes that chemical dependency is a disease of the body, mind and spirit, and is committed to providing a holistic recovery experience to each and every client.

Family Care Program

Professionals Program

Identification of Relapse Triggers

Lloyd J. Gordon, MD, FASAM

Medical Director

Certified by the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Licensed in the states of Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama. Fellow of the American Society of Addiction Medicine. Board Eligible American Board of Internal Medicine.

Stuart Milan RN, MSN, APMHNP

Clinical Director of Residential Program

Master of Science in Nursing – University of Mississippi. Bachelor of Science in Nursing from Mississippi College. Certified Mental Health Nurse Practitioner. Certified. Compulsive Gambling Counselor. Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor.

ABOUT THE RANCH MISSISSIPPI

Formerly known as COPAC, the recently acquired Ranch Mississippi provides residential and outpatient substance abuse treatment for adult men and women. Located in Brandon, Miss., only 20 minutes from Jackson-Evers International Airport, the 23-acre campus is also host to a medical detoxification unit, and offers specialized tracks for pregnant women and Christian men.

All programs at the Ranch Mississippi are evidence-based and rooted in the 12-Steps, and begin with physical and psychiatric health assessments. Throughout the day, clients partake in group therapy, one-on-one counseling, and experiential therapies, with 12-step support groups and meetings to follow at night. To help them develop essential life skills and increase their sense of independence, clients are tasked with daily chores, such as bed-making, laundry, and cleaning. Clients also work together to budget for meals, shop for groceries, and cook their meals. Programs range from 14 to 150 days.

Those who opt for intensive outpatient (IOP) care typically remain in treatment for 90 days. Here, clients take part in both individual and group therapy, and should expect random drug screenings.

The facility also offers a separate, faith-based track for men as well as OB/GYN exams and appointments for pregnant women. Finally, a five-day long evaluation, involving psychiatric assessments, psychological testing, drug screens, and eventually, referrals, is available for professionals.

Led by a medical director, the Ranch Mississippi’s treatment team consists of psychiatric and family nurse practitioners, as well as licensed and certified behavioral health and addiction therapists.

Residents are housed in gender-specific bungalows on the center’s 23-acre campus. Each bungalow is homelike and includes a kitchen, communal area, and outdoor fire pit. Clients have access to a newly renovated fitness room, rock-climbing wall, a ropes course, and basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts. There are plenty of areas for rest and relaxation, including an on-site pond and nearby reservoir. Smoking is permitted in designated areas.

Alumni coverage is highly mixed. Though she found the staff “upfront and a little abrasive at times, alum Angie found treatment to have met her needs. “Exactly what I needed.” M.F., another reviewer, simply wrote: “[This facility] saved my life.”

Despite these positive reviews, six others shared their disappointment. Together, reviewers called the Ranch “the most unprofessional business” and “a horrible place to try and get sober,” with a “rude” staff, some of whom “displayed unprofessional behavior using foul language.” C.S., who gave only one star for treatment effectiveness, felt the facility had ulterior motives. “I felt there was negligence and a mistreatment of patients,” wrote C.S. “Beware of corruption for profit… A LOT of profit.”

Of the six loved ones polled by Rehabs.com, three endorsed the facility and three provided critical feedback. “Good place to send a loved one to recover,” wrote R.F., in addition to giving the facility an overall four-star rating. Though she cited a “great parents program” and an “overall good experience,” Kathy considered the price of treatment here “prohibitive.” “We had to beg and borrow,” she explained. J.R.K., the third reviewer, simply wrote: “Would recommend this place to get help.”

Much in contrast, others were agitated by the facility. Jennifer, for example, told Rehabs.com how the facility disregarded her wish to partake in her husband’s treatment. R.M., in addition, cited financial issues and noted how staff “mishandled financial information, mislead or blatantly lied to family members regarding a patient.”

Staff reviews posted to Rehabs.com, though limited, were slightly critical. While K.W. gave the highest possible ratings for privacy, the staff’s level of experience, and aftercare protocols, former employee W.F. expressed concern over unprofessional staff behavior, calling the facility. “It is a ‘company’ that is full of hopes and dreams with no potential at all,” W.F. added.

Per the center’s webpage, program fees are all-inclusive, except for medications, standard lab fees, and a five-day family program. The facility accepts most out-of-network PPO insurance plans and suggests that prospective clients contact the admissions office to verify coverage.

Updated March 2017

Published on April 2017

Sent my son in for treatment. He had strugglesome with alcohol and aderral since he was 13 years old. He went in at the age of 27 years old. Came back a changed man. Currently clean and Sober for 8 months. Got back in College and has a desire for making his future better. He has changed and has been completely engaged in his life. Opposed to his mind set, attitude, and desires of the PAST. I am so glad that I decided to pay for him to go their for treatment, I don't regret it.

A top-notch facility. Expect no luxury accommodations. The question is: do you want to get sober or do you want to waste money on stylish lodgings? The counselors know what they are doing and they turn lives around.

The Ranch MS has helped a couple of my friends with their addictions. Therapy helped them tremendously. Great staff and facilities!

My mother was in treatment at COPAC several years ago. I don't know how I would have gotten through such a difficult time without the staff members who helped us. Family week gave me more than I ever thought. Total life changer for my family as a whole.

Hello! I am former alumni of Copac and this program saved my life. I received the best clinical treatment for 1/3 of other facilities cost. I was able to gain control of my life and end my addiction to alcohol. Copac/Ranch Miss gave an at home feeling with staff that cares.

I found the ranch also formerly known as "copac" to be a horrible experience. I am currently sober and living a healthy succesful life, but that is no thanks to the ranch or copac. Looking back now I cannot believe I wasted my time and money on this place, it is an absolute joke. I was in disbelief that some of the people working there were actually hired to "help" people dealing with addiction. The so called counselors and therapists were completely unqualified to care for and give advice to the patientsI just honestly can't believe this place is still open I hope that people dealing with this deadly disease can find the right help and I hope that no one else is mislead and mistreated by this place and their staff.

This place is awful! So many things to say about this place. Do not go if you only need a medical detox because YOU want to get off of a prescribed medicine from your doctor.

Worst ever! N bet send your loved one here... Scared me away from recovery for ten years till I found good people-NOT HERE!!!

COPAC is the most unprofessional business I have delt with in my 34 years on this earth. Upon arriving, the personal information I provided over the phone was incorrect. I sat with them while they corrected it and they still managed to send my phone, tablet and iPod to the incorrect address. The staff was rude, unprofessional and does not have a clear understanding of the disease of addiction. This place is very expensive and the amenities and staff are shoddy at best. I would not recommend COPAC to someone struggling to get their life back.

Unless you want to be thrown in an apartment with a bunch of chain smoking misfits, do not go to Copac. It's a horrible place to try and get sober. There are much better places to be than Copac. They claim to have a professionals program, but that's completely not the case, unless you consider spending 90 days with a bunch of kids that were court ordered to rehab, professional. They only positive about the place was the counselors. They really seemed to have your best interest at heart. The Medical Director, is an arrogant, narcisist with the personality of a 2X4. He jumps to conclusions and just assumes that everything you say is a lie. The road to recovery is a difficult path, but well worth the journey. There are much better places to begin that journey than Copoac. Good luck.

After elements behavioral health stepped in and staff changed, this place was doomed. It is a "company" that is full of hopes and dreams with no potential at all. Working for Copac was a nightmare, to say the least. After having monthly staffing meetings, we were informed that we were all going to get s promising raise that we would benefit greatly from, but 5 months later, there was still no signs of this promise. The clients are allowed to do whatever they want and suffer minimal or no consequences for their actions. If the staff would worry more about the clients, rather than talk about other staff members, that would probably help the clients more, but instead, they find it necessary to gossip and stir up continuous drama. Working here was definitely one of my worst working experiences yet. If problems occur they are handled in a very unethical manner. From very unprofessional phone calls, voicemails, I quickly learned that this was not the place for anyone to enjoy working. To say the least, I am grateful to have experienced such miserable working conditions, because they prepared me for what it was like working with a bunch of people who are very sick and discontent with their personal lives.

Exactly what I needed. Meals and nutrition are up to the individual, so it's hard to criticize. Amenities were humbling but adequate, made me appreciate home. Staff treated everyone the same, upfront and a little abrasive at times, but it has been effective so far. I certainly don't ever want to deserve a return trip! :)

I have been completely appalled at the total lack of concern for me, the wife. In their information they talk about their family week that addresses the family and provides counseling for patients with marriage issues, I am confused on that as my husband has said he doesn't want to participate in family week because our issues would be discussed in group. So either he is not telling me the truth or what COPAC says is not true. They also say that patients not wanting family to be provided information on their loved one the is "cause for great concern". Well, I am not seeing any great concern at all as I have emailed to no avail.

I can't speak for the effectiveness of treatment as that has yet to be shown but I can speak on how the staff mishandled financial information, mislead or blatantly lied to family members regarding a patient. After getting the run around on who I was supposed to speak to the woman who took my information entered it incorrectly, I had sent an e-mail with authorization expressing my concerns about the complete and utter disregard for the family; only to receive a call back as she had written the wrong information. I then received a call from the head of finance (who was on vacation and couldn't be bothered until I said I would stop payment until I spoke to him), who explained she was still in training and mistakes happen. If you're comfortable giving out your personal financial info just to have it messed up, and are also comfortable not knowing whether your money is being used properly then this may be right for you.

Great parents program but so expensive. Overall good experience, cost prohibitive for most people, we had to beg and borrow. Praising God for 2.5 years of sobriety.

Would not recommend this facility to anyone. Treated patients with no respect or dignity. Facility was dirty and unclean. Potential patient safety events. Some staff displayed unprofessional behavior using foul language.

It seemed to be effective. The prices were bad. I didn't like it.

I felt there was negligence and a mistreatment of patients. Beware of corruption for profit... A LOT of profit.

Would recommend this place to get help.

Remote location. Okay price.

good place to send a loved one to recover.

Oxford Treatment Center