The Ranch Recovery Centers, Inc. - Hacienda Valdez in Desert Hot Springs, CA

Call (877) 446-2959 to Contact The Ranch Recovery Centers, Inc. - Hacienda Valdez

12890 Quinta Way
Desert Hot Springs CA 92240

The Ranch Recovery Centers, Inc. - Hacienda Valdez Philosophy

Hacienda Valdex is a women’s addiction treatment facility emphasizing the principles of the 12 Steps of Recovery as a means of attaining lasting sobriety. Therapeutic services such as individual and group counseling, peer support, parenting coursework, recreational programming, relapse prevention work, addiction education, anger management work, and continuing care foster positive coping mechanisms and promote enduring recovery.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

Relapse Prevention

12 Step Program Orientation

Anger Management

ABOUT THE RANCH RECOVERY CENTERS, INC. – WOMEN’S TREATMENT SERVICES

Founded in 1972, The Ranch Recovery Centers in Desert Hot Springs, Calif., provides a full continuum of addiction and recovery services to adults. Its women’s-only facility, known as Hacienda Valdez, offers detoxification, a partial hospitalization program (PHP), residential treatment, and an intensive outpatient (IOP) program.

Treatment at The Ranch Recovery Centers begins with a pre-intake interview and assessment. The facility strives to provide the “least restrictive treatment setting appropriate.” In line with this goal, staff members review clients’ cases weekly, and keep clients and their families involved throughout treatment.

During detox, clients receive an orientation to the 12-Steps, and, if needed, medication to alleviate withdrawal symptoms. This phase often lasts between three and seven days. Residential programming includes a variety of evidence-based treatment modalities, in conjunction with 12-step principles. Clients participate in individual and group psychotherapy; trauma-informed care; and educational classes on parenting, relapse prevention, and anger management.

Either as step-down treatment or as an alternative to residential, PHP and IOP programs are also available. PHP requires at least 20 hours per week of counseling while the IOP is typically nine hours per week.

There is also a three-day family program where family and friends older than 14 can visit to learn to identify the effects of addiction, understand more about it, and discuss what fosters healthy relationships. Visiting hours are every Sunday from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

For women who have completed residential treatment, The Ranch Recovery Centers offers sober living, aftercare meetings, and individual counseling for additional support.

Although there is limited information regarding the credentials of the facility’s treatment staff, The Ranch Recovery Centers does claim to have “experienced counselors.” In addition, The Ranch Recovery Centers works with a local doctor if a client needs prescription medication during the detoxification process.

The women’s facility, located less than 15 minutes from the men’s, houses up to 26 clients in Southwestern-style homes with shared bedrooms. Smoking is permitted in some areas, but iPods, computers, and cell phones are prohibited.

The manicured lawns and scenic San Jacinto Mountains serve as a beautiful outdoor setting. Alongside a small playground, there is a relaxing outdoor pool and meditative pond.

Alumni polled by Rehabs.com submitted highly positive reviews. Five out of six former clients left ratings for treatment effectiveness averaging 3.8 out of five stars. Iris told Rehabs.com: “I was scared to death when I entered this facility, however I was greeted with warmth and compassion. I felt safe and comfortable.” Others highlighted the lasting effects of treatment. “I still love it there and it feels like home when I go back for alumni meetings,” A. wrote. Heather agreed. “A great place to get sober and learn how to stay sober,” she said.

An anonymous reviewer who gave high ratings offered the only criticism: "An overall good facility, but could use more holistic options and better exercise and leisure activities."

Additional feedback on Facebook to date revealed 21 ratings that averaged 4.3 out of five stars. Most alumni gave perfect ratings and thanked the facility for changing their lives. "I will forever be grateful for the wonderful women, staff, and counselors of Hacienda Valdez! My life has truly been changed," Jay wrote in a representative review.

The Ranch Recovery Centers accepts most insurances, and advertises that its programs are priced at an “affordable cost” for those who do not have insurance. As the facility is a nonprofit, most of its funding comes from donations. According to the center's website, detox costs $2,100, and a 30-day treatment plan costs $6,390.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hacienda-Valdez/154019227968231

Published on February 2018

Lisa

I went there 27 years ago I stayed sober 13 years. I slipped for awhile. One woman helped me get back in I only stayed a few weeks but I new what I needed to do cause they tought me well and now have been sober about 9 years. Thank you and all. Don\'t forget where you came from.

cecil

HELLO. MY NAME IS CECIL, I BEEN THERE BEFORE. ABOUT 10,YEAR\'S AGO, I\'M HERE TO ASK FOR YOUR HELP . I LIVE IN ,WA ST. I\'LL TRAVEL TO CALF, FOR TREATMENT, I\"M REALLY NEEDING THIS TREATMENT IN PAITAINT. BAD!!! ... THANK YOU ,,

a

Wonderful program. Canged my life. I still love it there and it feels like home when I go back for alumni meetings.

Heather

A great place to get sober and learn how to stay sober!

Louise