The Ridge Addiction Recovery Center in Milford, OH

Call (513) 434-3668 to Contact The Ridge Addiction Recovery Center

25 Whitney Dr., Suite 120
Milford OH 45150

The Ridge Addiction Recovery Center Philosophy

The Ridge is a premium care, 12-step drug and alcohol treatment center in rural Cincinnati. It’s located on 51 scenic acres, which provides anonymity and comfort for clients in the recovery process. Many know us as the premier non-hospital program in the Midwest. With only 15 beds, we are able to provide intensive, focused treatment that includes CBT, education on the disease of addiction and how to manage it, frequent family groups and 1 year of aftercare for relapse prevention. We also have a psychiatrist on staff for mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, PTSD and bipolar disorder. Our unique aspects include: Physician management led by a board-certified addictionologist, intensive family participation, 13-month length (including aftercare), frequent exercise/recreation, healthy hearty chef-prepared meals and the ability to privately care for our clients needs.

• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
    The addiction specialists at The Ridge combine 12-step programs with CBT in order to help patients understand and accept they have an addiction, they must learn to manage, rationally, in a focused, deliberate manner. Cognitive behavioral therapy enables clients to recognize patterns of drug and alcohol abuse, and equips them with the knowledge and power to avoid relapse during aftercare.

• Recreation and Nutrition
    While achieving sobriety is the clients’ first priority, it’s essential they regain health and wellness. A healthy body feels more comfortable, energetic, and balanced, contributing to the continuance of a sober lifestyle. The Ridge helps achieve this thru a balanced program of nutrition and exercise. We also have recreational activities outside of the ridge that allow clients to have fun again without using.

Only 15 beds means the Midwest’s most focused treatment

Physician-designed and managed treatment program

Options to use medication assisted treatment "MAT" for opiate addiction

Dr. Marc Whitsett

Our Leader

Dr. Marc Whitsett, M.D., a board certified addictionologist, leads The Ridge’s experienced team of physicians, nurses and chemical dependency counselors. He continues the legacy started by Dr. Jeffrey Stuckert, M.D., of educating our clients about the disease of drug and alcohol addiction and helping clients learn the tools to manage it. His experience in emergency and occupational medicine gives him a strong a foundation in the medical effects of the disease. He is experienced in detox, residential and outpatient treatment and is a researcher exploring various treatment methods. Whitsett was a Clinical Investigator for Phase II FDA trials to get naltrexone (ReVia) approved for use in alcohol dependence. Since addiction still has no known cause, Dr. Whitsett passionately continues to try to find the cause, or as he says “the nugget”. Board certified by the American Boards of Internal and Addiction Medicine, Dr. Whitsett earned his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati.

ABOUT THE RIDGE

Located on 51 acres, The Ridge provides medical and therapeutic treatment for individuals struggling with addiction in a serene, comfortable setting. The intimate facility, which is about 20 minutes outside of Cincinnati, Ohio, covers the full continuum of substance abuse care including interventions, medically-supervised detoxification, residential treatment, and aftercare.

According to the Ridge’s website, the signature addiction treatment program at the center is physician-designed and managed, and is based on a minimum 30-day stay.

In addition to 12-step meetings, treatment includes cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), medication assisted treatment (MAT), and group and individual counseling. Extensive fitness and recreational activities are offered as well.

Emphasis is placed on education for both clients and their families, with family members and loved ones able to visit, and encouraged to participate in treatment. The facility offers six family groups a month, as well as ample opportunities for one-on-one family counseling.

Many patients require detox before entering The Ridge’s inpatient program. About 80 percent of patients are able to go through detox at the center. More severe cases require hospitalization, which The Ridge can help coordinate.

One year of aftercare, which includes a weekly 90-minute group session, is provided to all successful graduates as a part of the program package.

The rehab is separately accredited to treat licensed professionals such as doctors, pharmacists, and lawyers, as well as high-level executives.

The facility's treatment team includes a board-certified addictionologist, physicians, nurses, a psychiatrist, and licensed chemical dependency counselors.

The 15-bed facility proudly characterizes itself as an intimate treatment program where anyone is welcome to overcome their substance abuse in a discreet and supportive setting.

Living quarters are comfortable, offering shared rooms, with one private room, as well as a spacious dining room and a living room with a fireplace. A full-time chef (and assistant) make nutritious meals.

The 51-acre campus has a small swimming pool, stocked fishing pond, a sauna, and a wooded area.

At the time of this writing there have been four alumni polled by Rehabs.com. Alumni gave the facility mostly positive ratings. On average, alumni gave the facility 4.25 out of five stars for exercise and leisure, 3.5 stars for holistic offerings, and 3.5 stars for the cell phone and visitation policy. Alumni also gave four stars for counseling options, four stars for staff experience, 3.75 stars for family participation, and 4.25 stars when asked if they would recommend the facility to a friend or family member seeking treatment.

Alumni remarked that strengths of the facility included patient and kind employees as well as professional attitudes from staff.” Several alumni remarked that a weakness of the facility was that it was very expensive.

At the time of this writing there have been three friends and family members polled by Rehabs.com. Loved ones gave the facility mostly positive reviews. One anonymous loved one gave the facility three out of five stars for treatment effectiveness, five stars for accommodations & amenities, and five stars for meals & nutrition.

She strongly agreed that the facility was clean and well maintained; that the facility offered excellent leisure, exercise, and extracurricular options; and that the facility staff were experienced and well-trained. She felt that a strength of the facility was that “There are counselors who were once addicts themselves and are understanding. There are lectures that explain the physiology of addiction and treatment."

Another anonymous loved one felt that a weakness of the facility was that it was far from his home. The last loved one who left a review wrote, “overall it was a very good and so far for my family member, effective facility.”

The private pay rate at The Ridge Ohio is $30,000 for 30 days. Commercial insurance with out-of-network benefits is accepted. Medicare and Medicaid will not pay The Ridge Ohio for residential treatment.

Published on August 2017

The employees are on a power trip and forget that we paid thousands of dollars. They need to understand it isn't a public facility.

What a wast of money.This is not worth 30,000 dollars. If I could find a way to get my money back, I would. Do not go there!

Hi - Sorry you had a bad experience. We strive to make our program effective and valuable. We hope you attend the year of aftercare included in your payment. I would like to try and help understand what went wrong. Please contact me personally when you can.

My experience at the Ridge can only be described as very positive and beneficial for myself as a client. The Ridge housing staff were understanding and helpful. The environment was indusive to self examination in a very safe environment. The doctors had great insight into my needs and the counsellors brought my personal problems to the forefront so that they could be dealt with. I have great respect and gratitude for all the things the staff at the Ridge were able to help me with. Thank you, Mike

I live in an area where addiction treatment centers are scarce. The Ridge is 2.5 hours away and is just what my son needed. Our insurance did not cover his stay and I understand the costs pay the staff and all the amenities. I am thankful he can get help at the Ridge.

family and peer involvement in the overall healing and treatment process and keeping us up to date on everything. i would have to say diversity was a weakness. overall it was a very good and so far for my family member, effective facility

I've been to two other rehab facilities in California and Florida and I would say the way The Ridge Ohio handled my addiction was a success for me. There were a low number of people in the program, I got the help I needed and I wasn't just a number. I was treated with respect and was happy with my experience at The Ridge Ohio.

Professional attitude was great but cost was a downfall. I think they did a great job and would recommend them to everyone.

they are very kind. it was very good.

Strengths: patient employees. Weaknesses: the cost.

Friendly staff, clean facilities but far from our home. Physician managed treatment. Located on a large beautiful property. After care and follow up treatment as well.

I cannot speak more highly of the Ridge. Its combination of staff, doctors, cooks, facilities, and program was absolutely amazing. Being in the medical field I thought I understood drug and alcohol addiction. It wasn't until I was faced with my own struggles that I realized I knew nothing about addiction. The Ridge inpatient treatment center not only jump started my recovery but also gave me the tools and education to understand the disease of addiction, relapse triggers, and how to work a 12 step program. I have never felt alone in battling my addiction from the very start the Ridge and Northland staff has been by my side each step of the way. I can't imagine getting better treatment anywhere else.

The facility was extremely nice. It was an actual house and holds a small number of residents. There are counselers who were once addicts themselves and are understanding. There are lectures that explain the physiology of addiction and treatment. Very expensive and many insurance companies will not cover. There is inpatient and outpatient treatment at the Ridge. Inpatient is 30 days and residents stay in a secluded house that has large bedrooms and there is a pool. There is an in house chef. Residents are transported by bus to AA meetings, therapy sessions and field trips such as trips to the YMCA. After completion of inpatient there are outpatient sessions to attend as well.

A good facility but needs to improve holistic offerings, price and counseling options. The 12-step program was excellent.

Just want to say that this was a first class rehab that helped me to realize my disease and ways to deal with life. It was everything I was told it was going to be. I'm so grateful for the staff and the doctors who helped me along the way. I'm now at 9 months clean and not a day goes by I don't use the tools given to me at The Ridge. First class. And oh, don't forget the chef made the best meals I've ever had. If you want a straight forward rehab this is your best bet. Don't fall for the Florida rehab scene, everything you need is right here.