The Right Step - Dallas Central in Euless, TX

Call (844) 768-0130 to Contact The Right Step - Dallas Central

2219 West Euless Blvd
Euless TX 76040

The Right Step - Dallas Central Philosophy

The Right Step has been treating patients with chemical dependency issues for more than 20 years. Staffed by compassionate and experienced professionals, the Euless/ Ft. Worth facility offers gender-separate residential addiction treatment for adults, as well as a chronic relapse program. Treatment is multidisciplinary, 12-Step based and individually tailored to each client.

• Inpatient Detoxification
    Individuals in need of withdrawal assistance are provided professionally monitored medical detoxification services in a clinical setting for optimal results. Detox may last between three and five days and is followed by additional care upon discharge as desired.

• Chronic Relapse Program
    For those who have been in treatment before or who have been struggling to stay sober, The Right Step’s chronic relapse program uses proven methods to help clients prevent relapse before it happens. Specially trained staff helps clients gain insight into their roadblocks to recovery and create a specific action plan for addressing triggers following treatment.

Daring Way (Shame Resilience Curriculum)

Trauma Informed Care

Collaborative Problem Solving

Jason Powers, M.D

Chief Medical Officer

Dr. Powers joined Right Step and Promises Austin as chief medical officer in 2006. Originally trained and board certified in family medicine, Dr. Powers re-dedicated his career to helping addicts and their families after he personally faced addiction in 2003. He is now also board certified in addiction medicine and develops programs that help addicted individuals and their families embrace the healing path of recovery. Dr. Powers has been recognized four times as a top addiction doctor by H Texas Magazine, and is currently secretary/treasurer of the Texas chapter of the American Society of Addiction Medicine and a local expert for The Partnership at Drugfree.org. Dr. Powers is also the author of the comprehensive book about addiction When the Servant Becomes the Master.

Julie De Nofa

Regional Vice President, Texas

Julie joined The Right Step in 2006 as corporate director of nursing and utilization management Julie is a Certified Addiction Registered Nurse and she is also an active member of The International Nurses Society on Addictions. Her nursing background and experience in the field of addiction help her instill a culture of compassion throughout the entire The Right Step and Promises Austin organization. Julie’s career began in Philadelphia, PA over 20 years ago, providing care to those afflicted with mental illness, then with chemical dependency, where she found her niche. Julie volunteers with The Texas Peer Assistance Program for Nurses (TPAPN) as a participant advocate and serves as a committee member for the TPAPN Advisory Board. Julie’s passion is to advance excellence in addiction treatment through staff development, education, advocacy, and collaboration with the highly talented group of individuals at The Right Step. Julie believes strongly in finding balance between work and home and enjoys spending time with her family. Her three children provide a never-ending source of non-stop activity and her volunteerism extends to the schools and her community.

ABOUT THE RIGHT STEP — DALLAS CENTRAL

Founded in 1990, The Right Step offers treatment services at three locations: in Houston and Hill Country, plus this facility in Euless, midway between Dallas and Fort Worth. The Euless location offers residential treatment and outpatient care at several intensities for individuals struggling with substance use disorder or a dual diagnosis. Medical detox is also offered on-site, positioning the facility among the 8.4 percent of Texas-based rehabs that offer detox in a residential setting. Both men and women are welcome, though programming and residences are gender-separate.

Clients detoxing at The Right Step of Dallas Central receive round-the-clock care, as well as medications to support a safe and comfortable withdrawal process. When appropriate, staff might administer methadone, buprenorphine, or Naltrexone (which are used at 14.4 percent, 23.4 percent, and 18.6 percent of Texas-based facilities, respectively). Benzodiazepines are also used — sparingly, given their potentially addictive qualities.

Residential treatment at The Right Step is based on 12-Step, which is supplemented by a range of holistic and evidence-based therapies, including Brené Brown's Daring Way curriculum. Clients participate in individual, group, and family counseling, plus healing activities such as yoga, meditation, team sports, and art and music activities. All clients also receive a personalized fitness plan from an on-site fitness instructor.

Clients struggling with co-occurring mental health disorders also see the on-site psychiatrist at least weekly and may receive ongoing medication management, as indicated. For individuals who struggle with chronic relapse, the facility also offers a specialized program track that focuses on relapse-prevention techniques.

This location also offers a partial hospitalization program (PHP), offered at 15.1 percent of Texas-based facilities, and an intensive outpatient program (IOP), offered at 53.8 percent of Texas-based facilities. The PHP meets for five days a week, and the IOP meets for three days a week, for a total of 10 hours. The programs use similar programming approaches as residential treatment.

Clients who successfully graduate treatment at The Right Step receive access to two years of complimentary aftercare, plus access to alumni events and support groups.

The center employs an on-site addictionologist and an on-site psychiatrist, both board-certified. The team also includes an anesthesiologist, psychiatric advanced nurse practitioners, and licensed social workers, and therapists. The nine individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center's staff were mostly impressed.

Staff Experience and Training: 4.2/5

Clients stay in gender-separate facilities and eat three healthy meals a day, prepared by the on-site nutritionist. When they're not in treatment, meetings, or holistic activities, residents can play basketball on the on-site court or enjoy a movie night. The nine individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center's cleanliness and amenities gave mixed feedback, skewing positive.

Cleanliness: 4.4/5
Exercise and Leisure: 3.7/5

The nearly a dozen alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date painted a mixed picture of The Right Step's Dallas location, with many very positive reviews counterbalanced by some notes of recurring complaint. Unhappy clients frequently cited overcrowding and understaffing, leading to disorganization and a sense of inadequate individual attention and holistic activities.

"Like life, the program only gives you results if you invest in it completely. This program is simply overwhelmed and takes on too many patients to offer individualized treatment, though they try. Very nice staff that has great intentions," M.H. wrote in one of the more generous complaints. "This is obviously a for-profit entity and they're more concerned with maximizing occupancy than providing the appropriate care," K.J. wrote in a less generous take. Several clients echoed K.J.'s disappointment.

However, the reviews also contain extensive praise for the center's food, family programming, solid grounding in the 12-Steps, and staff. Numerous clients wrote that they had successfully achieved sobriety at the center — like Tee, who wrote: "Simply put they saved my life. Very very awesome staff. Very professional." The four alumni polled on the facility's offerings in a variety of metrics were impressed by the counseling options and family participation, but less so by the holistic offerings.

Family Participation: 4/5
Counseling Options: 4/5
Holistic Offerings: 3/5

The Right Step's Dallas location also has mixed feedback on secondary sites at the time of this writing, with average ratings of three out of five stars based on 30 reviews on Google and three out of five stars based on 12 reviews on Yelp (including "not recommended" reviews), plus three one-star ratings on CiteHealth.[1] [2] [3]

The negative reviews repeatedly cite uncomfortable and dirty conditions, administrative problems, and a sense that the facility is more interested in making money than helping people. "The most mismanaged place I’ve ever been to. They will do anything to get you in but refuse to help after they have your money," Rowan wrote in a typical comment on Google.

However, several reviewers thanked the staff and reported successfully achieving sobriety here. "When I was here I'd say 95% of the staff proved that they GENUINELY cared about the recovery and well-being of us all," Damaris wrote in a representative comment on Google.

Reviews from loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date were mostly positive. Rehabs.com asked five loved ones whether they would recommend the facility, and their answers were mostly in the affirmative.

Would Recommend: 4/5

The same five reviewers painted a picture of solid family programming, but a lack of extracurriculars and breadth of programming:

Family Participation: 4.4/5
Holistic Offerings: 3.4/5
Counseling Options: 3.2/5

One loved one complained of a lack of supervision and noted that their son had run away from the center. However, the majority of reviewers wrote that the program had been successful for their loved one, and reported improvements in many areas of life, including professional and overall mental health. "It helped my mother with her alcohol addiction. She is now a much happier, healthier person," one anonymous reviewer wrote in a representative comment.

The Right Step accepts most PPO insurance plans, but does not currently list the cost of treatment. The nine individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date on the center's affordability gave mostly positive feedback:

Affordability: 4.2/5

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-right-step-dallas-central-euless-2?osq=The+Right+Step
[3] https://citehealth.com/rehab-centers/texas/cities/euless/trs-behavioral-care-inc#reviews

Published on June 2019

CJ

I WAS IN INPATIENT IN EULESS. THE PLACE WAS FANTASTIC. THOUGHT ME A NEW WAY OF LOOKING AT THINGS AND NEW WAYS TO HANDLE THEM I AM CLEAN OVER A YEAR. RIGHT STEP GAVE ME BACK MY LIFE. I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL AND SO IS MY FAMILY. THEY GAVE THE SKILLS I NEEDED. A SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO THE MOST AWESOME COUNCILOR. THE WHOLE STAFF IS MOSTLY PEOPLE IN RECOVERY AND THE UNDERSTAND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE IT IS VERY CARING LOVING NURTURING ENVIROMENT.

anon

Found the other people on the unit more helpful than any of the staff. Zero Communication between staff. In my short time there. I had nothing but negative experiences with the staff except for the Psychiatrist who I loved and one out of the several nurses I saw. Admissions staff basically wanted me to sign things without reading. I was given a huge packet of information with highlighted areas to sign and/or. They wanted me to sign things even if they weren't true yet . For example one section said that I received the guidebook of rules for the unit. When I questioned the fact that I had not received any guide book of rules, I was told that I would receive it on the Unit. When I stated that the paper said I had received it already. The staff just kept saying I would receive it on the unit. I stated that I wont sign it until I received it. The staff proceeded to become argumentative rather then just getting the rules for me. I had a assessment on a Wednesday which said I was going to detox from a medication I was on and been using appropriately and then join IOP . This medication was not my addiction. I agreed to this because I really wanted the additional help and could see how this medication could be addictive. I already had a sponsor I was working well with, A therapist, a couples counselor and home group I regularly attended. They told me to come in Friday morning for admittance to the detox unit. I was there bright and early but it still took 4-5 hours to get on the unit. I made all the appropriate arrangements with the human resources of my employment. About half way through the process the nurse I was meeting with told me I was being put in the residential program because that's what assessment said. When I attempted to point out that was not what I was told on Wednesday nor had I made any arrangements with my employer for a 30 day stay. Or packed for an extended stay. She just continue to ignore me rather than listen to me and just kept saying that what my assessment said. When it became clear I wasn't going to budge until I talked to the person who did my assessment or someone in assessment. She went and got a couple other people to talk to me (neither of which was anyone from assessment). Finally someone came into the room and stated that I was correct that's what my original assessment said. I met with the psychiatrist (who I loved btw. He really was one of the 2 people I met on staff who treated me like a person rather than a number). I met with the psychiatrist he told me his plan for me and what meds I was going to be put on. I noticed after day 2, one of the meds the doctor prescribed I was not being given. When I questioned this I was told by one of nursing staff that the med was discontinued from my plan by the psychiatrist. It was not until one of the overnight nurses noticed the discrepancy (btw the other staff who treated me like a person). She told me that the medication was not discontinued by the psychiatrist rather it was called into the pharmacy and I had to call the pharmacy to verify my credit card info. Which btw was the first time that was mentioned to me. I didn't actually meet with my counselor until the day of my discharge. Although she kept apologizing about how swamped they were, It does not justify the lack of communication. On the day of my discharge I kept being told I would be discharged around three. I wasn't discharged until 4:30, all my meds were called into my pharmacy including the meds I came with. When the pharmacy called with questions rather than get me. I was literally in the next room. The nurses told the pharmacy I had been discharge and was on my way there. The last thing I would like to mention is when one of the staff asked the Men's Unit Coordinator if my file went to me, she said "NO" in a demeaning and incredulous way to the staff. Because of the way she said it, I than stated I would like to get a copy as is my legal right. The coordinator just walked away ignoring me . When this staff asked nursing staff what to do they told her that I needed to make an official request. So when I asked staff how to do that, they gave me the run around. The one amazing thing (other than those 2 wonderful medical staff) was the quality and nutritional value of the meals. I was truly impressed with the kitchen staff. I am starting IOP soon, hopefully that experience will be better. I have heard positive things from my NA home group about there IOP.

CC

Pretty decieving on the site and images for Euless center . Pretty disorganized and wasn’t exactly told what to expect going in voluntarily . Wasn’t welcomed or comforted at all coming in just brought straight to a very bland sad room with a plastic mattress /pillow and jail quality bedding . Then I was on my own wasn’t shown around by anyone except where people can smoke , really no explanation of anything at all . Didn’t know what medications I should have or when and no one checked on me at all the first night or even morning until I asked them if there’s something I should be taking to not get sick and I was told they didn’t want to wake me when I needed meds to not get sick which I thought was the point of being there. And no one checked on me at all asked how I was doing or even checked vitals my first night not until the next day sometime when my roommate complained I was sick and vomiting. Some of the staff were just careless and not understanding or caring at all and you had to be the one to ask Questions or figure things out on your own a lot of wandering around aimlessly like an open jail concept and sleeping it off would have rather done that in a hospital room and saved a ton of money in a cleaner envorinment and probably more positive helpful people .i figured it should be a welcoming comforting place when your coming in voluntarily and it is a scary thing .

MH

There are not many options for drug and alcohol residential treatment in the DFW area, and this is one of the better options. If you are serious about getting a foothold on your abuse, this is as good a place as any to start. I've really seen some amazing recoveries, but also some devastating relapses. They have an awesome fitness center and the chef prepares great meals, so you won't go hungry. The group setting is more like initiation into the 12 step gang, with not much supervision. At the end of the day the only one who can help you get, and stay, sober is YOU. Like life, the program only gives you results if you invest in it completely. This program is simply overwhelmed and takes on too many patients to offer individualized treatment, though they try. Very nice staff that has great intentions. At one point in time they literally forgot I was there, and lost track of my treatment program. Overall, I would give this facility 3.5 stars out of 5.

Cindy

I was in Euless Tx at Rightstep in 09/15 I am sober today thanks to the counselors and programs I received there. At the age of 63 I had tried other facilities gaining no more than 6mo sobriety. I have made through a divorce and been able to reunite with my family members. I am forever thankful for all the tools of sobriety I was given during my 30 day treatment program

KJ

I really question the reviews listed for this center. I left there recently and I was extremely disappointed. Many of the amenities/benefits were exaggerated or outright untrue. For example, I was told they provide \"holistic\" treatment to include nutrition, sleep behaviors analysis, accupuncture, etc. None of this was true. This is obviously a for-profit entity and they\'re more concerned with maximizing occupancy than providing the appropriate care. There were 50 men yet time and time again, there was insufficient coverage (i.e., nurses, counselors, RAs). The staff would make excuses that they have to service too many people in response to making mistakes with medication, taking 5 days to see the doctor for urgent issue, etc. I doubt my review will remain on this page. What I do know is that if the 50 guys I attended treatment read these reviews, they\'d roll their eyes...

Tee

I have been sober for six months now since I left TRS-Euless. I recently married the love of my life. Simply put they saved my life. Very very awesome staff. Very professional.

Location was a strength, but staffing was a downfall. Save your money and go to AA.

Jessica

The doctor who is the addiction specialist n head of the facility was a strength of the facility. This was a life changing experience for me n fortunately for me i was able to transition to the halfway house (the next step) n then to an Oxford house. Helped me TREMENDOUSLY! I spent 2 yrs in Houston learning how to live sober thru AA. AA is the only way i can stay sober! :)

It helped my mother with her alcohol addiction. She is now a much happier, healthier person.

Great service. They treated well, i am very musch satisfied.

Madison

Easy to follow 12-step program, sponsor program, highly encouraged companionship, family very often involved in treatment. Weaknesses: Dirty, lack of nutritional food options, distracting, leisure activities were just excessive cigarette smoking. No transition or follow-up programs at time of discharge... As far as I remember.

The staff truly care about patients recovery. The costs are a little too high for a patient that needs to stay longer. I was able to focus on getting myself healthy and the staff were able to show me new ways to battle my addiction

the people make the difference, very caring. I had no complants. they helped me get my life back in order and never judged me.

it had a lot of staff on site and lenient policies, but the security was nonexistent and patients could leave anytime. I do not think a facility should allow visitors without searches as it was a drug treatment facility.

offers various medications to help with abstinence. their steps to recovery is easily attainable.

Strengths: One on one care also good group therapy. The alanon was particularly good. I felt safe and respected, no one judged me nor did I worry about my business getting shared outside the group

Treat well

good workers and doctors

helpful, hardworking, kind.

They were very friendly and helpful

Strengths: clean, works with families and affordable. Weaknesses: many patients. liked the facility and i hope that it worked.

well cared for grounds, friendly and understanding staff, wonderful care, family involvement programs. prices can be high for lower income families. I witnessed this facility help transform the life of someone very dear to me. With family involvement being a focus, the treatment plan was very clear. I would recommend this facility.

ES

The Right Step helped saved my life. The staff was compassionate and knowledgable. There was individual and group therapy, as well as educational classes and outside 12 step meetings. The Chef did a great job providing a variety of meals, and access to the fitness facility/group fitness instructor was a plus! I have attended in patient, out patient and aftercare at TRS and would recommend the programs to anyone seeking help for addiction.

Strengths: excellent food Outside trips to NA mtgs. Weakensses: no exercise facilities. I was great the time I needed help the most in my life

the counselors were great but could use a little more outdoor activity. affordable, excellent counselors, good program.

The counseling was perfect and included group, individual, and family to correct the problems that caused the drinking. Staff is courteous and helpful at all times. Some issues for others concerning sending their children for treatment, but I never had those problems myself. I was violated as a child by my maternal aunt's husband and turned to alcohol to cope. This facility helped me understand that even though this happened 30 years ago it was still affecting me today and causing me to self harm by alcohol. I was able to deal with the childhood trauma and kick the addiction because of the assistance given at this facility was able to become healthy.

they care about thier patients. they don't have free aftercare. They seperate the men and women and i feel like thats a big plus.

TOC

My son was admitted to the 30 day adolescent program by his own wishes. We expected a great experience since he was asking for help on his own. Every one seemed very helpful. However, all that changed when he ran away from there. He was upset at the lack of supervision during free time in the courtyard. I was told my son was lying. I was also told that male and female adolescents would have no contact. Once again... Not true. The police were called when my son left. Please for your child\'s sake check out several facilities and do not send them to the WRONG STEP!

PM

The staff was wonderful; however, the accommodations were subpar. It was an overall affordable option.

to

The first day I got there, the facility was absolutely filthy. Then, I was told to hide any money I had because people would steal from me. Then, they kept us away from phones unless it was dinner time, which was not very long, maybe a half an hour or so. It was panicky, scary and unclean.

Was a very clean facility. I would recommend this facility to others.

Chris

Although the facility was sometimes short staffed, the staff was very competent and great overall. It was also a safe and clean environment.

I was comfortable and received all I needed. I am still sober. Unfortunately I believe they are under different ownership now.

Janette

My son is doing great. He is looking for a job. Since he left he has been communicating better and smiling a lot more. I would reccomend this rehab to other people. They really took care of my son. He seen a psychiatrist multiple times and they got him on the right meds. They worked with my insurance. I can't think of anything negative to say about this program.

There was informative instruction.

anonymous

Good entry level facility because of price -- not effective enough for long-term recovery. Didn't help our son recover as much as hoped for.

Nick

Refers clients to facilities all over the country. Very cost effective with very good support staff. Would send member of my own family there. Do not get paid for referrals.

RT

Great, changed my life and my thinking.

Amy

The Right Step DFW was and still is a huge part of my recovery. After 3 years of chronic relapsing and 6 months in another treatment facility, I had the knowledge of the tools necessary for sobriety but I still wasn't able to implement them in my everyday life. The Right Step SAID program and my counselor helped me finally connect the dots. Upon completing residential treatment, I am currently in the Right Step IOP program, and today I'm celebrating 90 days of continuous sobriety. My life could not be any better, and I could not have been successful in recovery without the spiritual awakening I had with the amazing staff and community at the Right Step.

(My loved one) has improved self-awareness and life skills, such as ability to handle stress, anger, and anxiety. Better attitude/motivation to change, and has stopped abusing addictive substances

KB

Facility was very good about working with me on payment.

HI

I have 17 years experience working in treatment programs...(Right Step) is dedicated to providing quality care...(needs to improve) Discharge Planning.