The Rose House

P.O. Box 270416, Louisville, Colorado, 80027

About The Rose House

The Rose House is a residential treatment center for women ages 18 and above. It is a dual diagnosis clinical focus for the treatment of mental health and substance abuse. We specialize in the treatment of trauma and how it effects women to find long-term recovery.

Family Program

Trauma & Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT)

Associative Awareness Therapy (AAT) uses the brain’s innate ability to adapt to change in a healing way, essentially “retraining” the brain to respond differently to familiar memories of trauma or pain.

• Group therapy
  • Relapse prevention
  • Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Programs
MARCIE CHAMBERS, PHD

MARCIE CHAMBERS, PHD

Director

Dr. Marcie Chambers is the director of The Rose House. She received her Ph.D. in Psychology from the University of Colorado at Boulder in 1999. Marcie also has a BA and MS in Psychology. She has over 10 years of clinical experience including individual, group and family therapy. Her hobbies include travel and scuba diving.

Show Bio
Valerie Andrews, PhD

Valerie Andrews, PhD

Neuropsychology

20+ years of experience in therapy and treatment.

Show Bio
Financial Details
  • Up to 60%

Reviewed by Our Contributors

ABOUT THE ROSE HOUSE

Founded in 2008, the Rose House offers treatment for adult women struggling with substance misuse, mental health concerns, and co-occurring disorders. Located in the Boulder suburb of Louisville, the Rose House offers residential care, a partial hospitalization program (PHP), which is offered at 5.2 percent of Colorado facilities, an intensive outpatient program (IOP), offered at 44.4 percent of Colorado facilities, standard outpatient care, and aftercare. Detox services are not available on-site.

Upon admission, each client receives a complete psychological evaluation, the results of which inform her individualized treatment plan. Clients typically stay in the residential program for two or three months, positioning the Rose House among the 10.8 percent of Colorado facilities that offer treatment lasting longer than 30 days.

The Rose House emphasizes healing any trauma clients have experienced, as well as addressing any mental-health disorders they're struggling with. As such, residents participate in a total of 30 hours of individual and group counseling per week, which utilize evidence-based and trauma-informed methods drawn from cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), among other modalities.

These clinical approaches are supplemented by holistic therapies such as art therapy, daily exercise, equine therapy, and volunteering, plus sessions on mindfulness and nutrition. There are also specific sessions on grief and loss, sex and love addiction, and working with the inner child. Every night, residents also attend 12-step meetings in the community.

Toward the end of their stay, clients work with staff to develop an aftercare plan, which may include stepping down to the center’s PHP, IOP, or OP treatment options. The facility also operates two local sober living facilities, which offer an increased level of freedom along with structure and support.

According to The Rose House’s website, the center’s treatment team includes a psychiatrist a PhD-level psychologist, a registered nurse, master’s-level therapists, licensed professional counselors, and certified addiction counselors.

Surrounded by mountain views and hiking trails, the Rose House’s 16-bed occupancy offers clients a homelike environment for recovery. Residents live together in a large, prairie-style mansion with a fireplace, communal kitchen, a yoga and stretching room, and an outdoor swimming pool.

Each resident sleeps in a twin bed and shares a bedroom with one roommate. As part of the program, participants are given daily access to a local health club, and staff are available to provide guidance on nutrition.

Of the four reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, three are positive and one is negative. The positive reviewers were often impressed by the Rose House's long-term treatment plan and all the options to gradually transition out of residential treatment and back into community life.

In addition, the reviewers repeatedly praised the center's individual approach, allowing each resident to get to their root cause of their addiction. "They individualize the projects and writing assignments to the specific client when necessary, and this really helps show that the staff cares. The genuinely want every woman to succeed," alum Kristin wrote.

The only negative review from an alum cited a lack of seatbelts on the bus and complained about the smoking areas around the facility, leading to cigarette butts being left around, among other things.

The Rose House has mostly positive feedback on secondary sites at the time of this writing, with a 4.4 out of five-star average rating based on 14 reviews on Google, a five-star rating on Yelp, and a one-star rating on YellowPages.com.[1] [2] [3]

The positive reviewers frequently praised the facility's staff and breadth of programming. "Thank you Rose house, after 10 years I finally feel like my life is back. I never thought I could do this. The combo of the staff, therapists, trauma therapy, going to the gym and hikes-finding a new way to live helped me change everything and lose nothing," Mary wrote in a typical comment on Google.

WHAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY SAY

Of the two reviews from loved ones submitted to Rehabs.com to date, one was positive and one negative. Mother Becky felt that her daughter did not receive the promised care, and was very unhappy that her daughter was discharged alone, despite Becky being her guardian.

However, fellow mom Lucy praised her daughter's treatment, specifically highlighting the center’s individual programming and continuum of care. “As a mom, I was comforted by the step-down and after care programs. I needed to know my child not only had learned how to be sober, but could really manage day to day in her new life,” she wrote.

The Rose House accepts insurance, and will verify clients' coverage on their behalf, but does not currently provide any information about the cost of its programs.

[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-rose-house-louisville?osq=The+Rose+House
[3] https://www.yellowpages.com/lafayette-co/mip/the-rose-house-453730642

Accreditations & Licenses
  • ADP
  • NAATP
Social Media Links
Important Notice

We list thousands of treatment providers throughout the U.S., often including alumni and staff ratings and reviews, and Rehabs.com 360 Guides that provide valuable information for people making difficult decisions. Rehabs.com is not influenced in regards to its ratings or reviews by any treatment center or its sponsors, and we clearly designate advertiser relationships with “Sponsor” or “Ad” or “Advertisement”.

• Kristin
    My name is Kristin and I am a graduate of the Rose House. I have actually gone here twice. The first time I did not take the program seriously at all, and was not at all willing to do the Step Down program after completing the inpatient program. My second time at the Rose House was different. I was looking at a very long prison sentence if I could not comply with my probation. My mom got ahold of the Rose House while I was in jail. I was accepted into the program immediately and was released from jail a few days later. I went straight from jail to the Rose House. I chose to come back to the Rose House because it was a place I was already comfortable at, and I knew they would advocate for me during my court cases. On my way up to the Rose House, I told myself I was going to put in my best effort and do the work. I had finally hit my rock bottom and there was no where to go up from there. I was fortunate enough to have the same therapist as I did the first time. He is probably the only therapist I have every felt comfortable talking to. And he is also the only therapist to get me to cry by bringing up difficult and sensitive things that I needed to talk about. I always put up a wall to protect myself and he could see right through them. Most of the day is spent doing group therapy sessions that are on specific topics. We learn different coping skills, we talk about spiritually, nutrition and wellness, equine therapy, and we often participate in art therapy. The Rose House understands that every client is different, and not everything we do in the program will work for everyone. They individualize the projects and writing assignments to the specific client when necessary, and this really helps show that the staff cares. The genuinely want every woman to succeed. The Rose House teaches us how to incorporate the twelve step program into our lives. We are taken to different AA or NA meetings every night. We are required to get a sponsor and meet with them once a week. After about 60 days spent in inpatient, we are allowed to get out phones back. This was exciting for me, but I was also nervous at the same time. I know I was going to have messages from people that are toxic for me. Getting my phone back and being allowed to only use it for a couple hours everyday helped me work through these triggers in a safe environment. This time at the Rose House I decided to participate in the Step Down program. Step Down is a sober living house very close the the inpatient house. The only thing I did not enjoy about the Step Down program is that the therapist you were working with for the entire inpatient program, is no longer your therapist. I didn't want to tell my story again and basically start all over. At Step Down, I still felt very connection to the main house. Every week, the girls at step down are required to go to two group therapy classes each week, have one individual therapy session and attend the Sunday night speaker meeting at the house. Getting a job was my greatest accomplishment while I was at Step Down. I have had very few "real" jobs in my life, and I didn't even know how to begin finding a job. The staff at the house was very helpful. I got help making a resume, and suggestions as to where I could work with my criminal record. I quickly found a job and my life seemed to be on the right path. I recently completed the Step Down program. I returned home to Colorado Springs, and am very confident that I will find a job soon. Moving is always a hard adjustment for me, but the skills I learned at the Rose House will get me through it. I recommend the Rose House for any woman struggling with addiction. The ages of the woman are across the board. I have been there with women who are 18, and there were woman there in the same time in their 70s. This is a program that can help anyone if you truly want to get help. Becoming clean and sober is a task no one can do on their own. Thank you Rose House, you have truly changed my life for the better and I am beyond grateful for that .
    I have been struggling with drug and alcohol addiction for 16 years. And although I have always been aware that addiction is a disease that so many people suffer from, there was still a part of me that felt like my story was unique or different than in some way. I felt like there was no way that the world could ever help me because how could they ever truly understand what I had gone through in my life? When deciding to come to the Rose House, this was no exception, because I needed them to understand what I believed I "needed" in order to heal or recover. I had attended many other treatment centers in the past, but never one that addressed my underlying issues relating to my trauma and grief. In arriving at the Rose House, it was clear from the beginning that their approach was different. What I immediately loved about them was that it was clear that they did not focus on the problem, but rather the solution to the problem. That isn't to say that they didn't validate my journey or life experiences, but they truly helped me take action around changing these things. The Rose House slowly taught me that I did not have to continue to carry around the shame and fear I was feeling for such a long time. They taught me that in order to begin the healing process, that I had to take some risks first. And for me, the first risk was letting go of the toxic things I was using in my life to numb the pain. They supported me on the days that I was angry, sad or afraid, and with no strings attached, they just simply helped me to keep going. The staff at the Rose House is some of the most exceptional in my opinion, and that's truly because they care. Their investment was not in my family's money or how they could treat my disease "better" than other places could, but rather in providing me with the tools and skills I needed in order to live my life again. There is not only one approach that the Rose House takes with clients that come in, so if you are anything like me, and believe that you have exhausted other options, I am here to tell you that the Rose House works with you to find what WILL work. It is an individualized program that strongly focuses on what the client needs in order to succeed. I got the opportunity to truly change at the Rose House, and the best part is that they are still in my life reminding me that I am worthy. The Rose House is a place that I would recommend to anyone that is struggling with substance abuse, trauma, depression, anxiety, etc. All I had to do was show up, and they helped with the rest. I needed to be reminded that there is HOPE, and that I did not have to continue to live the destructive life I was living. I am so grateful for the Rose House, and could not imagine my life without them in it now. If you're struggling, please know that a place like Rose House exists and that there is help out there when you're ready to accept it (or even if you're not ready).
  • Maui
    The Rose House is a life saver! The staff has an enormous amount of experience and truly cares about all clients past and present. The Rose House is an Out-of-Network provider and works with a variety of insurance PPO plans. They are not a Medicaid/ Medicare provider. The Rose House verifies insurance benefits as a service to clients. I appreciate their willingness to provide crucial care to clients with or without insurance. I would highly recommend The Rose House!
  • Becky
    Still awaiting a refund of a facility that took advantage of a tough situation. My daughter has aspergers depression and anxiety and attempted suicide before going to Rose House for help She became more severe and agitated and did not receive all care described in pamphlet and paperwork. I'm still waiting for an itemized receipt ..been almost four months waiting. They live to send an invoice of the total bill but nothing itemized. The facility said they couldn't work with my daughter and allowed her to sign out even though that's illegal because I have guardianship. When I picked up my daughter she was sitting on the porch with her belongings...alone. Horrible.
  • Tammie
    To add to my last review, be careful when you get in the van to go to all your meetings and events. Back then the van didn't have working seatbelts. We were going around a corner way to fast on ice roads and I slid on the seat and hit my head on the side window, knocking me silly for a moment or two. And if you happen to have any lung disease or asthma I definitely wouldn't recommend this facility because smoking is allowed everywhere out side of the "House". Cigarette butts are everywhere around the grounds...completely disgusting!!!
  • Lucy
    Today my daughter graduated from The Rose House! I am so grateful to the staff that caringly and completely brought my daughter to sobriety! My daughter knew she needed help and was ready to do the work. She had multiple issues and The Rose House addressed her situation individually and guided her back to 'life'! I am so proud of the way she progressed through the program. Everything about The Rose House is supportive. As a mom, I was comforted by the step-down and after care programs. I needed to know my child not only had learned how to be sober, but could really manage day to day in her new life. Please excuse my exhilaration on having a sober daughter and allow me to say, 'We have come out the other side of this 'situation' smelling like a Rose!' I was once where you are now, searching for the right treatment. I remember the 'situation' before finding treatment and I wish your loved one the health and happiness like my daughter found at The Rose House. I can't say enough good things about the exceptional level of care my daughter received there. Thank Goodness For The Rose House!!!