Therapy in Motion, Inc in Lava Hot Springs, ID

165 Main St.
Lava Hot Springs ID 83246

Therapy in Motion, Inc Philosophy

ABOUT THERAPY IN MOTION

Therapy in Motion (TiM) is a private nonprofit organization that offers residential drug and alcohol treatment for adult men and women from a tiny, secluded community in southeastern Idaho. Detoxification is not available on-site.

The recommended length of stay is three months. TiM’s underlying philosophy is to remove dependency behavior from clients. In the facility’s own words, “No one is coddled, pampered or enabled in entitlement thinking or dependent behavior.”

According to its website, the residential program at Therapy in Motion is holistic, involving physical health, nutrition, exercise, and family engagement. Regarding treatment modalities, therapists and support staff engage clients in cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), motivational interviewing, the 12 Steps, and The Stages of Change Model.

Clients participate in a structured schedule of group and individual therapy, psychoeducational classes, skills training, couples/family counseling, and recreational activities, such as yoga and hiking. Weekday programming begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 10 p.m. Residents are expected to help with chores, but they also have at least one hour each day of personal time — this allows for showering, doing laundry, exercising, or attending weekly movie nights.

The founder of TiM is also its clinical director. The facility also employs a certified alcohol and drug counselor with 18 years of experience in addiction counseling and a licensed professional counselor.

According to its website, TiM accommodates 10 residential clients at one time: six men and four women. Photographs show shared, gender-specific rooms with access to communal bathrooms. The facilities, which also have outdoor space, a laundry room, a kitchen, and group therapy rooms, are described as “homelike.”

The natural hot springs and mountain views that surround the facility make for a peaceful amenity and recreational activity.

One alum polled by Rehabs.com to date recommended TiM with a perfect five stars, rating it five stars in exercise options, four stars in leisure time, and three stars in holistic treatment offerings. They wrote: “There was great camaraderie between clients that was fostered and supported by staff and my family was encouraged to support me in treatment and continue to do so when I left including family sessions both at the center and after I went home.”

On Google, four reviewers rated an average TiM 3.8 out of five stars to date, with two five-star reviews, one four-star, and one one-star.[1] Positive reviews praised TiM for its affordability, home-like atmosphere, and excellent staff. The negative review criticized the accommodations and false advertising, but the facility responded that its housing met Idaho state code and it operates on a small budget “unlike expensive resort type rehabs.”

WHAT FAMILY & FRIENDS SAY

Rehabs.com has not yet received any reviews from this facility’s affiliated friends or family members, but on Google Reviews, loved one Ann gave the facility five stars and described TiM as having “amazing counselors and staff.” She further wrote: “They have helped my child and family so much… Don't expect a fancy rehab facility. They focus on helping addicts, not coddling them.”

Residential treatment at Therapy in Motion costs $4,500 for the first 30 days. There is no information on whether the facility accepts insurance of any kind.

Updated March 2017

1. https://goo.gl/SDaKS5

Published on June 2016

There was great camaraderie between clients that was fostered and supported by staff and my family was encouraged to support me in treatment and continue to do so when I left including family sessions both at the center and after I went home. This was a big help to me and my family. I learned what I needed to know to stay clean and I got lots of help learning new life skills and assistance with my legal and emotional issues. I feel that I learned alot and now have my life back to the point that I can continue in recovery and remain clean and sober indefinitely.