Townsend Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center, Metairie in Metairie, LA

(5 of 5)
4330 Loveland St Ste A
Metairie LA 70006

Townsend Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center, Metairie Philosophy

Townsend, owned and operated by Avenues Recovery Centers, has eight addiction facilities located across South Louisiana. Townsend offers a spectrum of innovative rehabilitation services based on the needs of each patient. Patients are treated with encouragement and respect by blending high quality addiction therapy with compassionate counseling in a safe recovery environment. The core philosophy at Townsend is that addiction is a chronic brain disease that can be managed or put in “remission.” Using The Townsend Way their team strives to help both patients and loved ones heal from their addictions and enjoy an improved quality of life. Once the patient’s acute medical condition has stabilized, The Townsend Way offers a unique, effective, and long-term plan to keep his or her addiction in remission.

Townsend treatment offers an intensive outpatient therapy (IOP) phase which varies in length according to the patient’s needs. After completing this IOP phase, Townsend provides former patients with continuing care via enrollment in their optional chronic disease management plan to keep their disease in remission.

• Individual Therapy
    This term describes one-on-one therapy, in which a patient and trained counselor, social worker, psychologist or psychiatrist meets privately with a patient to discuss challenges related to lifestyle, work, family and romantic relationships that may have contributed to the development of an addiction.

• Client & Family Support Groups
    Group therapy is a vital component of addiction recovery treatment, considered as important and effective (sometimes even more so) than individual therapy. Benefits include reducing isolation and loneliness and providing the opportunity to learn from others in recovery. In the addiction setting, group therapy is run by trained professionals who guide participants toward a shared goal of recovery.

Medical Director is a Psychiatrist

Weekly Family Program

Chronic Disease Management

ABOUT TOWNSEND OUTPATIENT ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER, METAIRIE

Townsend Outpatient Addiction Treatment Center, Metairie provides standard outpatient treatment and intensive outpatient programming (IOP), which is offered by about 51 percent of Louisiana centers, to adults dealing with chemical dependency and sex addiction. The center is one of the 54 (39.7 percent) of Louisiana treatment centers that provide treatment for compulsive gambling. Medical detoxification is also offered.

The facility, located in the town of Metairie seven miles outside of New Orleans, is part of the Louisiana-based Townsend healthcare network. Townsend also operates outpatient centers in Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Covington, Houma, and New Orleans.

Residential care is provided through the New Orleans location.

Townsend of Metaire begins treatment with a substance abuse assessment that is used to develop an individualized treatment plan. Townsend works to identify the cause of addiction through cognitive testing. During treatment, clients will participate in group and individual therapy and educational classes on substance abuse. Day and evening meetings are available.

The facility encourages family participation during treatment and offers a weekly family night. Medication-assisted therapy in the form of Suboxone and naltrexone may be administered to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.

Townsend of Metairie employs a team of psychiatrists, substance abuse counselors, and case managers.

Though Rehabs.com has not yet received any feedback from affilliated alumni of Metairie to date, on Google, seven reviewers gave an average rating of 4.4 out of five stars.[1] Though three individuals praised overall treatment, one individual noted the high cost of treatment. "This place will help you get on the right track to getting your life back," wrote B.H. in a representative reivew.

The sole loved one surveyed by Rehabs.com at this time of writing gave a positive review with perfect five-star ratings for Metairie’s treatment effectiveness and overall quality of staff and counseling. They commented: “The entire person was treated, body, mind, spirit.”

Townsend of Metairie is one of the 91 (66.9 percent) of Louisiana treatment centers that accept private health insurance. The center provides financial assistance to qualifying individuals. Clients are responsible for deductibles.

CONCLUSION

As of January 28, 2019, all Townsend facilities are no longer owned and operated by American Addiction Centers (AAC). They are now a part of Avenues Recovery Centers.

[1]GoogleReviews

Published on January 2018

CVD

BEWARE!! I signed up for the outpatient rehab program. After finishing my 7 week course, they suggested that I extend for another week (if my insurance approve). I have completed the course and suppose to do a follow up once a week for a year. There hasn’t been any calls to see how I am doing or to set up an appointment. I had to do a drug test twice a week that was not covered under my insurance. When I received my first EOB stating that I owed for the testing, I asked the center about this charge and they told me “ not to worry about it that it was included with my deductible”. Now I am told that it wasn’t part of my deductible and that I signed a form stating I am responsible for “outside venders”. I wasn’t given a choice to go somewhere else that was in network for this test, and now I have a $2000 bill. I already paid my deductible of $2000 for the treatment, how can I pay another $2000 for something I wasn’t aware of. I have waited over a month for “upper management” to get back to me without any response. Also, what was the purposes of these weekly testing if there wasn’t any consequences for failing it? Interestingly enough, the headquarter for this testing company is in the same town as the headquarter for Townsend. The lack of genuine care and concern from this facility is appalling since it is considered as a treatment center to help those in need. The only care and concern I have received are from my group attendees who have called to show me their support.

M C P

The entire person was treated, body, mind,spirit. Medical dr, Psychiatrist, Counciling, Education about addiction.