Tranquility Woods Addiction Treatment Center in Pasadena, MD

Call (410) 360-6600 to Contact Tranquility Woods Addiction Treatment Center

171 A Ryan Road
Pasadena MD 21122

Tranquility Woods Addiction Treatment Center Philosophy

Tranquility Woods uses a blend of the most effective and successful techniques when treating substance abuse and mental health concerns. Our program combines Holistic Medicine, Conventional/Western Medicine and the 12-step philosophies to create an individualized treatment plan for our clients. We believe drugs and alcohol are not the root or cause of addiction, that there is usually an underlying issue resulting in the desire to use. Within our program a client will receive between 5-8 hours of individual counseling a week. One on One therapy is the cornerstone of our program and we strive to provide more of this much needed individualized time then most other treatment programs. Our belief is that when this issue is not addressed it will cause success to be short-lived.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Affordable options for every client

12 Step Behavioral Addiction Recovery

Acupuncture & Massage Therapy

ABOUT TRANQUILITY WOODS

Situated on 23 acres of protected woodland 20 miles south of Baltimore, luxury rehab Tranquility Woods is a residential rehab center for adults struggling with problematic substance use and dual diagnosis. Medical detox is available on-site.

Tranquility Woods uses the 12-Steps in the context of a broad, holistic program. Clients stay at the facility for a minimum of 30 days, but 60- and 90-day stays are also available.

With a promised minimum of five hours of individual therapy each week, plus more than 35 hours of group and holistic therapies, treatment programming is extensive. Among its modalities, the facility uses evidence-based practices such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and prescribes medications, where appropriate.

The center's extensive roster of holistic therapies includes opportunities for yoga, acupuncture, massage therapy, equine therapy, meditation, infrared saunas, and spiritual counseling.

Seeing family involvement as central to clients' successful recovery, the facility offers family therapy and holds weekly family education sessions. The residential program also includes 12 months of aftercare, consisting of referrals to further treatment, peer coaching, support groups, and check-ins with the facility's staff.

Specialized programs include an executive program, a pain management course, and treatment for first responders that pays particular attention to trauma and PTSD.

The team — which offers a 3:1 client-to-clinician ratio — includes a staff psychiatrist, a physician who's board-certified in anesthesiology and pain medicine, a social worker, a licensed professional counselor, and certified addiction counselors.

Tranquility Woods is an intimate facility, hosting just 13 clients at a time, with some private bedrooms available. Photos published on the facility’s webpage show a grand building with lavish furnishings and bedrooms with four-poster beds. Amenities include a natural saltwater pool, fire pits, and a hot tub. Clients may also enjoy massages and sauna sessions, a fitness center, and yoga. Per the facility’s webpage, all clients can meet with the staff nutritionist to note their particular needs; residents also receive cooking lessons during their stay to ensure continued healthy nutrition after treatment.

Of the 19 reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date, 18 were very positive and one was negative. The single negative reviewer, J.M., expressed dissatisfaction with their difficulty reclaiming a deposit they had been told was refundable. "This is a facility that is suppose to care about people??!??!!" they wrote.

However, the positive reviews were in the vast majority. They featured recurring praise for the facility's warm, peaceful, atmosphere; level of individual counseling; food; amenities; broad, well-designed program; and staff. "The amenities are top notch, location is wonderful, the comfort is spa like," Donny E. wrote in one representative review; "The staff all care deeply about their work and patients," Robert added in another. "The multi-layered program at Tranquility Woods is why I gave it the five star rating, yet it is only a few years in the making. The people who established it wanted to offer the 'best of every known effective therapy' to everyday people," wrote Diane of the facility's broad spectrum of treatment options.

In isolated praise, T.Y.P. added: "I was blessed with a proper diagnosis of bipolar disorder II (3 previous psychiatrists had missed)."

All three of the reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date were very positive. The reviewers repeatedly described the program's efficacy: "My daughter went through the 28-day Tranquility Woods program. She had previously been to two other substance abuse centers prior and Tranquility Woods was by far the best," Kyle wrote in a representative review. And like alumni, the reviewers praised the facility's emphasis on individual counseling as well as the breadth of its program. "The program is comprehensive and addresses the needs of those in early recovery exceedingly well," J.L. wrote in a typical comment.

A 30-day stay at the luxury treatment center comes to $42,850. Tranquility Woods accepts most private insurance plans as well as self-payment, and works with a third-party medical loans company, so that uninsured and underinsured clients may take out a loan to fund their treatment.

Published on January 2018

I'm so grateful for Tranquility woods this place has saved mine and many other peoples lives. The entire staff from the TA to owners all treat you like a family best place I've ever been most of these places just bring you in and out but TW takes the time to help mend family ties and learn the underlying reasons thanks to the still reaching out to me to this day. I'd recommend it to everyone because of them I got my life back and got my family back .

I can not say enough about how great and how much love was shown by each and every employee and staff at this treatment facility. It is truely the best care anyone with an addiction problem can recieve. I thank them in my prayers to my higher power as I known him every single day.

Tranquility Woods is an excellent rehabilitation facility. The staff are all friendly and helpful, the counselors really take the time to help you work through the root cause of your issues. The food and location are both great, and I would definitely recommend that anyone who is seeking treatment give them a call.

I was very reluctant about recovery and just wanted to be well, but upon my check in I realized I wasn’t just a number or bed to fill. The staff was amazing I also got one on one counseling to help me realize what addiction was and how to further understand my addiction, my counselor was amazing had constant contact with my spouse, and really saved a lost marriage up until that point.Also helped me with a aftercare plan that keeps me sober up to this date.. can’t really say enough kudos to TW , chef and his staff was amazing. And to know that There is a better way of living is really worth more than words. Also got to build a great and lifelong friendship with others, that are not like me but in many ways are.. so I give Tw 5 stars for getting my life back on track. And not to mention the PA’s good guy also in recovery made me feel like I was wanted and needed the help to get me and my family where I’m at today.

This was a really good place, a lot different from any other. The staff really good people that actually get to know you and there’s not 30-40 clients like other rehabs which just makes the experience a lot better since the staff and everyone gets to know you more personally, overall this place really helped me

Tranquility Woods is an exceptional rehab facility that truly cares about their clients and wants to see them succeed. The staff are very friendly and the facility is beautiful. I am not sure if I was just lucky but the group of people that were also clients at the time of my stay have become close friends of mine after treatment and many, including myself, have remained sober. I know that all the counselors were generally well liked by the clients and almost everyone says that theirs was the best. But I would have to say mine was the best (thank you, Luke). He helped open my eyes to AA and I am well on my way to 90+ meetings in 90 days and having a lot of fun doing it. That is hard to believe given that a month and a half ago I was completely against the idea of going to AA for various reasons. Those reasons have since been debunked. I also want to add that the food is excellent. The chefs know their stuff and are happy to share their knowledge with you. I look forward to going back to TW for alumni events and sharing my story to the current clients they are helping. If you are on the fence about where to go, look no more. If there is availability, this is your place.

This was the absolute best treatment center for me. This was not my first. They exceeded my goals for treatment for both the addiction side, dual diagnosis, and aftercare treatment plan. I would recommend this place to everyone who is serious about recovery.The staff is completely great and give complete individual care to each person. Five stars!!!!!

I am disappointed in the facility. I came to find out that the person who is answering the phones and providing reassurance regarding medical treatment is not at all an informed medical professional!!! I believe that's some sort of medical violation if I am correct. I would not recommend. The staff as well as the owner's family members write many of the positive reviews. Very unprofessional

Thank RF for your response. Our admissions team is here to help all people who inquire about our facility within the skill set they have as administrative professionals. Our admissions team are not in the position to provide medical advice or diagnostic information and do not claim to be medical professionals. They are here to provide the best information about our program and the services that we offer in a respectful and timely manner. If you feel that they provided you with medical diagnostic or clinical services over the phone please contact us immediately at 410-360-6600. We apologize if any information that was provided to you was misconstrued. We are very grateful for anyone who leaves a review on our site even i.e., a patient, colleague, family member, or former employee. We hope that anyone who reads our reviews can see who has responded and will get a clear picture of the services we provide and the standard of care we live up to.

Just got out of Tranquility Woods 2 days ago and I have to say, if you're going to rehab, I highly recommend this place. From the staff and the program, they made the process enjoyable and productive.

I am a case manager in the DC area and have found that this program has been one of my go to facilities for patients needing help with Substance Use Disorders along with Anxiety and Depression. For patients needing smaller less intimidating programs I would strongly suggest Tranquility Woods. The amount of individual sessions patients receive from patients reports was the difference maker. Very clean program and the clinical team were very responsive to patient updates and discharge planning

This program is absolutely amazing! The individual treatment sessions made the difference with my loved one's anxiety and depression. We had been to several other programs but they only we able to see their counselor 1x a week or every other week. This program is more like being at home compared to a college dorm room or overnight summer camp experience. Home-cooked meals every day and holistic services like yoga, acupuncture, and massage were highly recommended by my loved one.

This is the worst place I have ever been. How unprofessional and disgusting. This place was like being in high school, nothing but drama, drama, and drama.

Go to Tranquility Woods at your own risk. I left there and signed documents that I owe them ZERO Dollars. My paychecks are being garnished and I'm on the brink of homelessness. Just google it.

We take all inquiries and reviews of our program very seriously. We have not taken requested and paycheck garnishments from any prior patient. We take every step necessary to consider our patients' financial situation and ability to pay all fees. Frequently, we set up installment and payment arrangements to ease the burden on patients and families to help them receive the help they need. At Tranquility Woods, we take pride in being upfront and honest about any out of pockets costs that may be incurred during our program. We follow all laws and regulations regarding insurance reimbursement and utilization. All charges or costs are the requirements required by the agreement between patient and their insurance company.

I grew up in a household that suffered from substance abuse and always told myself that I would never let myself become like that. Well, I did. The staff of this facility lifted me up in ways I couldn’t have imagined prior to coming here. I felt anew and whole again. I am a victim of multiple sexual assaults and I was raised to not wash my dirty laundry in public. I felt this was the most respectful and comfortable environment available. This place really changed my life and I could not recommend it any more. So much inspiration has filled me just from the short time He allowed me to come in contact with these genuinely kind souls.

I came here not for the luxury experience but for the treatment. The primary treatment is a 12 Step, which I'm not really interested in, but the counselors worked with me one on one with the SMART Recovery program. The staff was very caring and they really put forth effort to make sure that I was comfortable and well cared for. Since many of the staff are in recovery themselves they really understand what you're going through. I have an unusual diet and the chefs bent over backwards to make sure that my meals were things I was able to eat but were very tasty. The acupuncture was incredibly healing. I'd never had acupuncture before so I was pretty floored with how emotionally healing it was. That's something I will definitely be keeping up. I left Tranquility Woods with a game plan for sobriety and am in a much healthier place than when I walked through the doors.I still am in some disbelief at how much better I am than I was when I went in. I know I'm not ready to hit the ground running, but I can definitely take one step each day.

As a parent of a former client of Tranquility Woods, I cannot rate TW highly enough. Yes, it is a luxury environment, offering a variety of therapy activities, including working with horses, acupuncture, yoga, massage, and amenities such as pool, sauna, beautiful grounds, and excellent food. Weekly visiting Sundays for families keep residents connected to supportive loved ones and offer families education and support as well. However, the critical aspect of Tranquility Woods is its limiting the number of residents to 13 and providing daily hour-long therapy sessions for residents with the same counselor. This intensive one-on-one treatment allows counselors to know clients well in various states of mind to help them every day. In addition, the entire staff knows and cares about the residents personally and is a continuous loving presence in their recovery. I am grateful.

I came into Tranquility Woods in a serious state of Emergency in severe withdrawal from an accidental overdose and addiction, and came away with so many things I was not expecting. The Treatment here is outstanding. From the first phone call I made here, to the the Program Assistants (PA)'s, many who go way out of their way to comfort and reassure you all the way through your stay, to the chefs who cater to your likes and needs and make excellent food, to the yoga, the acupuncture and the massage. Next, I of course cannot help but mention my counselor whom I adore, and clinical therapist, who used a special technique to help relieve a trauma that had occurred with me 5 years ago and was having a hard time stopping thinking about. These two are the absolute best in their respective fields, and I might add that all of the counselors are absolutely wonderful here and deliver wonderful and inspiring group sessions, and are there for you if you ever need to talk. I also made many close friends here that I think of like family, and the experience has been unforgettable. Thank you, Tranquility Woods!

In my wildest nightmares, I never thought I'd find myself in shambles undergoing detox and praying for the Lord to rescue me by sending me to rehab. Tranquility Woods was my answer to prayer! While I contemplate (at this very moment), whether or not to use these exact words, I know there are no other words. The care given to me by the entire team was top notch. In my experience, rehab was taxing in mind, body, and spirit. With that being said, I was given the support and direction required for me to come out a stronger person in all of these aspects of my life. I still have a long way to go on this journey called recovery, but T.W. provided both my family and me with tools to call ourselves survivors of addiction to alcohol and benzos. In addition, I was blessed with a proper diagnosis of bipolar disorder II (3 previous psychiatrists had missed). I welcome the New Year with hope! Thank you T.W. family!

Tranquility Woods saved my life! I felt a sense of peace when I walked in the door as if I was right where I was supposed to be. My family and I were put at ease and all of our questions and concerns were addressed immediately. The staff became like family and the treatment I received help me become the best version of myself. I came in broken and afraid and came out strong and confident. I can't believe how much I have changed and how grateful I am to have another chance at living this life. Words can never express how truly thankful I am for Tranquility Woods and everything it has to offer.

No question this is a beautiful place. The amenities are top notch, location is wonderful, the comfort is spa like. But, the true value in this place is the staff. From the cleaning crew to the counselors, they are there to help and support. Most are in recovery so they know what it's like. The one on one treatment was paramount in turning my life around. I had the chance to work with two different counselors over my two month stay and I can't be more grateful. They gave me exactly what I needed as I progressed into recovery. Tough when they need to be, supportive and loving the entire time. You can pay for pampering anywhere, but a facility that chooses is staff as well as this place cannot be overlooked. I owe my life to this place!

TW surpassed my expectations. The staff all care deeply about their work and patients. The mix of individual and group sessions along with daily 12 step meetings brought me to a new understanding and renewed hope for my life. TW's addresses the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of its clients. The faciltiy itself is first class. My only complaint was the food. There was too much of it and it was way too delicious! Each of their counselors were excellent--personable, professional, and dedicated to their calling. Checking in there was one of the best decisions I've ever made for myself.

Tranquility Woods was my second attempt to rid myself of an addiction to opiates. I firmly believe that had I had the opportunity to go here first, I wouldn't have relapsed and in need of another rehab. This is the longest I have been without opiates in 10 years! The staff, the program along with chef prepared meals and the estate house it operates out of is 5 stars all the way! I wish they offered a refresher course or a retreat because I would seriously consider attending. Not because I started using again, but because their program is that good! The staff to client ratio is perfect with a maximum of 13 residents at a time. I hope they don't grow too fast. I think it is the east coast's best kept secret in luxury rehabs.

I put a deposit down in the amount of $5000 was told it was refundable. They did not hold a room money was there to hold a room if needed did not need the room. Refused to return my deposit. I Did not sign anything. After many phone calls and tears the "owner" would only return 1/2 of my money. This is a facility that is suppose to care about people??!??!!

I've been to 3 treatment facilities and Tranquility Woods was the best by far. I give it 5 stars

What an unbelievable Program. I got more out of the Tranquility Woods 28 day stay than I did I did at my 3-month stay at another faciltiy. Everything they offer is above and beyond. Great Staff!

My daughter went through the 28-day Tranquility Woods program. She had previously been to two other substance abuse centers prior and Tranquility Woods was by far the best. From the gorgeous mansion to the 4-6 hours of one on one therapy. This places offers it all and then some. I would like to thank all the staff at Tranquility Woods for helping turn my daughter's life around.

If I had come to Tranquility Woods my first time around with alcohol abuse, I would have been on the right road to recovery. Tranquility Woods treats your entire body.. Mental, Physical, Spiritual.

Tranquility Woods was a wonderful treatment experience for my son. The program is comprehensive and addresses the needs of those in early recovery exceedingly well. He had the opportunity to focus on holistic wellness as the groundwork for the difficult task of embracing the hope of recovery and the challenges that arise in the process. The staff was competent and compassionate. I am very grateful that he was able to have this experience and continue to be hopeful about his future. Thanks to all!

I am a young Baby Boomer and had been a problem drinker all of my adult life, a functioning alcoholic for a decade, and a full blown drunk for a year. I also have a long history of consistent physical and emotional truama resulting in severe PTSD. The multi-layered program at Tranquility Woods is why I gave it the five star rating, yet it is only a few years in the making. The people who established it wanted to offer the "best of every known effective therapy" to everyday people. They carefully developed this recovery program based on thorough research of what works. Instead of the pick and choose menu so many facilities I contacted offered. Treatment included 4-5 times a week of one on one counseling. Many more hours daily of diverse group sessions also gave a strong foundation of counseling treatment. The holistic program was given in many forms as is promised and was extremely effective in aiding my recovery. The dedication of the staff was beyond my expectations. This is a facility where the bar is placed high. The recovery process has depth and is focused on each individual. Therefore, it attracts and keeps quality people who are like minded. Upon my arrival I was desparate, totally broken, and determined to get everything I could out of my 28 days of recovery. The response of the staff was one of going above and beyond as if they were treating a family member. I was respected, treated with dignity, felt valued and cared for. I mattered to them and it enabled me to be vulnerable, emotional, honest, and partake of their well balanced programs. Bottom line is it works if you let it. It is the all inclusive recovery program that serves you many proven methods of therapies so that there is every chance of hitting your mark. I am continuing to amaze my husband, children and grandchildren with the changes. Not only am I steady on my path of being clean and sober, but my ttreatment program at Tranquility Woods gave me a huge beginning to my steady progress of effective mental health therapy. Thanks to all at Tranquility Woods for really caring and really delivering my life changing 28 days!

Amazing treatment center with unbelievable staff- Caring, compassionate, warm, and supportive. Every person genuinely wants you to succeed & it's clear they have thought out every angle of the program to ensure clients get the most possible while there. Highly recommend Tranquility Woods!!

Everything was of the highest strength. No weaknesses. I wish there was a place for more than 5 stars. I felt so safe, secure and well cared for. The therapists were great as were the yoga instructor, the masseuse, the acupuncturist, the chefs. I could go on and on.

I found Tranquility Woods to be the premier one stop shop for mental health and addictions counseling. I got more out of being here for 28 days than any other counseling could have done in 28 years. The property and amenities are second to none, and Chef's culinary skills are amazing. This is definitely the place to go if you are serious about getting clean and sober.

I really couldn't have wished for a better Recovery experience! I am so blessed to have had Tranquility Woods to begin my new life. I have nothing negative to say about this beautiful, comfortable healing environment. Between the amazing staff, delicious meals and the holistic approach to recovery- the sauna, pool and jacuzzi hot tub,massage, acupuncture, yoga and equestrian therapy honestly theres no better place to get clean and healthy. I've really adopted the clients and staff as my recovery family, it will be very bittersweet to move on and leave all the amazing people I've met. I really have gained so many tools to face life on lifes terms and get back into healthy living and a new lifestyle. Meeting with my individual counselor every day for an hour was very unique to other treatment centers. The photos just don't do this home justice. It really isn't a facility, its a recovery home. I can't thank everyone here enough for everything i've learned and how much progress I've made and how much healthier i feel; physically, mentally and spiritually! If you're looking for a comfortable, healing environment to start your new way of life, don't hesitate to join the Tranquility Woods family!

Tranquility Woods was wonderful. My stay here flew by the love and support was life changing. Tranquility gives you the ability to be in a group of people that not only care about you but also understand what you are going through. The small group aspect gives you a lot of one on one time with not only councilers but also residents and staff. The Tranquility home was beautiful and had a family feel to it. My stay here was life changing I did not think it was possible to have the amount of fun that i had in recovery. I not only got my sense of humor back but also my smile.

Tranquility Woods has saved my life, and helped me to become a happier and sober person. Not only is the facility beautiful and comfortable, it also provides a huge amount of one on one counseling and some great therapies (i.e. acupuncture, massage, equine). The staff is knowledgeable and kind. The program is phenomenal, I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a dual diagnosis program.

Its got to be the best program in the country. The one on one therapy, both addiction and mental health, was life changing and life saving. My relative has been through several prior programs, this was by far was the most therapeutic and transforming. Thank you Tranquility Woods!

I had a wonderful experience. I was lucky enough to be, literally, the second patient, the first one came in a few hours before me. We were a small and close knit group, and the warm and loving family atmosphere was facilitated and enhanced by the staff and the surroundings. TW is a safe place to be heard, get help, and heal. The caring and warmth was apparent from my first contact, with one of the staff members, and continued through my stay. I was very fortunate to have found TW and I'll never forget it!

I have been to five other residential facilities and Tranquility Woods is BY FAR the most effective program I have been to. From top to bottom this program blows them all away, No other program was able to touch my PTSD. This place saved my life!

Staff was a strength. Checking bags could've been better. Great