Transformations by the Gulf

7217 Gulf Boulevard Suite 2, St. Pete Beach, Florida, 33706

4.4

About Transformations by the Gulf

The treatment model at Transformations by the Gulf provides Individualized, gender-specific support for rehabilitation and achieving wellness. The program uses evidence-based therapies, emphasizes 12-step core values (self-respect, compassion, spirituality, self-accountability, honesty, transparency, open-mindedness and willingness to change) and offers a wide range of holistic treatment options, including nutrition counseling, acupuncture, yoga, personal fitness training, light and sound neurotherapy, and Tai Chi.

12-Step

The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

• Newly Renovated Residence Homes
  • Licensed Counselors On Staff
  • Fitness Instructor On-Site

4.5/5

• GW
    Thank you TBTG...Doing really well
  • Mike
    Transformations has helped me to become successful in life. I have made lasting friendship with people from all over the world. The groups helped me gain tools to better control my anxiety with medication. Developed coping skills through treatment
  • J
    I called Transformations when my wife was in crisis, and in need of detox and treatment, when I did not know where to even start. Sandi answered my phone call, and guided me through helping her physically and helping me to persuade her to get professional help. My wife was scared of what kind of facility she would end up in, and it was not easy. Sandi kept calling me to check up on our situation while making all of the arrangements for her detox at a magnificent resort-like detox facility. When we arrived all of the arrangements had been made and we were greeted by wonderful and friendly staff. She was transported to Transformations by the Gulf for rehab, where she was amazed by the luxurious facility and comprehensive treatments (not to mention great cuisine). My wife is now sober and has a completely new perspective on life, and she is happier and more full-of-life than I think I have ever known her to be. She has a genuine relationship with the staff there even now. I want to thank Sandi for helping us save her life, and for the rest of the staff that took a personal interest in her recovery. I can’t imagine a better place to go when you or someone you love is in need of addiction rehabilitation.
  • Shannon
    I will be eternally grateful to the amazing staff at Transformations By The Gulf for saving my life. Although my time in inpatient treatment was shorter than most, it was highly intensive and nothing short of extraordinary; they truly saved my life. The staff are extremely professional, intelligent and most of all, caring and understanding. The house turned out to be a gorgeously decorated 3 story mansion with all the amenities of a 4-star hotel including a beautiful pool and gardens. The treatment staff is excellent, highly trained and empathetic. It really helped to learn the how and why’s of addiction along with all the coping and sobriety tools. The small group size allowed for great peer interaction and all of the other residents were kind and friendly. This is a wonderful facility with knowledgeable staff. I want to thank all of you for all of your hard work, attention to detail, and being genuinely caring towards my recovery. I think it’s safe for me to say that this is likely one of the most first-rate, professional, compassionate and comfortable treatment facilities in the entire state of Florida. Many thanks, Shannon
  • SP
    My fiance attended the place for one week. I was the point of contact and emergency contact for him. The staff was incredibly unprofessional and spouted the f word in every phone call. They called him names both to myself on the phone and to his face. The website promises prepared, nutritious meals, but he often ate pizza and other takeout meals. The facility questioned me about whether we were having problems with our relationship as a result of his using and considered not allowing me to visit him. We both think it's common knowledge that addiction and alcoholism impact relationships and at the time they questioned me, I had already been in Al-Anon for over a year. Luckily he was able to leave and transfer to another facility after one week and is going strong in AA now. I would also like to add that at one of the men's groups, the "gentleman" leading the group (who did not have any credentials) proceeded to tell my fiance that women should be subservient and that the opinion of a woman should always be ignored. He was pretty disturbed and shocked by that. I'm very proud of my fiance for thriving in recovery, but he doesn't owe one bit of his sobriety to Transformations by the Gulf.
  • C.W.
    Transformations changed my life. I was completely hopeless and lost upon checking into this facility. The counselors and staff were extremely caring and welcomed me with open arms. During my stay, I received a solid recovery foundation and the tools to live a sober and full life. I am extremely thankful and would recommend the facility to anyone in need of recovery.
  • JDR
    I am alive today because TBTG gave me a chance.
  • David
    Transformations by the Gulf has nice facilities and is in a great location. Unfortunately, my wife came out of Transformations believing, even more so than before, that she was and still is a victim and that her problem is everybody else's fault. She hasn't even come close to the Make Amends step in AA either. She is more screwed up now than ever. While in rehab she called me and said she's leaving me (her husband) and even offered to let our children live with me. I am not sure if she is still sober since she left but my children and I are already seeing the signs that she exhibited before when abusing alcohol. Apparently she is not ready to face reality or truth - money entirely wasted.
  • BH
    Transformation by the Gulf welcomed me with open arms. The counselors and staff provided me with tools to make leaps in my recovery. 5 Star all aroud
  • Mike
    I would highly recommend this place to anyone that needs help! I've been to numerous rehab and by far this was the right place for me... all staff were great especially Tammy the owner she will so anythi g for you she has a heart of gold!! Out of a 10 I would truly five this place a 10!!
  • MW
    Transformations is amazing, from the counseling, to the alternatuve therapies like Thai Chi and acupuncture to living arrangements to the food. I had a true awakening here.
  • Jeannette
    Transformations has given me the resources to help my addiction to alcohol through Group therapy, Holistic therapy, and one on one counciling. The staff is outstanding and by staff I am referring to Sandy the owner our driver Al, all the councilors and our fantastic house mother Karen I can not say enough about each and everyone of them! I had attended another rehab and I did not get well and sober from there but Transitions gave me the tools succeed and I have remained sober!
  • CL
    I was in transformations .it was the by far the best treatment rehab I've ever gone too .they not only teach you how to stay clean ,they teach you how to deal with real life stuff on the outside. Not only is the staff awesome the owner is always there also and is involved with her clients. The house women reside in is breath taking. It's a mansion so yeah that wasn't to shabby .very very clean facility. Art theraphy was fun .but the best is all the fitness instructor not only helps you with working out also helps you feel better about yourself. DEF A 10 .I'M home clean and sober. Loved this place
  • kd
    i enetered into treatment 6 years ago and it changed my life. am still involved in the aa program and am able to go back to transformations for counseling sessions anytime i feel the need. great staff great accomodations
  • Ryan
    I can't speak highly enough about Transformations By The Gulf. From the second I stepped foot on the property I was welcomed with open arms and felt the love that each and every staff member has for all clients. I have been struggling with opiate addiction for many years and could never find a way to get clean. After spending almost 3 months at transformations I can now say that they without a doubt saved my life. I have been given a new opportunity at life and hope that anyone who is struggling will find the courage to seek help. Clearly my recommendation for treatment is Transformations. I will always hold a special place in my heart for the staff and faculty.
  • T.S.S.
    My son has been fighting demons every since he returned from the war in Iraq.in and out of rehabs and many hours of counseling.he agreed to go to Florida and goto Transformations by the gulf, he went through the program for 6 weeks, and told me on a daily basis that he enjoying the staff and classes and was taking in what was being taught.that was over 8 months ago and he is doing great with no desire for a relapse.I want to thank ALL of transformations staff for helping (SAVING) my son.
  • JO
    Transformations by the gulf has helped me immensely. I had been to another center previously and I was still missing something. Transformations had that something. I was missing the spiritual piece. I have been able to have more inner piece here through Yoga, Acupuncture, meditation, Tai Chi, individual therapy, group therapy and much more. The women's house is amazing!!!! The counselors and the entire staff are very experienced and companionate. The house mom is genuinely caring. The staff I spoke to at transformation and I knew from the very beginning that this was the right place for me. The staff have continued to make me feel comfortable the entire time I have been here. This place is amazing!!!!!!
  • jjp
    Wonderful, caring staff. One of the only places where you will find respect and peace, together with holistic treatment. If you think you need help, this is the place, hands down.
  • NA
    Would highly recommend Transformations by the Gulf for anyone struggling with addiction. Very nice facilities, friendly staff and quality program!
  • NG
    My son came to Transformations and they welcomed him and made him feel comfortable with treatment. The program is structured and has a very caring staff. One of the staff members in particular literally saved my son as he was on a drinking binge and she did not give up on getting him into detox and eventually treatment. I would highly recommend Transformations to anyone who HSS a loved one struggling from addiction.
  • Dm
    I did treatment there and it was amazing the staff really cares about you I have been clean two years now . If u want help this is the place to go
  • Brian
    I had tried to quit drinking on my own, many times. I finally had a come to Jesus moment, AGAIN, did my homework on many facilities in Florida and greatful Transformations by the Gulf welcomed me with open arms and open honesty towards myself and my steps to get clean! If you are not sure of getting clean, be honest and go in with an open mind and put your own ego in your back pocket! I had listened to many family and friends in regards to quitting while I was destroying my life! Transformations by the Gulf showed me, with my participation, there is a way to live life sober! I'm close to three years now as I wrote this and will never forget the place that gave me my life back! Thank you!
  • Lynette
    The counselors, environment, "feeling safe", had and immediate impact, on my recovery. No one wants to "really" be in treatment,..but most of us,.."well,.I know I did",..wanted help!! Wanted life back,..and I got it back. It's been several months now,..and I still feel like I have been given a new life, another"chance",..Although, I am home,..I know that I am a phone call away from their support,...and to let them know too,..I am doing well!
  • Chris
    The time that I spent at this rehab center has been very beneficial to my recovery from substance abuse issues. The center provides a variety of therapies designed to give a well rounded approach to deal with individual issues. The staff is friendly and helpful. The accommodations are beautiful and comfortable. Nutrition instructions are held weekly. I highly recommend Transformations by the Gulf to anyone trying to overcome substance abuse problems and wants to start a new life.
  • kt
    I am so happy I went to Transformations. Been struggling for years and they have turned my life around. Still sober and doing great! New life!! Thanks to the staff which are all amazing!
  • BN
    good location they pretend to be a treatment program but they are really more like a YMCA This was a TOTAL waste of time and a lot of money - a disorganized and useless sham "program" that is really just some old hippie teaching a few classes. It's run by a bunch of old nagging ladies with way too much time on their hands who like to order you around, make up rules and try get you kicked out if you don't kiss up to them. I can't believe they actually have a license. Stay away!
  • UB
    Friendly staff A downfall was that it was disorganized and not well monitored
  • KR
    Very structured program with a. Conformable home setting.the staff and the counselors are great! I would highly recommend this treatment center.
  • Mitzi
    Beautiful home, structured daily counseling with weekends off. More freedom than 24/7 rehab facility. Limited to approximately 13 women residents at a time. All addictions, mental illnesses lumped together. Detox suggested but not required even with heroin addicts. Some residents allowed to live there indefinitely. The number of residents being limited it could be an extremely positive experience. The possibility of one or more of those residents exhibiting extreme antisocial behavior without consequences, not so much.