Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center in Delray Beach, FL

Call (561) 501-3862 to Contact Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center

14000 South Military Trail
Delray Beach FL 33484

Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center Philosophy

Transformations Treatment Center offers men and women a safe and comfortable home-like environment for alcohol and drug addiction treatment. All programs at Transformations Treatment Center are client-focused and dedicated to helping individuals build a solid foundation for lifelong sobriety. The comprehensive, compassionate and unique treatment helps build a foundation for a healthy recovery and sober future. All programs have a low ratio of clients to staff from licensed mental health counselors to master-level therapists.

• 12-Step
    The term “12 Step Program” describes a way to recover from addiction that is based on the model developed by Alcoholics Anonymous. Many drug and alcohol treatment centers base their treatment on 12 steps – the first three of which are situational, the next four addressing the practical issues created by the addiction, followed by two steps focused on making amends for hurting others. Steps 10 and 11 involve a deeper examination of the previous steps and the final step is focused on helping others avoid and recover from addiction.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Your own Private Room and Bath

Very low Client to Therapist Ratio

Traditional 12-Step and Christian “Faith Based” Treatment programs

Geoff Spillias

Executive Vice President of Operations

Geoff earned two bachelor’s degrees in Psychology and Interpersonal Communications from the University of Central Florida. He began working at Transformations in 2009, bringing extensive business experience from previous positions he held. As Chief Executive Manager, he oversees all company operations and decisions.

Dr. Maureen Esposito

Executive Vice President of Clinical Services

Dr. Esposito received both an MS in Counseling Psychology and PhD in Family and Marriage Counseling from Nova Southeastern University. She trained at the Hanley Hazelden facility. She is a Certified Addictions Professional, Licensed Mental Health Counselor and a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.

Before joining Transformations, Dr. Esposito had a private practice, taught college counseling courses and spent 10 years as the clinical director at Alternatives in Treatment in Boca Raton, Florida.

ABOUT TRANSFORMATIONS DRUG & ALCOHOL TREATMENT CENTER IN DELRAY BEACH, FL

Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center, located in Delray Beach, Fla., offers residential and outpatient treatment to adults struggling with drug and alcohol abuse. The facility treats clients with dual diagnoses and is also able to help individuals who are dealing with gambling and sex addiction, trauma, depression, grief, loss and anger management issues. Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center has specialized programs for clients under 30, over 30, first responders, and veterans.

To be admitted, clients begin by calling Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center to learn about the program and have insurance benefits verified. The admissions counselor then arranges an in-person screening appointment. Most clients remain in treatment for 30 to 90 days. The intensive outpatient program at Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center meets three times per week for three hours, and the outpatient program meets one time per week for one hour.

The facility’s treatment program focuses on the 12-Step method and the Christian faith. Throughout treatment, clients receive individualized therapy, group sessions, eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR), and Christian programming. Holistic health professionals at the facility produce all-natural supplements to reduce the use of prescription medications. Families are included in the treatment program through a monthly family weekend offering therapy and education for family members and friends of clients.

Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center offers unique experiential therapies including music therapy, adventure therapy, a serenity lounge, and recreational therapy. The facility has an alumni department which organizes a weekly support meeting, social activities, and can coordinate transitional housing if necessary.

The treatment team at Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center includes licensed mental health counselors, certified addiction professionals and masters-level therapists.

Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center offers 36 private apartments for clients in Delray Beach, which is situated on the Atlantic Ocean. Each condo includes a private bedroom and bathroom, washer and dryer, an updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, and a flat-screen TV. The garden-style complex has an in-ground pool and a pond. Clients are able to make free nationwide calls from the facility. Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center also has a computer lab, community kitchen, picnic area, basketball courts, and a sun deck.

At time of writing, ten of the eleven alumni polled by Rehabs.com were positive in reviews regarding Tranformations. The anonymous clients gave the facility an average of 4.3 stars for family participation, and 4.3 stars for counseling options, 4.4 out of five stars for staff's level of training and experience, and 5 stars for cleanliness.One alum added additional commentary, saying, “If it wasn't for my family sending me to transformations I don't believe I would have gotten the help I needed anywhere else. They truly care to this day I still hear from them. They call me back once a month to see how I am.”

Most reviewers did not mention weaknesses, but those that did said that they felt some material was repetitive, there were not yoga or meditation offerings, and there was too much down time.

At time of writing, the nine friends and family members polled by Rehabs.com gave mixed but generally positive feedback. The anonymous loved ones gave the facility an average of 3.5 out of five stars for counseling options 4 stars for staff's level of training and experience, 4.3 stars for cleanliness, and 4.3 stars for family participation. When asked to comment on facility strengths, loved ones mentioned strong staff communication with family members, individualized treatment, a good location, and tight security. One parent of a client added additional commentary, saying, “Without Transformations my son would not be alive. Although he relapsed several times he is now sober . It was Transformations that made the major impact toward his sobriety.”

When asked to comment on facility weaknesses, the reviewers said they felt the facility was expensive, that programs that were not supposed to be faith-based included Christian teaching.

At time of writing, the four former staff members polled by Rehabs.com gave polarized reviews, with two staff members giving the facility excellent ratings and two giving the facility poor ratings. Two of the four staff members said they would recommend the facility to a friend or loved one considering rehab. Three of the four staff members said leadership of the facility is willing to put clients' interests first. Two reviewers said they felt facility leadership is able to inspire loyalty and a sense of community among patients.

When asked about the strengths of the facility, staff members said that there are a variety of treatment services offered, therapists really care, and the facility has great discharge and aftercare planning. One staff member wrote, “Facility cleanliness is impeccable. Client to Therapist ratio is small. Clients have many opportunities to customize their treatment plan to fit what they want.”

When asked about the weaknesses of Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center they said the decision making is inconsistent at the clinical level, management is interested primarily in money, and that the facility is new and less experienced than other facilities with greater longevity.

The cost of treatment at the facility is not provided by Transformations Drug & Alcohol Treatment Center. The facility accepts insurance, but is considered an out of network provider for all insurance plans. The facility offers a financing services for clients who are paying out-of-pocket.

Published on November 2017

Transformations saved my life. I recommend this facility to everyone. Best treatment center I've ever had the opportunity to be a patient at. the staff are amazing and everyone genuinely cares about you and your well being. Extremely well taken care of being there

Transformations was the best desicion I have ever made in my life and I have made nothing but bad choices. Transformations literally transformed my life. In am so blessed to have found this place. The staff at the clinical building are outstanding and genuinely care, as do the techs that are around 24/7. Then whennyou leave they don't just forget about you they check on you often and make sure you are doing well and see if there is anything they cam do for you. That is the alumni department. Even though I have finished with them they are still there for me if anything ever happens. I love this place and would highly recommend this to any addict in need. Or eeven if you don't realize or think your a addict or whatever give Transformations a shot. They will change your life.

This place changed my life. I now have 18 months clean and sober and would recommend this place to everyone.

This facility has helped me to Cope Manage and deal with daily struggles with Drugs/Alcoholism. I wouldn't of made it this far without the help of Transformations and the Staff!

Not sure where to start. Do you really want me to say what I feel about this place.

My daughter received really great care during the 4 months she was in therapy at Transformations (spring of 2017). The therapists were insightful and responsive, and the staff really cared about her. The inpatient and PHP programs are excellent. She is young, and we were concerned about security, but it is a very secure environment. The clients get to do some fun things on the weekends, which is helpful. Transformations is supportive but helps the clients gain independent living skills.

Individual rooms for each person Plenty of space Effective treatment programs Too much down time was a downfall Definitely work with the aftercare planners on sober living. It can save your sobriety and your life

The worst They only care about money. They are a factory of kids facing jail. Don't go here

My adult child is there now. I can't seem to get any answers for patient responsibility for cost after 70% coverage insurance. I want my child's addiction under control, but I can't afford $10,000 or $15,000 a month to pay. I read pretty good reviews, but the bad ones are always about the price....

I am writing this review from my perspective as a mother who sent her child Transformations. I know a lot of parents are out here searching desperately for a good treatment center and rely heavily on these reviews. I sent my 24 year old daughter here back in May 2016, she is still there today, almost five months later. My first phone call to Transformations was answered by a young man. He was calm, willing to listen to all of my concerns and was honest in all of his answers. He was never judgmental of anything I shared with him, nor did he paint a rosy picture or give false hope. We both knew it depended on her. I was at my wit's end when I finally called him to give him my daughter's flight number. In total frustration I told him that I was making her pack the maximum number of bags that the airline would allow, I couldn't stand living with her anymore and she was not going to be allowed to return home. I told him "you can have her!" Without hesitation and in an very matter of fact manner he said, "that's the best thing I've heard all day, ma'am." He saw right through our situation and knew that I needed to let her go and allow her to figure this out for herself. My daughter chose to be on the Christian track while in in-patient, she thrived in that program. Her one-on-one counselor was this one woman and she loved her! She kept in touch when needed but did not over-indulge my "need to know" about everything little thing she was doing. Looking back I can see that she was helping my daughter to set boundaries with me (I admit to being co-dependent and am still a work in progress. God bless all the counselors for dealing with us mothers!). It was frustrating at first but we are both reaping the rewards of it now. My daughter thought that the living arrangements were nice at in-patient, she shared a small apartment with other female clients and was responsible for maintaining the home, grocery shopping and meal planning. This was excellent practice for when she left in-patient treatment. The weekdays were spent at the treatment center (a separate building at a totally different address). The clients are taken to the center for morning meetings, taken back to their apartment where she'd prepare herself lunch and then taken back to the center for afternoon sessions. Every weekend was spent doing planned activities, which she seemed to enjoy. Her only real complaint during the in-patient phase was that there were a lot of clients and it could sometimes feel chaotic and noisy. She tends to like quiet and spending time alone so this may not be a problem for all. She hung in there though, knowing that it was short term. When her time in in-patient was ending they took her on tours of different sober living homes she could live in to continue her treatment at Transformations (see their websites for the different phases of treatment, so far it's spot-on with our experience). She chose a home that is run by a man, this man is an angel walking among us. He is patient, kind, has high expectations of the girls in the house and is not afraid of handing out consequences when needed. My daughter is growing and learning everyday under the care of the Transformations out-patient program, their counseling team, and the manager. She is taking minimal medication and has learned how to calm herself and go to sleep naturally. This may not seem like a big deal but trust me when I say that this is a HUGE deal. The doctor there really cares about her well-being and is not at all interested in over-medicating her, in fact, she's down to taking minimal prescription medications. I feel sad to see the negative reviews and am so sorry that their experience isn't at all what ours has been. Transformations has been a huge blessing to my daughter, not without its hiccups, but I guess that's with anyplace you go. After almost ten years in addiction my daughter is finally beginning to realize that a sober life can actually be fun. I would highly recommend this treatment center to anybody.

Transformations is a top notch program. I work in the addiction field in south florida and can verify everything they claim to offer. They go above and beyond for their clients. They make sure that everything they do is ethical and in the best interest of the client. Their accommodations are unbelievable, their housing is nicer than my apartment lol. They have a very small client to therapist ratio, i believe about 1 therapist to every 8 clients. They just built a recording studio their also and allow their musically inclined clients have an artistic outlet when groups aren't going on. I could write all day about the unbelievable services. From what I have seen, the only people that have bad things to say are the ones that do not want to fully accept the program.

TTC changed my life! Never have I ever regretted taking that fearful leap of faith into the hands and care of the staff at Transformations. I recommend to anyone considering drug or alcohol rehab to just Do It!! Make the call, leave your phone number, answer the call back. Just don't look back and you will be lead in the right direction at Transformations. It's an experience that lasts a lifetime if you take advantage of it.

son said they were very compashionet and loved his therapist who would call on him if needed.

Accommodations, location, program, counsellors were good but poor website, at times too welcoming. I enjoyed meeting other clients as well as working with the various counsellors and technicians. The living arrangements were very comfortable and the environment was beautiful.

If it wasn't for my family sending me to transformations I don't believe I would have gotten the help I needed anywhere else. They truly care to this day I still hear from them. They call me back once a month to see how I am. I'm proud to saw with their help I am 1 year 4 months sober.

Beautiful sunny Florida and a great program. Go during winter months

Nice location but Poor success rate. This was for a family friend. He enjoyed his time there but the treatment was not successful

Individualized approach. Christian teachings bleed into programs that aren't supposed to be faith based. Time will tell whether it really helped my loved one.

Transformations is the place that I can proudly say saved my life. The knowledge of the staff and the togeatherness of the community was top notch. I developed a knowledge of how dangerous and life threatening addiction in any form is. Youre surrounded with staff that has been in recovery for years, and knows the difficulty in recovery. I would absolutly recommend transformations treatment center, to anyone suffering from addiction. They are life savers.

I chose to go to rehab for alcohol… I will never go to a treatment center again because of this place. This place treats you like you have been incarcerated and you’ve done something wrong, when you’re trying to do the right thing. They lie and they are manipulative. If you’re court ordered or sent there by the VA or mommy / daddy insurance company this place is great. But for a successful person seeking treatment this is not for you… stay away.

Severly misinformed me just to get me there...With the exception of a few techs, 1 physicians assistant and one M.D., staff had zero compassion and most were very unprofessional. Lastly, almost all patients were teenagers or in their early 20's. Way too much playing around in and out of classes.

My girlfriend is attending there and from what I have heard this place is a joke. Also if you plan to not attend meetings and not be caught this is the perfect place for you as once the my have your money they don't care. So again if your looking for more of a vacation then treatment this is the place.

This place changed my life... Taught me how to live again... I was homeless and prostituting for drugs... Until I was sick n tired- until I was blessed with the gift of desperation... This place helped me love me again... There are people who really care.

Without Transformations my son would not be alive. Although he relapsed several times, he is now sober . It was Transformations that made the major impact toward his sobriety. This was the only rehab my son didn't use in or in other words there were no drugs inside the facility. Good security! I received a grant for him from Transformations to help with the cost of the program. It was still so expensive after the help I received. Rehab is too expensive. Not just transformations but all of them.

I searched high and low for a good facility that addresses dual diagnosis for my daughter, and had continued care at sober living facility after inpatient stay. This is by far the best place I've come across and one that she actually connected with and was happy there. They address all issues and provide a flexible therapy program which includes holistic, faith-based, and 12-step. She said she never felt better.

They don't want to help and are just very unprofessional. They are not good at all.

This place was Amazing! I have been to a few centers before, but none of them could compare to the living accomodations and the unbeliveable clinical staff. Something clicked when i was there and i have been clean for 3 years!!!

It is a well maintained and secure program. The housing is far better than anything I've heard of when researching my options and you have run of the grounds. As expected, the internet is located in the clubhouse, but each room has a computer for journal keeping and basic games. I've been sober for two and a half years after being a black out alcoholic for 5 years prior. If I were to relapse, Transformations would be the first facility I would call because the program and care is far better than anything I could have expected. Housing is in a former apartment complex and each room is two bedrooms. Each client has their own private bedroom. Each client is given a $75.00 Publix gift card each week and you do your own shopping for food and prepare your own meals in your apartment. There are 3 options each evening for meetings that you travel to via van; N/A, A/A, and Faith based. The staff seems very genuine. No meditation or Yoga programs when I was a client.

Helped me get clean.

They have a wonderful staff, I just would like to see a program of skill learning classes to fill in between time one in a halfway house. I think my son needed to stay longer, like a year with more skill training.

Facility cleanliness is impeccable. Client to Therapist ratio is small. Clients have many opportunities to customize their treatment plan to fit what they want. Everyone wants what is best for the client's recovery

Great therapists who care about the patients. Management is horrible and only cares about the dollar.

Due to a service connected injury I had been to many previous rehabs acroos the nation. Upon removing a injury eye which caused years of pain and relaspe, I got freedom and learned how to live upon leaving this facility.

Excellent treatment provided by supportive and genuinely caring staff and therapists in a safe and engaging environment.

Please ask questions and request in writing any issues you deem important on making your decision to attend this facility. Be aware there is no separation of age during transportation, our activities. You will be around the "young and restless" . Groups are seldom separated by age, and distractions abound. Phone restrictions are everyday, contrary what one may be told. Extraneous billing practices of lab testing. Inconsistent decision making as clinical level

After 3 other treatment centers I can honestly say Transformations is the best I have seen. Their after care is top notch!

I relapsed for a few days, returned to aa and picked up a white chip. They have alumni meetings and I continued counseling with my individual therapist

Admissions was very caring. This place is completely professional.

Transformations saved my life. I was struggling to find meaning in life but with help and motivation of my parents I decided to to finally given in and willingly go to treatment. I'm so glad I had the right support system and I can now say that I'm 2 years sober.

Recovery Boot Camp for Men
  • Treatment for drug and alcohol addiction, and co-occurring disorders
  • Rigorous coursework and life skills training
  • Group and individual counseling sessions
Above All Recovery Center