Tribe Integrative Recovery in Camarillo, CA

1317 Del Norte Road, Suite 200
Camarillo CA 93010

Tribe Integrative Recovery Philosophy

At TRIBE we believe a paradigm shift must happen in the field of addiction,
so we work collaboratively with other programs, professionals, and the surrounding community
to shatter the stigma and erase the shame of addiction and co-occurring mental illness.
We accomplish this through community outreach, education, and visibility.

At TRIBE we believe in second chances and we practice patience.
We understand that addiction is a chronic re-occurring condition
which can be prevented and treated but not cured.
Therefore, we do not expect perfection. What we do expect is rigorous honesty.

At TRIBE we believe in abstinence and we monitor abstinence through
random urinalysis, breathalyzers, toxicology screenings, and frequent house drug searches.
But we also believe in harm reduction and we will meet every person
at their individual level of acceptance, commitment and stage of change.

At TRIBE we believe that recovery is a VERB and
continued sobriety requires commitment followed by ACTION!
Residents must work towards their individual vocational, educational and therapeutic goals.

At TRIBE we believe that “one size does not fit all” and many choices for recovery exist.
Although we strongly suggest involvement in a 12 step program,
we also offer an introduction and exposure to alternative recovery paths:
SMART Recovery; Celebrate Recovery; Dharma Punx-Refuge Recovery; LifeRing; Rational Recovery, etc.

At TRIBE everyone works a “program” and we help find the support group and
recovery program that is the best fit for each individual.

At TRIBE we believe no one can do this alone and everyone needs a strong circle of support.
So we encourage friends and families to become involved by
visiting, volunteering, and attending our special events.

At TRIBE we believe all work and no play is boring, and boredom is a precursor to a relapse.
So we plan tons of sober activities and fun adventures.
We work hard and we play hard…together!

At TRIBE we believe in listening to our “customers” so we established a
Resident Governing Council, Community Relations Committee, and Family Advisory Board.
Suggestions are heard and the program is improved because we value your feedback.

• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
    EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.

Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

Substance Use and Co-Occurring Mental Health Disorders

Age-Specific programming: Mature Adults (40+) and Young Adults programming

Nancy Swanson, MFT

Clinical Director

Nancy is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), who has extensive experience working in the field of co-occurring disorders. Over the past two decades, Nancy has worked diligently to improve clinical programs in a variety of treatment settings. She has assisted residential and outpatient programs throughout California to design, implement, and facilitate innovative programming. Working with treatment centers, Nancy facilitates intensive Family Weekends, and to date has helped over 3000+ addicts and their loved-ones. Nancy specializes in working with families in crisis, offering help and hope during times of trauma, grief and loss, and when families are devastated by addiction and mental illness. Working with families is Nancy’s purpose and passion!

Ricki Bass, CDAC-I

Program Director

Ricki is a dedicated and highly motivated individual who has been working in the chemical dependency field since 2010 in both inpatient and outpatient settings. Ricki is a Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor who completed the Alcohol and Drug Counseling and Studies Program at UCLA. In addition, she is a certified Life Coach. Ricki has done extensive work with the Salvation Army’s Adult Rehabilitation Center, worked at La Vantana Substance Abuse Program, and various other treatment facilities. Ricki has experience in administration, aftercare, HR, counseling, and operations.

ABOUT TRIBE INTEGRATIVE RECOVERY

Just 30 minutes from Malibu in beautiful Camarillo, Calif., Tribe Integrative Recovery operates a sober-living facility conveniently located near an outpatient clinic also operated by them. The outpatient center, which is surrounded by mountains, offers specialized treatment tracks for older adults and young adults with substance abuse and co-occurring mental health disorders.

The center views addiction as a chronic, recurring condition and recovery as an individualized process. Treatment involves a mixture of individual psychotherapy, recovery coaching, group sessions, neurofeedback, neurofitness, and family therapy. Attendance at 12-step meetings is encouraged, however, clients can also explore alternate recovery paths such as SMART Recovery or Celebrate Recovery.

The center utilizes a wide array of evidence-based treatment modalities, including eye-movement desensitization reprocessing (EMDR), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), and mindfulness-based relapse prevention (MBRP).

Within a supportive community atmosphere, clients participate in age-specific programming. The specialized Legacy track is designed for adults over age 40 with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. This track offers groups on anxiety and depression, grief and loss, cultivating spirituality, wellness, and holistic pain management.

The Millennial program for young adults uses acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), motivational interviewing, early recovery skills groups, expressive arts therapy, and experiential therapies such as equine therapy and a ropes course. Both tracks include individual therapy and recovery coaching twice weekly and family or couples sessions once a week.

Weekly friends and family support groups, multi-family groups, and monthly intensive family workshops engage loved ones in the recovery process. Discharge planning begins at the start of outpatient treatment and the center provides supportive services for alumni through regular phone calls and alumni events.

The rehab maintains a staff to client ratio of four to one and the treatment team includes several licensed marriage and family therapists, as well as a certified addictions counselor.

Tribe's 16-bed sober-living facility is comprised of an adobe-style estate set on two acres. Clients can enjoy a courtyard, outdoor fireplace, meditation gardens, an organic garden, and a hydrotherapy pool. Shared rooms are outfitted with luxurious full-size beds and food is included in each resident's stay.

The facility is also a short drive from the Pacific Ocean and close to mountains perfect for outdoor activities such as hiking and biking.

Currently, Rehabs.com has not yet received reviews from alumni of the facility, however, alumni reviews on secondary review websites are overwhelmingly positive and many reviewers described the program as "life-changing."

On Google, seven reviewers rated the facility an average of 4.4 out of five stars.[1] "The therapy i received at Tribe was exceptional and perfect for me. All of the groups at Tribe have positively influenced my life and I have rediscovered who I am," Staci wrote to Google. Many of the Google reviewers praised the "compassionate" care, and alum E.C. raved, " This is my fifth treatment center, and this is the only treatment center that I I am not "just a number". The entire staff and community of Tribe Integrative Recover cares about each and every client."

Furthermore, on Yelp, 14 reviewers gave an average rating of 4.5 stars.[2] Many reviewers on both review sites mentioned the phenomenal clinical director by name. "The staff - under [the clinical director]'s care and strong guidance - are truly life changing. The level of care is amazing. They all go "above and beyond," Heidi wrote to Yelp.

The single loved one to review the center on Rehabs.com applauded the lead therapist's experience and the sober living accommodations. K.G. wrote in a representative review: "they are AMAZING therapist...This was a very good experience for my mom and me. Your loved one is in good hands here."

On Yelp, several family members of alumni left perfect five-star ratings and described loved ones who thrived under the caring guidance of staff. "Tribe taught my son how to adjust to life clean and sober. They got him where he needed to be to succeed," Teri wrote.

According to a representative from the facility, Tribe accepts private insurance and financing is available to help clients pay for treatment.

[1] https://goo.gl/WHKKfh
[2] https://www.yelp.com/biz/tribe-integrative-recovery-camarillo

Published on January 2018

VR

Dysfunctional, unorganized and unprofessional. This place is not effective and is is not a rehab. It is a sober living. They do not have the license to operate as a traditional rehab center. The owner is an unkept unorganized woman who over steps her boundaries and is full of empty promises.

ET

Excellent & effective treatment. Counseling, housing, activities are very good. My loved one made great progress.

S.N.

This isn’t my first rodeo. I’m a chronic relapser and a “runner”. In fact, I went to and bolted from ten different programs prior to Tribe. I was stuck on a merry-go-round, and had little faith Tribe would be any different. I was wrong. About three weeks after arriving to Tribe, I freaked out, ran away, and used. This is my pattern. I heard a knock on the door and all of Tribe was there- staff and peers. When I didn’t show up they came looking for me. No one has ever cared enough to come looking for me and bring the program to me! That made me feel like I belonged, that I had found my “Tribe”. I still struggle with my sobriety. But I know I have a supportive place to go where I won’t be rejected or judged when I’m imperfect. Yeah, Tribe is unique. And even if you’re feeling hopeless, give yourself a gift. Go to Tribe.

S.b

I love Tribe!! There’s no place like it. Tribe works hard at making sure rehab isn’t boring .. and it never was! From, skydiving, magic mountain, and weekly fun filled activities. I love tribe and I’m forever grateful I made that first call❤️

PW

Great program. Staff is genuine and nice. Been sober for 4 months and counting. I love the fact that they touch on the education aspect of addiction and for me once I understood it, it became easier to stay clean. But remember the work you put in is the work you get out. They are very real and will encourage you to get a sponsor to make the right steps on your new path (very recommended). It's a great home base to have, THANK YOU TRIBE!

A.V.

Treatment here was not effective or lasting for my loved one. Food was awful. Staff was dysfunctional, disorganized and unprofessional. . The director played favorites and was judgmental. The only person that seemed to care or who did a good job was the therapist. I wanted so much to like this place and had high hopes, but I was so very disappointed. I was heartbroken when my child relapsed soon after leaving there. I would not recommend this place.

KG

My mother has been at TRIBE for 30 days. I did a lot of research helping her to find the right program and after narrowing to 3 places, she picked TRIBE. they are AMAZING therapist.The therapist has 20+ years experience at several programs, she took the best qualities from all of them and left out the worst qualities. The sober living homes are so lovely for both men and women. This was a very good experience for my mom and me. Your loved one is in good hands here.