Turning Point in Moultrie, GA

3015 Veterans Pkwy S
Moultrie GA 31788

Turning Point Philosophy

Individualized Treatment, Intensive Outpatient (IOP)

Individual Counseling
Group Therapy
Family Education

ABOUT TURNING POINT

Set on 30 acres of rural southern Georgia, in Moultrie, Turning Point is a residential drug and alcohol rehab center with gender-specific and dual diagnosis programs. Building off more than 25 years of experience, the Joint Commission-accredited facility provides medically monitored detox services, accommodations for dialysis-dependent clients, partial hospitalization (PHP) and intensive outpatient (IOP) programs, and treatment for trauma stabilization.

Turning Point can admit clients on a 24-hour emergency basis. The intake process for residential treatment involves a physical exam, consideration of the client’s history and current state of substance dependency, and a psychosocial evaluation. Clients receive integrated and continuous treatment for co-occurring mental health and substance use disorders as well as detox, stabilization, inpatient rehabilitation, and medication management. There are also IOP and PHP care options available.

Residential treatment takes place in separate gender-specific settings for men and women. Individualized plans incorporate 12-step facilitation, one-on-one and group counseling, and family therapy. Specialized trauma therapy is available for women, which includes recreation and meditation.

Like inpatient care, the PHP offers 24-hour monitoring care and semi-private room whereas the IOP focuses more on the transition from inpatient rehab to ongoing recovery, with stays averaging about six months in Turning Point apartments. IOP participants continue to attend psychiatric treatment, 12-step meetings, counseling sessions, and life skills training.

Aftercare is encouraged via referrals to community programs.

The treatment team includes internists and board-certified psychiatrists, as well as social workers, counselors, advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs), and mental health technicians.

Several buildings on the tree-lined grounds house stabilization and longer-term treatment programs. In separate lodges, men and women reside in semi-private bedrooms that are bright and airy and have their own bathrooms. According to Consumer Reports, Turning Point is “a 59-bed hospital.”

The 13 survey respondents polled by Rehabs.com on the matters provided average ratings of 3.77 and 4.15 out of five stars, respectively, for the facility’s accommodations and meals.

Rehabs.com received survey responses from 15 alumni, nine of which were generally positive, six more negative. Collectively, alumni satisfied with their treatment experiences told of counselors who were helpful, well-educated, and available, as well as a program that was strong in the 12 steps. Several even claimed the facility was responsible for saving their lives. “Thanks to them I have my life back, wrote ROCKY in a representative comment.

However, those more dissatisfied felt that the facility and its staff were “Horrible,” “unprofessional,” and simply unhelpful. “I was just another number,” wrote Marc. “They were moving people trough like cattle.” Another reviewer anonymously reported that treatment “did not work” for them.

The four reviewers polled by Rehabs.com on their loved one’s treatment experiences all shared positive feedback. All four indicated that they would recommend Turning Point. Maria called the place “amazing” and Janet, whose son was in residential and outpatient care, identified the program strengths as “Nutrition and great therapists,” adding: “I would recommend it to anyone!”

In otherwise positive reports, two reviewers noted a need for more exercise options. “There could be more activities that go beyond meetings like some activities to do and exercise classes or something beyoud groups and meetings so you know how to deal with it when you get home,” one wrote.

In the sole Rehabs.com survey from facility staff, an anonymous individual gave all four- and five-star ratings with exception of the facility’s holistic offerings. “I WORKED AT THIS FACILITY FOR JUST OVER 15 YEARS, IT IS A VERY INTENSE 12-STEP TREATMENT PROGRAM,” the staff member wrote. “IN MY OPINION IT IS THE BEST FACILITY OF ITS TYPE IN THE SOUTHEAST.”

According to its website, Turning Point accepts major commercial health insurance plans, like BCBS, Cigna, UnitedHealth, and Aetna. The center is also TriCare and Medicaid-approved and offers an option for self-pay.

Published on December 2017

Saved,my life.

Sandy

very awsome place, they really helped me alot. i would go back. kind people, very understanding. made some good friends, wish i had of stayed longer.

EO

I was a patient at turning point, I learned alot about addiction,and myself I'm happy in life again thanks guys and gals,for my hand up ...

Maria

well is to early for me to state my experience,all I can say is this place is amazing,because the change I see in my daughter in just 2 weeks is great,maybe I should it be waited longer to talk about Turning Point,is just that I am so excited about how this place had arranged everythings to make it possible for my daughter to go there,even transportation,i am so greatfull to them for all the help given to us

Janet

Nutrition and great therapists. I would recommend it to anyone!

Very good

An overall great facility.

ACB

well educated counselors. No soda's or enough coffee. There counselors were always available,and helpful.

there could be more activites that go beyond meetings like some activities to do and exercise classes or something beyoud groups and meetings so you know how to deal with it when you get home . Its not all meetings and group when you go home you also have to deal with normal life

Strengths: PSYCHIATRIC STAFF. Weaknesses: LIMITED NON-TREATMENT ACTIVITIES. I WORKED AT THIS FACILITY FOR JUST OVER 15 YEARS, IT IS A VERY INTENSE 12-STEP TREATMENT PROGRAM. IN MY OPINION IT IS THE BEST FACILITY OF ITS TYPE IN THE SOUTHEAST.

Overall. They are completely efficient in all areas. no exercise equipment at all. They just need to go for themselves. The treatment is in going, rather than asking question.

Stephen

My counselor would scream at patients including me when I stood up for one and then they said I was dilutional.

John

This place save my life.the staff was great and I been sober 2 half years

Carol

I believe two staff members identified as "psychiatrists" are actually M.D.s specializing in psychiatry according to Internet/Google info. Turning Point Hospital/Moultrie GA names them/identifies them as "Psychiatrists" to residential patients. The attendant P.A.s thus are what? Submitted by an ex-inpatient resident.

Alan

I was admitted and taken all the way thru end of admissions process before being told I would have to come off Xanax. Had to sign release allowing them to flush Xanax I had brought with me. Very unprofessional. They had local minister who was supposed to be a motivation influence, but he was not helpful. Rude at times, made political statements, insulting to group at AA - "We're all a bunch of drunks." (Exact quote).

Elliot

This is a wonderful community supported treatment facility. It has it's own Main Hospital Detox. A West Campus for transition to the 3rd facility which is living in an apartment operated by Turning Point on it's 5th Ave. Campus. It is a really AAA Program. You will absolutely love it. The Alamo Alcoholics Anonymous Hall is within walking distance, and accommodates approx. 150 people. It is usually running to capacity, as Turning Point requires patients to attend a minimum of 7 meetings a week. 1 meeting everyday until you graduate in approx. 1 year, depending on your progression. I graduated in 10 mos. so, there is not a specific time frame for your recovery. It is entirely up to you weather or not you stay. I have stayed in Moultrie, because the towns people have welcomed me with Southern Charm, and open arms. I am home!

Marc

Don't go to this rehab to get off of benzodiazepines... I was just another number, they were moving people through there like cattle.

ROCKY

Place was clean, helpful, you can see or talk to same Dr. any time you feel you need help. They help you understand and teach you 12-step program and how it works. Thanks to them I have my life back.

anonymous

Every time I went to see a psychiatrist it was a different person. Some were not even MD. Somehow they thought allergy shots were “holistic” so they did not give them to me, I had active asthma most of the time I was there. It did not work for me.

anonymous

Learned how to use AA12 Steps. Forced me to make life-saving changes.

Randy

Excellent facility centered around proven 12 step program. I'd be dead by now. I'm still sober almost 6 years later!