U-Turn For Christ Camino in Camino, CA

5649 Pony Express Trail
Camino CA 95709

U-Turn For Christ Camino Philosophy

U-Turn For Christ is a residential rehab for men trapped in the deceptive, never-ending cycle of addiction. The Camino, California facility offers a Christian Discipleship re-entry program, which provides residents with the opportunity to give back to the community as they recover. U-Turn’s goal is to teach men to evolve into independent, self-supporting and stable under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, becoming an asset to family, church, friends. employers, schools and society along the way.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Morning Devotions

Bible Study

Christian Living Skills

Erin Winemiller

Administrator

I was introduced to the ministry of U-Turn For Christ in 1998 by my parents who were referred through Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa. On October 21st 1998, I entered the ministry and just like many of the men and women who enroll everyday, my life was a mess and I could not do anything on my own strength to change. I’m one of the thousands of men and women who have come to this ministry and that have had the Lord do the miracle that only He can do. I married my beautiful wife, Rosie, in December of 1998, after graduating Phase-1; and have three beautiful daughters, Brittany 15, Kaitlyn 13, and Alicia 6. I now have the privilege of watching the Lord perform that same miracle in the lives of the men and women who enroll today, as He did in me 15 years ago, serving as the Administrator and Assistant Pastor. “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us” Ephesians 3:20.

Phil Davis

Thrift Store Director

Phil Davis has been Pastoring since 1985. He spent two years in full time missionary work in Guam aiding in a Calvary Chapel church plant, as well as short term outreaches to Mexico and the Philippines. Mr Davis brings to the school a vast understanding of administrative perspective and teaching techniques. His vision is “To serve ALL the sheep in the whole flock of God.”

ABOUT U-TURN FOR CHRIST CAMINO

Located 55 miles northeast of Sacramento, U-Turn for Christ Camino offers Christian residential treatment for men (18+) who are struggling with alcohol and drug abuse. The facility, which seeks to reduce the use of any substances that are unnecessary, focuses heavily on biblical teachings as a foundation for treatment and life direction. Detox, offered on-site for clients who take psychiatric medications, uses an aggressive format to quickly reduce their intake rates. Detox for substance abuse is not provided.

Clients will only be admitted into the program with a 24-hour record of sobriety prior to admission. The discipleship’s views on homosexuality and gender conformity may be prohibitive to some clients. Within the state, the center is among 52.3 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities with specially tailored programs for adult men.

At U-Turn for Christ Camino, all treatment options are rooted in biblical teachings. The center views addiction as a sin, and aims to help its residents achieve restoration through religious teachings and guidance. There is a two-month minimum stay, which constitutes the first phase of treatment. An optional, additional second phase lasts six months, and is designed to allow clients to explore religious teachings and lifestyles to a deeper degree.

The facility serves clients involved or interested in traditional Christian teachings that can be applied to help change their lives. Within California, U-Turn for Christ Camino is among 33.6 percent of substance abuse treatment facilities that provide residential, non-hospital care..

U-Turn for Christ Camino creates a sober living environment through modeling life skills and lessons of religious guidance. Clients participate in daily and weekly religious practices while attending educational sessions to learn sober living skills. Clients also participate in volunteer opportunities on the ranch and within the community, as well as work at the organization’s thrift store.

The center is led by three pastors with assistance from a range of volunteers and occasional support staff members.

U-Turn for Christ Camino is located in a wooded, rural area in northern California. Photos published on the facility’s website depict a simple ranch-style home in a densely wooded setting with outdoor meeting and outdoor exercise areas.

For the first two months of treatment, clients may not send or receive phone calls or emails. Rather, communication is limited to postal mail. There is also an initial two-week block on visitation, after which families may come to visit on Sundays. Visitors are limited to immediate family and excludes girlfriends or fiancées.

U-Turn for Christ is a non-smoking facility, and replacement tobacco sources such as gum and patches are not allowed. Residents may bring a Bible, but no other reading material is permitted. Clients attend Friday night services at a local community church.

Two alumni submitted highly positive reviews for U-Turn for Christ Camino to Rehabs.com to date. Both felt the facility changed their life. "Ive regained my family, job and friends. My life is not the same ive learned how to have a true relationship with God and serve him instead of myself.”

The other, who after completing the program, continued on long term as staff, wrote: “Through this ministry, God restored my life, and has blessed me abundantly. I am now married, and am an ordained Pastor who has dedicated my life to the call that God has for me, which is to serve in the ministry...”

On secondary sites, the center received positive coverage to date: 3.9 out of five stars based on 18 reviews on Google and 4.6 stars based on 211 reviews on Facebook, which the organization can manage. [1] [2]

Numerous reported U-Turn for Christ Camino changed their life and helped them overcome the cycle of addiction. They appreciated the structure and tough approach to treatment, welcoming staff, and power of the discipleship to achieve desired results. “What a wonderful place that God is using the share the gospel and change the lives of the men that attend with a WILLING heart and attitude, J.W. wrote in a representative review.

The sole loved one polled by Rehabs.com to date had a husband who left the facility after only 12 hours. “The \”donation\” is non-refundable and is $1,000. It is boot-camp like. All food is picked up from food bank and you have 2 minutes to shower & shave in the morning,” adding: “Unless you are 100% ready to give your life to Christ, no addict will last here.”

Treatment is provided in exchange for a $1,000 donation, paid via money order, cashier’s check, or cash upon arrival. Airport pick-up costs an extra $100.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/UTurnforChrist/reviews/?ref=page+internal

Published on December 2018

Ruben

UTurn changed my life, after completing its 60 day in patient ive regained my family, job and friends . My life is not the same ive learned how to have a true relationship with God and serve him instead of myself.

Jeremy

This ministry changed my life! I entered in November of 2013 and continued to serve there to this day. I was a wreck, I had lost everything, and it was a suicide attempt that brought me to my rock bottom. Through this ministry, God restored my life, and has blessed me abundantly. I am now married, and am an ordained Pastor who has dedicated my life to the call that God has for me, which is to serve in the ministry and help other men to find Jesus, and allow Him to work in their lives. It wasn't easy, but it also wasn't difficult. Don't believe the bad reviews out there....addicts are the most manipulative and selfish people there are, and always have an excuse how "it wasn't their fault" and are the first to point the finger and find fault in others. The grass is always greener on the other side! Ask anyone who has has their lives radically changed by the power of Jesus working through this ministry, our testimonies speak for themselves!

NM

My husband went to this place for not even 12 hours and came home. The \"donation\" is non-refundable and is $1,000. It is boot-camp like. All food is picked up from food bank and you have 2 minutes to shower & shave in the morning. My husband, who was coming down off drugs, was told to dig a 5 foot x 5 foot hole the first day he was there. He immediately left as there was no recovery or withdrawal time. I think the program needs to have a little more time in the word and a little time for people to come down from drugs. Also, when my husband left they didn\'t even try to talk him into staying. They just let him leave - they in fact opened the door for him. I would not recommend sending anyone to this place. Unless you are 100% ready to give your life to Christ, no addict will last here.

U-Turn for Christ Camino provides every enrollee with every opportunity to seek the Lord during their restoration, and as brothers, we share and bear one another's burdens through prayer and fellowship. We cannot force anyone to stay, and anyone who decides to leave, that's their choice, and it is unfortunate for those who do. There are many different kinds of excuses, but most often it is the desire of the flesh to use drugs or alcohol again. We are not a detox center and recommend that anyone who is serious about getting right with the Lord, that they detox before they enter so that they can be focused; however, we hold an open door policy and never turn anyone away in need. As a Non-Profit organization, we rely solely on the Lord's provision and it is through the donations from enrollees and volunteer work crews that we are able to operate. We all volunteer and sacrifice for the sake of one another, and I am forever gratefully in debt for what God has done in my life through this ministry.