U-Turn For Christ - Gold Hill in Gold Hill, OR

Call (541) 295-5161 to Contact U-Turn For Christ - Gold Hill

100 Lampman Rd.
Gold Hill OR 97525

U-Turn For Christ - Gold Hill Philosophy

U-Turn For Christ employs the word of Christ to inspire chemically dependent adults to reassess their lives and produce satisfying, substance-free futures. During the first phase of the program, clients participate in daily chores, morning devotions, evening bible study, community service, and evening devotion. During the second phase, select clients are chosen to work as Servants of Christ and are called upon to serve the ministry for six months or more. Those who are not selected to provide voluntary labor pay a monthly donation to the church.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Daily Devotions

Christian Living Skills

Bible Study

Jose Alvarado

Pastor of Spanish Ministries

My name is Jose Alvarado, pastor of Calvary Chapel Romoland Spanish Ministry. Fifteen years ago, I accepted the Lord through my wife, Nancy. I have been pasturing in the Spanish ministry for five years now and I love growing in the knowledge and wisdom of our Lord Jesus Christ. Before knowing the Lord, I was in drugs and sin. I was searching for God, but didn’t know how to find him until I met my wife. It was through her love and God’s amazing grace that lead me to the feet of Jesus and I am forever grateful to Him! Now that I’ve been saved by grace, my desire is to go wherever He leads me and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ because it’s no longer I that live, but He that lives in me (Gal. 2:20). Some things I enjoying doing are, riding my Harley Davidson motorcycle with my wife and spend time with family. Between my wife and I, we have 9 children and 16 grandchildren. I also enjoy playing golf and spending time with my wife.

Gerry Brown

Founder and President

Pastor Gerry Brown comes from a family of fifteen brothers and sisters, and is therefore family oriented. After many years of struggling with the sin of addiction, finding himself in divorce court with a Judge warning him that he was about to ruin his life, he agreed to do whatever his lovely wife Peggy wanted for him to get his family back. Peggy’s one requirement was for Gerry to attend church with her. Gerry agreed, not realizing God would get a hold of his heart and change his life forever. That was over twenty years ago. Today he is the Senior Pastor of Calvary Chapel Romoland and also the founder and President of U-Turn For Christ. His unique shoot-from-the-hip style of teaching gets right to the heart of the matter, and the meat of the Word. His powerfully unique style of delivering God’s Word will both challenge and encourage you to new levels of maturity in your walk with Jesus, as we draw from God’s design for living, and discover new insights to God’s “Truth and Love in Action”.

ABOUT U-TURN FOR CHRIST - GOLD HILL

With numerous facilities around the country, U-Turn for Christ is a nonprofit that offers long-term, residential Christian discipleship programs for adults struggling with problematic substance use. Located just off the 5 freeway in the rolling Rogue River Valley of southeastern Oregon, U-Turn for Christ - Gold Hill offers programming for men only. New residents must have been sober for at least 24 hours before enrolling.

U-Turn for Christ is a non-denominational ministry, and though prospective clients do not need to be Christian in order to enroll, they must be willing to participate in all religious activities.

U-Turn for Christ does not offer clinical counseling services or mental health or medical treatment. Rather, residents are taught to turn to God whenever they feel the need to use drugs or alcohol.

There's a two-month minimum commitment; if completed, the program is eight months in total. The first two months of treatment are spent on a working ranch. During this phase, residents work on the ranch or in the community for eight hours a day, six days a week. When they're not working or completing community service, they're kept busy with prayer, Bible studies, and church services.

During the second phase, clients move to a separate house, where they prepare to return to society. During this second phase of treatment, residents must hold a job, pay for their own room and board, and be of service to the church — while maintaining sobriety and continuing to help with chores and yard work.

According to the facility's website, the program is founded on the principles of "obedience, integrity, accountability, and community service."

The facility's director is a pastor, but there is currently no further information provided by the facility regarding its treatment staff.

The ranch, where residents spend their first two months, is an acre-large property featuring a large house with dorm-style accommodations. Time is set aside in the afternoons for outdoors activities such as hiking and fishing

After a 12-day probation period, residents may accept visitors from their immediate families only; this does not include boyfriends or girlfriends. In addition, the ranch is a non-smoking environment.

REVIEWS

Rehabs.com has not yet received any reviews from this facility’s alumni, affiliated friends or family members, or staff, however, secondary review sites yielded some feedback: a 3.2-star average rating based on four reviews left on Google.[1] Two of the four reviewers described the facility as life-changing: "I tell you that if you are tired of living a life of darkness and not getting no where u turn is the place to go... Me going to U turn is the best thing I've done," J.E. wrote in a representative review, while also stressing that the program was hard work. The only other comment was negative: "Awful place I would not recommend attending the program," J.T. wrote, without giving further explanation.

There's a fee of $1,000 for the first two months of treatment, which covers all room and board. In phase two — a further six-month commitment — residents pay $500 a month, which covers their rent and other services.

[1] https://goo.gl/XB49x3

Published on December 2017

There are currently no reviews for this facility.