U-Turn For Christ - Greeneville in Greeneville, TN

(3 of 5)
1160 Black Road
Greeneville TN 37743

U-Turn For Christ - Greeneville Philosophy

U-Turn for Christ in Greenville is a residential, faith-based, drug and alcohol treatment program that applies Biblical principles to the process of healing addiction. With separate facilities for men and women, residents are expected to participate in morning devotions, chores, community service, Bible study and personal time to establish and strengthen a relationship with Jesus Christ, while also learning how to be a healthy and productive member of society.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Christian Living Skills

Bible Study

Personal Devotions

Carolyn Cook

Woman’s Ranch Head Overseer

I am currently serving as the Head Overseer for the Women’s Ranch. I came to the ministry back in 2009, after being lost in an alcohol and drug addiction for several years of my life. It was this very ministry where I was able to build a relationship with the Lord. I now have the opportunity to share with other women the love of Christ, just as it was shared with me.

Gerry Brown

Founder and President

Pastor Gerry and Peggy have worked hard to establish a family atmosphere in the ministry of U-Turn for Christ and Calvary Chapel Romoland. They pray that you would consider sending your loved ones to them so that they may receive Jesus as Lord and Savior and allow the power of the Holy Spirit to set them free from the bondage of sin.

ABOUT U-TURN FOR CHRIST - GREENEVILLE

Located in Greeneville, Tenn., U-Turn for Christ is a faith-based treatment center that provides residential programming for both men and women. According to the center’s website, treatment is “based entirely on the Word of God,” and lasts up to eight months.

During phase one, the first two months of treatment, residents live in a military-style quarters (one large room filled with multiple bunk beds). According to the facility’s website, this type of environment is meant to facilitate “healthy fellowship” among the participants. Daily activities during this time include morning devotions, regular chores, volunteer community service, Bible study, and nightly prayer. Women work at the organization’s thrift store while men participate in the upkeep of the center’s facilities and landscaping.

Phase two lasts six months and provides residents with two options: they may find regular employment during the day, or they can opt to fully serve the ministry which, according to the facility, “comes with considerable sacrifice.” According to the center’s website, “Servants of Christ can be called on at all times to serve in many different ways.” Clients who choose to work off-site are responsible for paying a housing fee.

According to the center’s website, programming is overseen by a pastor who is also an alum of the program.

According to the facility’s website, accommodations are basic by design. Clients sleep in bunk beds located in a communal hall. The handful of alumni polled by Rehabs.com provided the center’s accommodations with inconsistent ratings (half submitted one-star reviews, and the other half provided five-star reviews). The one reviewer who commented on housing characterized it as “a modular mobile home full of mold and rats.”

Alumni polled by Rehabs.com provided varying opinions on the treatment they received at U-Turn for Christ. Three of the five reviewers were satisfied with the program and specifically praised the center’s “tough love” and emphasis on religion. “They put me in many situations that challenged me to trust and depend on God… The staff here played a key role in guiding me through my daily struggles and encouraging me to press on and not give up,” O.B. wrote in a representative review. D.P.L., a five-star reviewer, told Rehabs.com that it was the “Best program ever created.”

The other two survey respondents used their reviews to issue warnings about the program, facility, and staff. G.Z. described a staff member claiming to be a pastor as “a fraud,” and M.W. cited unclean living conditions and insincere staff. “The current Pastor is all about the money, not about the men,” he wrote.

The four alumni who submitted reviews to Yellowpages.com were satisfied with their experiences and each rated the center with five out of five stars. They specifically appreciated the program’s intense structure and credited the faith-based components with changing their lives. “U Turn For Christ is a strict and structured ministry where i was given the raw truth… As i gave The Lord the opportunity He began to mold and shape me into who i am today,” Al wrote in a representative review.

Rehabs.com has not yet received any reviews from this facility’s affiliated friends or family members, but three of the four reviews submitted to YellowPages.com by loved ones were negative. Multiple friends and family members reported unsuitable living conditions and questionable treatment methods. “Sure there is Bible study but their practices seem very unChristian - ask those who have left. Punishment is very inconsistent - just whatever the leader wants to do for that day,” A. wrote. Becky described the housing as “atrocious,” adding, “If the unqualified people in charge decide you have not done as told they send you outside in 19° weather to dig holes in the ground.”

Ken, the one loved one who provided a five-star review, reported that the facility helped his son in “amazing ways.”

There is currently no information provided on the facility's website regarding its costs.

[1] https://www.yellowpages.com/greeneville-tn/mip/u-turn-for-christ-4616949

The pastor of u turn is a joke completely blasphemy since he is still doing drugs!!! The ranch or trailer is full of bedbugs and all the pastor is about is your money!!! Uturn in concept is great but stay away from the Tennessee ranch and so called pastor !!

U-turn is A simple concept. they are teaching us that sometimes the last thing we try, is the first thing that works, JESUS. I have been involved with U-TURN for many years, they have helped me with my alcohol problems, Alcohol and drugs are destroying people and families, U-TURN is teaching us that through Christ lives can be saved.Greene county is very lucky to have this program.

U-Turn 4 Christ in principle is amazing. They had an amazing overseer and one Pastor that was very helpful. However the Pastor stepped aside followed by the overseer soon after. The current Pastor is all about the money, not about the men. ..The "Ranch" is a modular mobile home full of mold and rats. Go to U-turn just not to the TN ranch.

I came here with a lifetime of problems and was put in many situations that challenged me to deal with them. I am so grateful for the tough love I received from the overseers and pastor who had to work with me and love me through all my nonsense. I am now able to take the next step with confidence in God.

They put me in many situations that challenged me to trust and depend on God. I've struggled with a lot of personal problems and life situations that I have been in need of help working through. The staff here played a key role in guiding me through my daily struggles and encouraging me to press on and not give up. I am extremely grateful to God and U Turn For Christ Tennessee for giving me the tools I have so needed for success.

One of the staff members is not a pastor . Another staff member supports his behavior in "claiming" to not have control over the ministry. Stay FAR AWAY

Best program ever created. If you want Jesus in your life and something worth living life for, this is your place!

Silver Ridge
  • 12 Acres of Secluded Property
  • Spacious Rooms
  • Contemplative Spaces
Crest View Recovery Center
  • IN NETWORK with BCBS, also accepts Aetna, United Healthcare, UMR, Cigna and other insurance companies
  • Medical Director is a psychiatrist and sees all the clients
  • Healing in the mountains of Western NC