U-Turn For Christ - Greeneville

1160 Black Road, Greeneville, Tennessee, 37743

3.2

About U-Turn For Christ - Greeneville

U-Turn for Christ in Greenville is a residential, faith-based, drug and alcohol treatment program that applies Biblical principles to the process of healing addiction. With separate facilities for men and women, residents are expected to participate in morning devotions, chores, community service, Bible study and personal time to establish and strengthen a relationship with Jesus Christ, while also learning how to be a healthy and productive member of society.

Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Residential Treatment

3.1/5
    3.5/5
    3/5

• Samuel
    I've seen a lot of people including my family go through this program and come out for the better. It does a lot that other places don't do like teaching responsibility and the value of hard work.
  • Stu
    UTurn is one of the best choices to get set free and be built up in Christ, if you are willing to put your whole life in His path for you. By God's Marvelous Amazing Grace, day by day He will transform your old life into a beautiful story. God Bless you.
  • Kevin Lamons
    I've been here now for 7 months and this has been one of the best decisions in my life I have found God here when I was not a Believer before I was strung out very bad on methamphetamine nerve pills just about what I get my hands on and I how about lost my family everything I could ever own until I came to this place and I found God yes it is a very strict program but if it was easy everybody would do it so I just want to thank select staff members for giving a knucklehead like me a chance and get my life straightened out in bring me to no God like I do now when I never known him before in my life so thank you U-turn for Christ most of all thank you Lord for saving my soul
  • S.Wright
    Finally, my 30 yr. old son agreed to go to a REHAB. He wanted to go to one that was Christ based. He arrived and the following morning, he was immediately " put to " work" OFF THE PROPERTY. The pastor was paid for my sons work. Within a week he was sent 3 states away...to PARK CARS ...he...again...was NOT COMPENSATED WHILE THE PASTOR WAS PAID HANDSOMELY FOR MY SONS LABOR. They were sent 3 states away with bread and lunchmeat..after 13 hr days. They had NO MONEY FOR FOOD..ONLY THE LUNCHMEAT AND BREAD. They were there...and could NOT CONTACT THE PASTOR FOR DAYS. THEY WERE VERY HUNGRY AND PENNILESS. MY SON and others felt sure the pastor was using drugs himself. The primary purpose for UTFC IS TO MAKE MONEY OFF THE ADDICTS. ITS A SCAM. DO NOT ATTEND. ITS CAUSED MANT PROBLEMS FOR MY SON. THEY ARE PROFITTING OFF THE DESPERATE FAMILIES AND ADDICTS.
  • Steve
    The name is u turn for Christ it should be Wrong Turn. Because sending my loved one there was a big mistake. Its a total waste of money and hope. Its is not christian based . stay away.
  • Kim
    I have been thru and was an overseer at U Turn For Christ Greeneville, Tn. and it is a tough program....I agree. But we are some tough n rough people in addiction. Let's face it we dug a big hole n made a huge mess of our lives. To 've in active addiction is Not to be a Saint, believe me. We hurt people, go to great lengths to deceive n manipulation in true form. We don't need a soft hand All the time...yes we need love in great levels n that means people that call us own our stuff, lies, n so forth. Who better than someone that has been there, got the happy meal n trophy too. Pastor has loved me thru some of my darkest n ugliest times in my life ...even after the program. He is not perfect by no means n makes mistakes as he goes n learns. We all do. I have put him thru some stuff n I'll be the 1st to admit it, but he has been the 1st one to not judge me n jump in my corner while telling me the true with love. I see where people don't understand or even hate the program. I've seen n been on both side. God has opened my eyes up to a lot over the years n I'm not going to understand His ways. So I leave it at that. I'm very grateful for Pastor and U Turn For Christ Tennessee. I have a lot of ladies I stay in contact with that are still standing too today. We can choose to see good or bad in anything or anyone. This program is not for everyone I do believe. We need boundaries, love, n God's Word. That's what you will get there. It's not for the faint of heart. It is for someone fighting for their life.
  • Randi
    I thank God for U-Turn for Christ Tennessee and the other ranches around the world. My son went through the program and because the grace of God is alive and moving at U-turn, my son is alive today. That is not an exaggeration. Before he went he was running with a bad crowd, had walked away from the Lord, and was headed to hell. U-Turn is tough love, bare bones, and hardcore. At the ranches you learn to trust God, not mommy, daddy or self. One of the commenters complained about the holes. Holes=Accountability. Don't follow the rules and you Will be held accountable, possibly for the first time EVER! Yes my son dug holes, many, many holes. I would have loved to have seen him and talk to him right after he went in but we had to stop enabling him and get out of God's way and let the healing start. Someone mentioned that there "child" may not have had food and water, not according to all the people that I have been blessed to meet from ranches all over the world. But wait, were they getting food and water when they were out getting high for days and days on end? I know the pastors' testimony, I know he's tough, and I know that Pastor knows as well as anyone that you Cannot be easy on addicts or they will walk all over you. And I know that he loves everyone who comes thru the ranch(s) and cries out for them to God. Is the program perfect? Nope because it's run by humans. Does it work? I've seen sooo many people delivered from their addictions. People that now are involved in and restored to their families. People that love God. People that have jobs. People that serve and love others. People like my son and so many others that I love and am blessed to call my brothers and sisters in Christ. Amenities? Meals and Nutrition? Watching a TN sunrise or tasting how good food really is when you haven't eaten from being high for so long or hugging someone who just gave their life to Christ. Prayer Changes Things!!! Praise You Jesus!!!
  • Gc
    My son was lost in addiction and it was through the influence of U Turn that he was able to find his way out. He is now a productive member of society and able to live a drug free life. Pastor is tough as are the overseers. Some people can’t handle it and speak badly of the program. I have personally seen the miracles happen. If someone is ready to do the hard work of ridding themselves of addiction and turning their lives over, this is the place. It’s not fancy, it doesn’t pamper snowflakes, but it works!
  • Lisa
    The pastor of u turn is a joke completely blasphemy since he is still doing drugs!!! The ranch or trailer is full of bedbugs and all the pastor is about is your money!!! Uturn in concept is great but stay away from the Tennessee ranch and so called pastor !!
  • CHRIS THOR
    U-turn is A simple concept. they are teaching us that sometimes the last thing we try, is the first thing that works, JESUS. I have been involved with U-TURN for many years, they have helped me with my alcohol problems, Alcohol and drugs are destroying people and families, U-TURN is teaching us that through Christ lives can be saved.Greene county is very lucky to have this program.
  • MW
    U-Turn 4 Christ in principle is amazing. They had an amazing overseer and one Pastor that was very helpful. However the Pastor stepped aside followed by the overseer soon after. The current Pastor is all about the money, not about the men. ..The \"Ranch\" is a modular mobile home full of mold and rats. Go to U-turn just not to the TN ranch.
  • J. W.
    I came here with a lifetime of problems and was put in many situations that challenged me to deal with them. I am so grateful for the tough love I received from the overseers and pastor who had to work with me and love me through all my nonsense. I am now able to take the next step with confidence in God.
  • O.b.
    They put me in many situations that challenged me to trust and depend on God. I\'ve struggled with a lot of personal problems and life situations that I have been in need of help working through. The staff here played a key role in guiding me through my daily struggles and encouraging me to press on and not give up. I am extremely grateful to God and U Turn For Christ Tennessee for giving me the tools I have so needed for success.
  • G.z.
    One of the staff members is not a pastor . Another staff member supports his behavior in "claiming" to not have control over the ministry. Stay FAR AWAY
  • d.p.l.
    Best program ever created. If you want Jesus in your life and something worth living life for, this is your place!