U-Turn For Christ - Lexington in Lexington, SC

Call (803) 951-2197 to Contact U-Turn For Christ - Lexington

1156 Barr Road
Lexington SC 29072

U-Turn For Christ - Lexington Philosophy

U-Turn for Christ - Lexington is a faith-based, residential drug and alcohol treatment program using biblical principles to help adult men and women to free themselves of addiction by developing a stronger relationship with God. Individuals participate in morning devotions, chores, community service, Bible study and evening personal prayer time. The program aspires to provide residents with a solid grounding in the Bible and good living skills to provide a foundation for their recovery, and allow them to grow into productive, vital members of their community.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Christian Living Skills

Personal Devotions

Bible Study

Phil Davis

Thrift Store Director

Phil Davis has been Pastoring since 1985. He spent two years in full time missionary work in Guam aiding in a Calvary Chapel church plant, as well as short term outreaches to Mexico and the Philippines. Mr Davis brings to the school a vast understanding of administrative perspective and teaching techniques. His vision is “To serve ALL the sheep in the whole flock of God.”

Daniel Brown

Director of Worship and Facilities

I have been involved with U-Turn For Christ since my childhood and have been blessed to watch the ministry impact many lives for Christ. Watching my parents, Gerry and Peggy Brown, has allowed me to see the power of Jesus Christ change many lives, and has inspired me to serve the Lord. God has given me a passion for leading worship, teaching His Word, and discipling others to experience a life full of joy from living for the one true and living God. Recently, the Lord blessed me with my beautiful bride, Nubia, who now serves with me, and along side me in the ministry of U-Turn For Christ. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6.

ABOUT U-TURN FOR CHRIST — LEXINGTON

As its name suggests, U-Turn for Christ — Lexington is a strongly Christian residential recovery center, providing residential treatment for men aged 18+ who are struggling with substance abuse. One of 14 U-Turn for Christ facilities around the US — there are also locations in, for example, California, New Mexico, Tennessee, and New Jersey as well as around the world — U-Turn for Christ Lexington is sited in a semi-rural location 20 miles southwest of the city of Columbia, in central South Carolina.

U-Turn for Christ does not offer detox services; new clients must have been sober for 24 hours before admission. This facility accepts court referrals.

The program is split into two phases: Phase One lasts two months and Phase Two, six months. Phase Two is optional but strongly encouraged, though all court-referred clients must complete the full eight-month program.

During Phase One, men participate in up to five Bible study sessions per day, as well as completing volunteer work and chores. During Phase Two, the men work and learn to budget their money and live within their means, while continuing to participate in two Bible studies per day. This phase of treatment is designed to provide residents with a safety net while they put all they've learned in the program into practice in the real world.

Residents are kept busy with programming between 5.30 a.m and 10 p.m..

There is a pastor on staff, who runs the center's thrift store. There is currently no further information provided by the facility regarding its treatment staff.

During Phase One, men live in dormitory-style accommodations in mobile homes. The facility notes that these close quarters are designed to improve communication skills and unity through Jesus. The four individuals polled by Rehabs.com to date gave the facility an average rating of 2.25 out of five stars for its accommodations.

Visitors are welcome on Sunday afternoons, following an initial 12-day probationary period. Visitation is restricted to immediate family: spouses are welcome, but boyfriends and girlfriends are not. In addition, visitors and residents alike must abide by a strict dress code that includes restrictions on secular logos, short and tight clothing, and pants that sag. Finally, clients must abstain from all tobacco products during treatment.

The four reviews submitted to Rehabs.com to date were polarized: two were very negative and two very positive. Both of the positive reviewers wrote that they had achieved lasting sobriety at this facility, as well as building a sober network and establishing a strong relationship with God. "This place absolutely saved my life... U turn gave me a sense of worth, and showed me where my identity truly lies. I have the best network of friends and family through this program and the Calvary Chapel its tied too," J.B.W. wrote in a representative review.

Both of the negative reviewers described poor treatment from staff: "mean," "cruel," and "humiliating" were the words used. "THe place was disgusting and shocking," Paul wrote, and L.L.F. added: "Cruel staff. Negative punishments. Starvation Bedbugs. 17 hour days Hard labor even for residents in poor health."

Secondary sites yielded no review coverage at the time of this writing.

Treatment costs $500 per month, and there's a minimum two-month commitment, equating to a $1,000 fee payable on admission.

Bad, Horrible, literally the worst experiance of my life. Where to even start. The place is crawling with bugs and they know and just dont care. I left with over 100 bites all over my body. I left after 2 weeks to go stay at the homeless shelter which after this place was like a luxury resort. At least at the homeless shelter they feed you. I've been to over a dozen different rehabs and this place is by far the worst in every imaginable way. The staff or phase two inmates who are really just over seerers would take people to the hospital or DR. Give them just a few of their pills, pain meds, controlled substances then would tell them they dont need anymore and the rest of the meds would just disappear. There is no love, or spirit of Christ in this place. For punishment they makae you did 5x5x5 holes no joke for small infractions. Also whrite 500 word essays on 1 sentence from the bible. If you leave you cant call your family you have to leave on foot in the middle of nowhere. Vyou get a small bowl of cereal for breakfast. A small sandwich for lunch. A small plate of no meat spaghetti for dinner and don't even think of asking for seconds. Water only. Pleople are coming off the street starving and they just keep right on starving here. Go anywhere but here. If you love your family member dont leave them here. Go to the homeless shelter they feed you well amd have a free program. This place has the nerve to ask for a $700 donation to stay here and be starved, humiliated, and abused. Someone really need to get authorities involved in this llace its that bad. You just cant imagine until you live through it.

Bad.. I found this out right away and left but I told them and second in command grabbed me and told me to go dig a 5foot by 5 foot hole sounds more like a grave to me they find the weak and homeless drug addicts and make them into there puppets to do their bidding... There is no help for recovery there and no true training for you... There answer is GOD will help you...

Not a pampering, countryclub enviroment. Excellent place for those ready to make a radical life change. Highly recommend!

The worst most UN-Christian place you could possible go in my humble opnion. Claim to be Christian based however there views are what I consider non Christian, if you have different beliefs any other than the way they run their program you can be considered a non believer and they do not mind telling this to your face. Please search for recovery anywhere but here Christianity is good when it is from true source of Christ.

No soap to was your hands. The staff is horrible. Digging holes as punishment. Mold filled trailers. all kinds of other out breaks with little to no help from staff. I was there twice and went through both phases. The only thing good I can say is absolutely nothing. If you want help go somewhere else. If u could give no stars I would. Kicked me out the program after I was only talking to a female (which was against the rules). I was told if I showed back up I'd have cops called on me. There are so many other and better place to go for help with drugs and alcohol. I hope everyone gets the help they need and I hope this helped out someone on their decision.

First of all the information about the staff at Uturn is extremely outdated. The current staff strive to do what's best for the sake of the community as a whole. Uturn is like a family. Those who apply themselves and work hard at producing change of their lives succeed. The Friday night Uturn service brings more community with the church family. The senior pastor of the church is full of grace for those of us who don't get it right the first time. I won't lie, it is hard the 1st 60 days, but it is designed that way (almost lime boot camp). After phase 1, you get more freedom and can begin to work. Staying connected is key. I hope this site updates the information. There is a proposed bunk house in the future but for now the accommodations are adequate.

U-Turn is truly a blessing. I got to know the Lord in a way that i never have. It taught me to man up, stop making excuses, and get on the right path. U-Turn is tough, but without it I would absolutely be dead!! I made a band of accountable life long brothers. So thank you U-Turn.... You saved my life

This place absolutely saved my life. U turn isnt about livng in 5 star luxury and being entitled to anything but being thankful to see another day. This is a program about denying your self learning to be content in any situation. The apostle speaks on this in Phil 4:12. I literally left everything i had in Charleston and haven't looked back. U turn gave me a sense of worth, and showed me where my identity truly lies. I have the best network of friends and family through this program and the Calvary Chapel its tied too. It wasnt easy, and I wanted to leave several times, but i stayed. like the testing of faith produces perseverance. and i persevered, along with several of my friends. These men on here downing this program did not surrender their lives to Christ or they too would be leaving five stars.i have been clean for over 16 months, and I owe it all to U turn for Christ. Im not longer a slave to fear. I AM a child of God!

This place is a nightmare.Cruel staff. Negative punishments. Starvation Bedbugs. 17 hour days Hard labor even for residents in poor health. We plan to contact several agencies about what goes on in this place. Never send a family member here. Jail is better.

I went through the program for 2 months. THe place was disgusting and shocking. The success rate is poor with most heroine addicts always retourning several times almost like "Lifers". I only drank Beer as an addiction. I had put MYSELF in the program to reconcile with my wife but it didn't happen. I lived in fear and deep depression every day I was there. I signed up for the 2 month program. They Pressure you to continue on the next 6 month program. They won't let you make a call and won't give you a ride to the airport. The Head Pastor is awful. Mean and onery to everyone. Where was the love ? No where. 30% lame bible studies. I sought God by myself while there because I didn't trust them at all. The whole place was so bad that it FORCED me to seek God. BUt they did not lead me to God. Don't go there unless you are a hopeless Heroin addict with no where else to turn.

After visiting many drug & alcohol rehabilitation programs, U-Turn for Christ is the only lasting answer. They helped me build a good support system of brothers who care about me and helped me develop my relationship with the Lord. I realized that addiction was not my problem, sin was the underlying problem my whole life. I now live drug free and love the Lord.