U-Turn For Christ - Lexington

1156 Barr Road, Lexington, South Carolina, 29072

2.4

About U-Turn For Christ - Lexington

U-Turn for Christ - Lexington is a faith-based, residential drug and alcohol treatment program using biblical principles to help adult men and women to free themselves of addiction by developing a stronger relationship with God. Individuals participate in morning devotions, chores, community service, Bible study and evening personal prayer time. The program aspires to provide residents with a solid grounding in the Bible and good living skills to provide a foundation for their recovery, and allow them to grow into productive, vital members of their community.

Holistic Therapy

Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Residential Treatment

2.1/5
    3/5
    2.2/5

• Lee F
    Bad, Horrible, literally the worst experiance of my life. Where to even start. The place is crawling with bugs and they know and just dont care. I left with over 100 bites all over my body. I left after 2 weeks to go stay at the homeless shelter which after this place was like a luxury resort. At least at the homeless shelter they feed you. I've been to over a dozen different rehabs and this place is by far the worst in every imaginable way. The staff or phase two inmates who are really just over seerers would take people to the hospital or DR. Give them just a few of their pills, pain meds, controlled substances then would tell them they dont need anymore and the rest of the meds would just disappear. There is no love, or spirit of Christ in this place. For punishment they makae you did 5x5x5 holes no joke for small infractions. Also whrite 500 word essays on 1 sentence from the bible. If you leave you cant call your family you have to leave on foot in the middle of nowhere. Vyou get a small bowl of cereal for breakfast. A small sandwich for lunch. A small plate of no meat spaghetti for dinner and don't even think of asking for seconds. Water only. Pleople are coming off the street starving and they just keep right on starving here. Go anywhere but here. If you love your family member dont leave them here. Go to the homeless shelter they feed you well amd have a free program. This place has the nerve to ask for a $700 donation to stay here and be starved, humiliated, and abused. Someone really need to get authorities involved in this llace its that bad. You just cant imagine until you live through it.
  • Erik
    Bad.. I found this out right away and left but I told them and second in command grabbed me and told me to go dig a 5foot by 5 foot hole sounds more like a grave to me they find the weak and homeless drug addicts and make them into there puppets to do their bidding... There is no help for recovery there and no true training for you... There answer is GOD will help you...
  • Sarah
    Not a pampering, countryclub enviroment. Excellent place for those ready to make a radical life change. Highly recommend!
  • j
    The worst most UN-Christian place you could possible go in my humble opnion. Claim to be Christian based however there views are what I consider non Christian, if you have different beliefs any other than the way they run their program you can be considered a non believer and they do not mind telling this to your face. Please search for recovery anywhere but here Christianity is good when it is from true source of Christ.
  • Anthony
    No soap to was your hands. The staff is horrible. Digging holes as punishment. Mold filled trailers. all kinds of other out breaks with little to no help from staff. I was there twice and went through both phases. The only thing good I can say is absolutely nothing. If you want help go somewhere else. If u could give no stars I would. Kicked me out the program after I was only talking to a female (which was against the rules). I was told if I showed back up I'd have cops called on me. There are so many other and better place to go for help with drugs and alcohol. I hope everyone gets the help they need and I hope this helped out someone on their decision.
  • KG
    First of all the information about the staff at Uturn is extremely outdated. The current staff strive to do what's best for the sake of the community as a whole. Uturn is like a family. Those who apply themselves and work hard at producing change of their lives succeed. The Friday night Uturn service brings more community with the church family. The senior pastor of the church is full of grace for those of us who don't get it right the first time. I won't lie, it is hard the 1st 60 days, but it is designed that way (almost lime boot camp). After phase 1, you get more freedom and can begin to work. Staying connected is key. I hope this site updates the information. There is a proposed bunk house in the future but for now the accommodations are adequate.
  • BabyD
    U-Turn is truly a blessing. I got to know the Lord in a way that i never have. It taught me to man up, stop making excuses, and get on the right path. U-Turn is tough, but without it I would absolutely be dead!! I made a band of accountable life long brothers. So thank you U-Turn.... You saved my life
  • J.B.W
    This place absolutely saved my life. U turn isnt about livng in 5 star luxury and being entitled to anything but being thankful to see another day. This is a program about denying your self learning to be content in any situation. The apostle speaks on this in Phil 4:12. I literally left everything i had in Charleston and haven't looked back. U turn gave me a sense of worth, and showed me where my identity truly lies. I have the best network of friends and family through this program and the Calvary Chapel its tied too. It wasnt easy, and I wanted to leave several times, but i stayed. like the testing of faith produces perseverance. and i persevered, along with several of my friends. These men on here downing this program did not surrender their lives to Christ or they too would be leaving five stars.i have been clean for over 16 months, and I owe it all to U turn for Christ. Im not longer a slave to fear. I AM a child of God!
  • Ilf
    This place is a nightmare.Cruel staff. Negative punishments. Starvation Bedbugs. 17 hour days Hard labor even for residents in poor health. We plan to contact several agencies about what goes on in this place. Never send a family member here. Jail is better.
  • Paul
    I went through the program for 2 months. THe place was disgusting and shocking. The success rate is poor with most heroine addicts always retourning several times almost like \"Lifers\". I only drank Beer as an addiction. I had put MYSELF in the program to reconcile with my wife but it didn\'t happen. I lived in fear and deep depression every day I was there. I signed up for the 2 month program. They Pressure you to continue on the next 6 month program. They won\'t let you make a call and won\'t give you a ride to the airport. The Head Pastor is awful. Mean and onery to everyone. Where was the love ? No where. 30% lame bible studies. I sought God by myself while there because I didn\'t trust them at all. The whole place was so bad that it FORCED me to seek God. BUt they did not lead me to God. Don\'t go there unless you are a hopeless Heroin addict with no where else to turn.
  • N/A
    After visiting many drug & alcohol rehabilitation programs, U-Turn for Christ is the only lasting answer. They helped me build a good support system of brothers who care about me and helped me develop my relationship with the Lord. I realized that addiction was not my problem, sin was the underlying problem my whole life. I now live drug free and love the Lord.