U-Turn For Christ - San Angelo in San Angelo, TX

Call (325) 262-8845 to Contact U-Turn For Christ - San Angelo

1542 Villareal Road
San Angelo TX 76905

U-Turn For Christ - San Angelo Philosophy

U-Turn for Christ is a faith-based program for men 18 and over that emphasizes obedience, integrity, accountability and community service. Clients are encouraged to view themselves as a “new creation” by applying Biblical principles to their lives. Located in San Angelo, Texas, the facility is housed on a live-in working ranch, and as part of treatment residents are expected to participate in daily activities connected to the property's operations and maintenance.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

Daily Devotions

Christian Living Skills

Bible Study

John Reno

Worship Pastor

I came into the ministry in 1995, devastated from drugs and alcohol. God used Pastor Gerry and the U-Turn for Christ ministries to get my focus back on the Lord. Ever since, God has blessed me to have the privilege of being involved in the worship ministry. I love to worship the Lord at U-Turn for Christ and seeing the men and women transformed daily as they give their hearts to the Lordship of Jesus. In 2002, God blessed me with my beautiful wife Kirby and we currently serve in the ministry together. I count it a privilege to have served at U-Turn for Christ all these years. “Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.” Colossians 3:16

Jose Alvarado

Pastor of Spanish Ministries

My name is Jose Alvarado, pastor of Calvary Chapel Romoland Spanish Ministry. Fifteen years ago, I accepted the Lord through my wife, Nancy. I have been pasturing in the Spanish ministry for five years now and I love growing in the knowledge and wisdom of our Lord Jesus Christ. Before knowing the Lord, I was in drugs and sin. I was searching for God, but didn’t know how to find him until I met my wife. It was through her love and God’s amazing grace that lead me to the feet of Jesus and I am forever grateful to Him! Now that I’ve been saved by grace, my desire is to go wherever He leads me and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ because it’s no longer I that live, but He that lives in me (Gal. 2:20). Some things I enjoying doing are, riding my Harley Davidson motorcycle with my wife and spend time with family. Between my wife and I, we have 9 children and 16 grandchildren. I also enjoy playing golf and spending time with my wife.

ABOUT U-TURN FOR CHRIST - SAN ANGELO

Located in San Angelo Texas, U-Turn For Christ is a residential Christian discipleship program for adult men seeking treatment for substance use disorder. It is one of Texas’ 195 (45.2 percent) of treatment programs for men. Detox is not available on site.

All clients must be physically stable and abstinent from drugs and alcohol for at least 24 hours prior to being admitted to the program. Mood-altering medications, including antidepressants, are prohibited; clients already on a prescribed regime will be required to wean off their medication within a four-week period.

U-Turn For Christ is one of the 94 (21.8 percent) of long-term residential treatment programs in Texas. The program at U-Turn For Christ is highly structured and divided into two phases. The first phase lasts a minimum of two months, and requires clients to participate in daily devotions, Bible study classes, and volunteer work within the community. Clients must also carry out daily chores.

During the second phase, which typically lasts six months, clients may either find employment and continue to attend church services, or commit to serving the ministry full-time.

The facility is run by clergy and administrators. Clients also work with counselors during their stay. All staff members have extensive experience in the recovery field.

Set on a working ranch, the program houses men military-style, in one large room with bunk beds. Smoking and medications of any kind are prohibited. Clients are required to participate in chores and volunteer work.

REVIEWS

Rehabs.com has not yet received any reviews from this facility’s alumni, loved ones, or staff members. On Google, U-Turn For Christ received an average rating of 4.2 out of five stars from six reviews to date.[1] Two of the three reviews with written commentary specifically mentioned that there was “NO leadership.” Two of the reviews noted the faith-based focus.

On the facility's Facebook page, which the ministry has the ability to edit, U-Turn For Christ earned an average rating of 4.8 out of five stars based on 31 reviews.[2] "Just to give some personal insight as to what Uturn for Christ truly is, it is a ministry that teaches men how to be men of God," wrote Kirby in a representative review. "Boot camp for spiritual warfare. Real discipleship."

A $1,000 donation is required upon entry. Clients are required to make a two-month commitment and asked to donate $500 per month for costs. The facility accepts self-pay.

[2] https://www.facebook.com/pg/UTurnForChristSanAngeloTexas/reviews

Published on June 2019

There are currently no reviews for this facility.