Unity Hospital Chemical Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation in Rochester, NY

Call (585) 723-7723 to Contact Unity Hospital Chemical Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation

1555 Long Pond Road
Rochester NY 14626

Unity Hospital Chemical Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation Philosophy

ABOUT UNITY CHEMICAL DEPENDENCY INPATIENT REHABILITATION

Unity Chemical Dependency Inpatient Rehabilitation in Rochester, N.Y., is operated by healthcare provider Rochester Regional Health. This inpatient program for adults and adolescents has provided care to those dealing with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders since 1980. This makes the center part of the 25.4 percent of New York treatment facilities that treat adolescents.

Rochester Regional Health provides outpatient care through other facilities and inpatient care for adults at Hope Haven in Batavia.

Though few details are available regarding inpatient services for adults at Unity, reviews submitted to Rehabs.com at this time of writing indicate that clients participate in the 12 Steps, which is used by nearly 75 percent of New York treatment facilities.

The adolescent treatment program at Unity includes individual and group counseling and programs on anger management and relapse prevention. Clients will be introduced to meditation, art, and music. Education on stopping smoking and marijuana use is included. Transportation to and from school can be provided as needed.

Unity encourages family participation in treatment and educates loved ones about addiction.

The multidisciplinary team at Unity includes credentialed substance abuse professionals, addiction psychiatrists, physicians, therapists, nurses, social workers, nutritionists, and vocational and recreational therapists.

There is currently no information provided by the facility regarding its living arrangements and related offerings.

Four alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com at this time of writing indicated that they’d recommend treatment at Unity with an average rating of 4.25 out of five stars.

“They are very fair and look out for each persons well being,”wrote one anonymous alum. Another added that group therapy was a strength and that the facility worked with them when their insurance expired.

Alumni gave low reviews of available holistic options. One individual reported low opinions of provided group therapy. “I didn't feel like I was cared for as an individual. Every time was the same,” they wrote. “The group leader chose who we focused on and what about. I almost never spoke. I just went through the motions and completed what was asked.”

Holistic Offerings: 2/5
Affordability: 4.5/5
Cleanliness: 4.3/5
Family Participation: 3.5/5
Counseling Options: 3/5

Six loved ones polled by Rehabs.com to date gave mostly positive ratings for treatment at Unity.

Loved ones gave positive feedback for the cleanliness of the facility, and the staff. An anonymous loved one wrote: “Great staff and a progressive approach to the treatment of addiction.” Another added: “Average facility, needs better amenities.”

However, the six individuals gave Unity low ratings for holistic offerings and counseling options. “Overall a good place, needs better holistic offering,” one anonymous reviewer wrote.

Detailed polling data was collected from five or six loved ones.

Holistic Offerings: 2.4/5
Counseling Options: 2.8/5
Cleanliness: 4/5
Family Participation: 3.5/5
Staff's Training and Experience: 3.8/5

Unity accepts most insurance providers and Medicaid and is one of the 382 (45.4 percent) of New York treatment facilities that accept Medicare.

The ten individuals polled by Rehabs.com at this time of writing gave an average of 3.7 out of five stars for the center’s affordability.

Published on January 2018

Only one that would accept my loved one for prescription. Drug abuse.

Average facility, needs better amenities.

Actively attend AA meetings

Location was good but pricy. It is a good option

Therapist, group therapy, different kinds offered, conjoints, were all strengths. They are very fair and look out for each persons well being. Time frames for therapy are great, they have morning and evening groups available. You are held accountable with random screens.

Stay sober in clean. Learned other steps to take whenever i thank about having a drink

Concerned staff. Made "court ordered" individuals a priority, which then delayed others, causing relapse while waiting. individuals died during the 6 months my loved one was in facility. Not enough supervision for those at risk

Great staff and a progressive approach to the treatment of addiction. They should not employ people who have no understanding of the addiction process. Great medical staff and the policy of separating genders. Places that don't have unnecessary issues.

Group therapy they try to keep the groups in the same age. When I stayed in inpatient the food was awesome. Gained 20LBs in 2 weeks I believe they should separate people who are there by their own free will and people who are there court ordered. When my insurance expired they took me aside and helped me signbup for medicaid and didn't charge me until I had it. I was addicted to pain killers and kept showing up high or in withdrawal, so my counselor fast tracked my application for suboxone. I greatly appreciate that or I would have been stuck in the same routine.

Location to my home was a strength. Didn't offer anything other than 'group therepy' I didn't feel like I was cared for as an individual. Every time was the same. The group leader chose who we focused on and what about. I almost never spoke. I just went through the motions and completed what was asked. I felt I did all the actual work by myself at home or in my head. I saw that the facility itself was just a required thing to do. Didn't do much else for me other than fill the obligation I had legally.

Overall a good place, needs better holistic offering

Great compasionate staff. All over NY not just Unity there is very limited help for people that have a substance abuse problem. Primary physician don't have a clue. Would like to see more doctors that can write prescriptions that these people need