Valley Hope - Denver in Centennial, CO

7108 S. Alton Way
Centennial CO 80112

Valley Hope - Denver Philosophy

Valley Hope’s Denver addiction treatment center provides a comprehensive continuum of outpatient care that allows clients to transition smoothly into their new life of sobriety. The program is grounded in the disease concept of drug and alcohol addiction, and offers individualized treatment programs to accommodate every client. Family participation is always encouraged, and the facility aims to educate and offer a drug and alcohol treatment experience focused on healing as a family. Valley Hope has helped thousands of people (and their family members) find recovery and a new way of life.

• Six-week Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
    Denver Valley Hope offers a six-week Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) with morning and evening options. IOP is held Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings, from 8:30-11:30 am or Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 6-9 pm. The sessions include group therapy, family counseling, educational lectures and films, relapse prevention and 12 Step program work. In addition to the traditional IOP program, Denver Valley Hope offers our innovative AC/ESS online program which enables our patients to access high-quality professional counseling services at any time and from any location.

Individual Counseling

Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)

Family Outpatient and Continuing Care services

Donna

Community Services Clinician

Donna is the Community Services Clinician for Valley Hope’s Colorado continuum for alcohol, drug and related treatment services. Donna’s pilgrimage with Valley Hope began in 1999. She is a Marriage and Family Therapist and a Certified Addictions Counselor level III.

ABOUT VALLEY HOPE - DENVER

Founded in Norton, Kan. in 1967, Valley Hope offers treatment for adults struggling with substance abuse disorders through 16 facilities in seven states. The facility of Centennial, Colo., located 15 miles south of Denver, provides a six-week intensive outpatient program (IOP) to help clients sustain sobriety.. Although medical detox is not available on-site, the location does utilize medication-assisted therapy (MAT) to help minimize withdrawal symptoms.

Upon admission to Valley Hope, clients undergo an initial assessment to ensure the intensive outpatient program is an appropriate level of care. Consisting of three sessions per week over a six-week period, IOP involves group therapy, as well as psychoeducation, substance abuse classes, and individual therapy sessions.

Clients struggling with opioid dependency can participate in a medication-assisted therapy (MAT) program to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms. Valley Hope is part of the 20.6% of outpatient facilities in the U.S. that offers Suboxone treatment.

The program also introduces clients to the 12-step model of recovery. Clients may be encouraged to attend 12-step meetings, study fellowship literature, and perform associated step-work. Along with its core programming, Valley Hope also operates an extensive online program, which offers online IOP coursework that focuses on relapse prevention.

Loved ones are encouraged to participate in treatment through Valley Hope’s Family Care program. The program includes individual counseling for loved ones, family counseling, and multifamily group discussions. An interactive, lecture-based program for families is also available through Valley Hope’s online program. Once a client completes IOP, the individual is eligible to receive aftercare services for as long as needed.

Valley Hope of Denver employs substance abuse counselors and family and marriage therapists. To administer medication-assisted therapy, the facility may also consult with a physician experienced in addiction medicine. Valley Hope is part of the 19% of U.S. facilities that is accredited by the Joint Commission.

The two alumni that provided feedback about Valley Hope at the time of this writing provided polarized feedback. Offering a one-star rating for overall effectiveness, alum K.N.Z. wrote: "They treated me like I was a test subject, gave me an inexperienced intern who recited textbook definitions and didn't know how to actually help anyone." While the other alum noted satisfaction with their “life saving” mentor, they expressed dissatisfaction with the physical facility.

On the facility’s Facebook page, which it can manage, there is one five out of five-star review and a single one-star review.[1] Alum C.N., who gave one star, wrote “(An employee) violated hippa and client confidentiality. I was a former client and should not be brought up in conversation with new clients.” Alum R.K. gave five stars but did not provide additional commentary.

On Google, there is one five out of five-star review. [2] Alum R.M. was happy with her experience overall. “I had a great experience. Great counselors wonderful people all around.”

The single loved one that provided feedback to Rehabs.com about Valley Hope gave a mixed review, though gave four stars for treatment effectiveness. Although the loved one gave only one star for family participation and counseling options, they wrote: "Everyone was super friendly. I felt they treated everyone with respect which is important," though the loved one did feel some clients were "talked down to."

Valley Hope accepts most private insurance policies, including Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Magellan, Multiplan, Humana, and more. Payment plans and financing may be available to help those who are unable to pay for their treatment upfront.

[1]https://www.facebook.com/pg/valleyhopedenver/reviews/?ref=page_internal
[2]GoogleReviews

Published on July 2018

The mentor, was life changing for me. Strengths:Empathy. Weakness:Facility

Knz

Absolute worst place I've ever experienced. They treated me like I was a test subject, gave me an inexperienced intern who recited textbook definitions and didn't know how to actually help anyone. Once I went to outpatient, I got a counselor who judged and ridiculed me personally. About one third of the class, in the class all relapsed in the 3 weeks I was there and all she did was give them pity. As for me. One time and I was banned along with getting charged extra for services I did not get or agree to. I was singled out, humiliated, brought down, and I came out of treatment feeling the worst I've ever felt in my life due to the way they treated me. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE! honestly purchasing a storage unit and locking myself in there would have done me better and saved me from 1,000 of charges. . Do not be surprised if you use them and 2 years later they are asking for thousands or hundreds because "labs just came in". If you do give them a chance, I'm sorry you couldn't learn from my mistake. Worst company I've ever dealt with.

Easily accessible for us. Everyone was super friendly. I felt they treated everyone with respect which is important. Often times the one with the addiction is talked down to.