Valley Recovery Center in Newhall, CA

23304 Happy Valley Dr.
Newhall CA 91321

Valley Recovery Center Philosophy

Valley Recovery Center provides personalized treatment for men with addictions to alcohol, drugs, gambling, and more. We strive to provide our patients with a supportive environment and community, which comes naturally to us because we are family owned and operated. We also see how crucial it is for loved ones and families to be part of our patient’s recovery, because they are a vital part of the support system that those in recovery need to be able to turn to for help. When patients come to Valley Recovery Center, they see that they are part of a community dedicated to helping them achieve recovery.

In order for the treatment we provide to truly work, patients must be receptive to it and feel that it addresses their individual needs. We offer a variety of programs to meet those needs, including those with a spiritual focus, those that deal with patients’ behaviors and triggers, and 12-step programs. Patients will progress through these programs at their own pace, but the environment and treatment we provide is structured to ensure that they make progress. The treatment we provide is aimed at allowing clients to find the programs that really address their addiction experience and personal issues, and offering them a community that provides support and encouragement along the way.

Of course, treatment is only part of the recovery process. Our patients will need to return to their lives and be able to handle the challenges life throws at them while maintaining their sobriety. To help them with this, we offer programs that encourage them to develop life skills like applying to schools, building resumes, and more. We also offer many aftercare services that will provide them with support and care long after their residential treatment has ended.

• Individualized Treatment
    Some facilities have an addiction treatment protocol that all patients or clients are expected to follow, while others customize or individualize treatment based on a person’s unique needs and circumstances. Factors that may affect treatment decisions include age, lifestyle, medical conditions, type of drug, religious beliefs, etc.

• Detox
    Though not all rehab facilities offer “medical detoxification,” all people with an addiction to drugs or alcohol will experience intense physical and emotional changes and discomfort as their bodies react to withdrawal of the addictive substance. Many people use the term “detox” to refer to the period of time (ranging from a few days to a week) when the body is reacting to an addict’s decision to stop using.

Life Coaching

Massage Therapy

Friendly Environment

Brooklyn Cyr

Program Director

Brooklyn has been in the treatment industry for over 20 years with extensive experience in all treatment modalities. Working under some of the most revered psychiatrists in the nation, Brooklyn has been able to create a treatment model that centers around each individual clients needs. Her bubbly personality makes her really easy to get a long with and connect with.

Dr. Lawrence Leiter, M.D.

Addictionologist & Medical Director

Dr. Leiter is an amazing addictionologist who specializes in detox treatment. He see's our patients once a week, and on a daily basis if they are detoxing. His experience over the past 40 years has truly been an inspiration to our residents and staff.

ABOUT VALLEY RECOVERY CENTER

Located in the Santa Clarita community of Newhall, Calif., Valley Recovery Center provides residential treatment for adult men who are struggling with substance abuse, process addictions, and co-occurring mental health disorders. Medically monitored detox is offered on-site and, depending on their needs, clients may remain in treatment for 30, 60, or 90 days. The facility also offers customized aftercare services to program graduates.

Upon admission, clients receive an evaluation that includes a review of their medical history and their history of substance abuse. Valley Recovery Center staff use evaluation findings to create a personalized treatment plan.

Most clients begin their stay with a period of medically monitored detoxification, which is offered by about 16 percent of all California treatment facilities. Once stabilized, clients begin a tailored program designed to help them understand their addiction and take the necessary steps toward their recovery. Clients participate in a mix of one-on-one counseling, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), group counseling, family therapy, and 12-step groups. The center’s alternative therapies and holistic offerings include drama and music therapy, animal therapy, yoga, and meditation. Residents are also encouraged to exercise outdoors, as the area affords plenty of space for hiking and running.

Valley Recovery Center offers a staff-to-client ratio of 2:1, according to information provided by the facility. The treatment team consists of psychiatrists, psychologists, licensed therapists, registered nutritionists, a doctorate-level life coach, a clinical hypnotherapist, a Reiki teacher, an acupuncturist, a social worker, and other healthcare professionals. The center is one of the 182 (13.9 percent) of California treatment centers accredited by The Joint Commission.

Valley Recovery Center provides residents with an upscale, intimate recovery setting. With a total capacity of six residents, the facility offers private rooms in a home that features an outdoor pool, Jacuzzi, backyard barbeque, and common areas furnished with leather couches and fireplaces. The house is also pet friendly, and smoking is permitted in designated areas. A chef prepares meals daily and caters to clients who have dietary restrictions and preferences.

Nearly a dozen alumni polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing provided glowing reviews of their experiences at Valley Recovery Center. They praised everything from the center’s “compassionate” staff and extensive group therapy options to its relaxed environment and “variety of meals.” “The vibe is laid back and very friendly but make no mistake about it this is the real deal. I had three different therapists that I worked with not only one on one but also in groups,” Dan wrote in a representative review.

The two survey respondents polled by Rehabs.com to date gave five out of five stars for the center’s counseling options, its treatment for co-occurring disorders, its holistic offerings, the program’s family participation, and the staff’s level of training and experience. When asked how likely they were to recommend the facility to others, both alumni submitted five-star ratings.

Similarly, the two loved ones surveyed at the time of this writing told Rehabs.com that they would recommend Valley Recovery Center to others. Both respondents submitted mostly four and five out of five star ratings in nearly all 15 evaluated categories, including the program’s family participation, the center’s cleanliness, and the staff’s level of training and experience. One respondent characterized the program as “structured” and “balanced,” and both loved ones were complimentary of the facility’s staff. “Treated him like family when he was there which motivated him to stay clean because as he stated before he never felt more love then when someone showed they cared for his treatment,” D.A. wrote in their review.

Each of the four staff members polled by Rehabs.com at the time of this writing noted that they would recommend Valley Recovery Center’s program. The surveyed staff members praised their employer, the center’s programming, and their colleagues. “Experienced and well educated staff, Safe, clean and well maintained facility providing outstanding treatment. Valley Recovery Center provides individual and personalized treatment by their well-trained team of professionals,” Linda wrote in a representative review.

Treatment for co-occurring disorders: 4.5/5 stars

However, one respondent highlighted a high rate of staff turnover as one of the center’s weaknesses.

Treatment at Valley Recovery Center costs $1,200 per day, $40,000 per month, and $100,000 for the 90-day program, according to information provided by the facility. The facility is one of the 734 (56 percent) of California treatment facilities to accept major private insurance companies, including Aetna, United Healthcare, Cigna, and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. For eligible clients, financial assistance may cover up to 60 percent of the price of treatment.

Published on January 2018

VA

Couldn't finish the treatment.

DNA

facility has a lot of great counselors and a lot of one on one therapy and gives individual attention to all clients. the facility helped my brother find himself. The helped him find another roof over there head in a local sober living that allowed him to get continous out patient help and also treated him like family when he was there which motivated him to stay clean because as he stated before he never felt more love then when someone showed they cared for his treatment

SR

Loving faculty that show how much they care. Best treatment i could ever imagine saved my life! ! Wont find a better facility not a single complaint

KDL

There is always someone to talk to, when you are in need. Excellent staff, and accomidations. They feed you too much. And u get chubby. This facility changed my life. There are so many hollistic groups. Including, hypno-therapy. Art therapy. And my favorite music therapy. These groups made me feel like it was okay, and that i was safe to disclose trauma that occured in my life. Which was the route cause of why i had been using off and on, since the age of 16.

j.h

valley recovery center was unlike any other facility I have been at. Truly loving and compassionate treatment that felt like a home with a family and not a facility. amazing therapists and other alternative treatments with staff members that actually care and want the best for each client. I owe my new lease on life to this place and the people that got me in and supported me through my time with them.

Dan

If you are in need of help or concerned for someone that does I HIGHLY recommend this facility . I had been in inpatient treatment one time prior and this place is so much better than what I had experienced prior and it far exceeded my expectations . I did not want to come to in patient and I am so glad that I chose to come here . The vibe is laid back and very friendly but make no mistake about it this is the real deal. I had three different therapists that I worked with not only one on one but also in groups . All of them are top notch and provided not only amazing insights and healing but concrete and real strategies to stay clean prior to leaving . My counselor was as very great and really took interest in my success. Great food all day that was not only tasty but cooked from the heart. I just loved my stay here and feel that it is really a special place to get well and to really find solutions to transcend active addiction. One last thing that I have to mention , my family also got to participate in the process and also got great therapy .

Tyson

Was a wonderful staff who made every effort to support me during my recovery. The therapists are all top notch and were great to work with. Comfortable living and excellent chef who cooks a variety of meals.

mike

The staff really cared about me.. this was my 9th time in a treatment facilty. And this is my last time i really feel like this treatment cared about me. From the staff to the clients this place is awesome!!!

CR

Staff is cool and food is great. The program director is awesome.

bw

I've loved the staff, they all made my stay better than i could have hoped for. I'm looking forward to the rest of my recovery.

Lauren

Excellent screening of clients Wide variety of therapy options Schedule changes often High staff turn over All of the staff that work here are very much engaged in with each client, there is a lot of support. Everything is individualized to each client.

Brandon

This place has helped me drastically. My time at VRC was filled with learning experiences about myself, addiction, and the 12-step program. I left with a new lease on life and with hope for the future. Thank you VRC!

Brandon

This place really has helped me a lot with every aspect of recovery. Everyone here was fantastic staff and clients. I really feel like I got what i wanted from VRC.

Christine

We are a small, personable, effective treatment program that is set in a comfortable, home-like atmosphere. We include family and friends to insure that our client has strong support both during treatment and after discharge.

AW

The staff are amazing, facility is very clean and organized.

Linda

Experienced and well educated staff, Safe, clean and well maintained facility providing outstanding treatment. Valley Recovery Center provides individual and personalized treatment by their well-trained team of professionals. Clients receive 24 hour care in meeting the client right where they're at and throughout the entire treatment process in a beautiful, safe and comfortable facility which provides all the amenities.

LK

Strengths: clean, structured, balanced, good staff, strong support system, great management. If you are ready to seriously commit to recovery and tired of relapsing this facility can help you attain that goal. It will save your life.

Shawn

We moved my family member into Valley Recovery Center couple of months ago and we couldnt have asked for a better community and service. They provided 1on1 care and treatment. Really Great Team!!