Valley Recovery Center of California in Sacramento, CA

Call (888) 989-9690 to Contact Valley Recovery Center of California

2221 Fair Oaks Blvd.
Sacramento CA 95825

Valley Recovery Center of California Philosophy

Valley Recovery Center of California (VRCC) knows that no single addiction treatment is suitable for everyone, and works closely with each client to develop a personalized treatment plan that’s comprehensive and sustainable. The facility’s client-centered, whole-person approach to drug and alcohol addiction treatment introduces residents to new habits, rituals and wellness techniques in a safe and therapeutic environment. Offering a blend of traditional treatment values and evidence-based technologies, VRCC provides its clients with an array of tools and techniques to build a solid foundation for long-lasting recovery.

• Intensive Outpatient (IOP)
    Patients who undergo intensive outpatient treatment continue to live at home and sometimes go to school or work while participating in a highly structured treatment protocol that is focused on ending substance abuse. Programs vary in terms of how much treatment patients receive, how often and for how long. Some facilities design individualized intensive outpatient treatment programs.

Relapse Prevention

Community Meeting

Family Weekend

Brenda Cline LMFT, LAADAC, CADC II

Primary Therapist

Brenda brings extensive experience working in acute psychiatric setting with dually diagnosed adults. She brings over fifteen years experience in the treatment of chemical dependency, 10 years in trauma informed treatment, and 5 years working with eating disorders. She has providing training in Professional Ethics and Confidentiality, Adolescents, Raves and Club Drugs, Parenting, Gender Responsiveness and Trauma based treatment. Her most recent conference presentation was at the Native American School on Alcoholism and Other Drug Dependence in Albuquerque N.M.

ABOUT VALLEY RECOVERY CENTER OF CALIFORNIA

Valley Recovery Center of California, located in Sacramento, provides residential and outpatient services for adults struggling with substance abuse and co-occurring disorders, making it one of 720 (54.9 percent) of the state's treatment facilities to treat dual diagnosis.

For those in need of medical attention prior to starting treatment, detox is available on-site. Valley Recovery Center of California is one of 197 residential treatment facilities in California (just 15 percent of all facilities in the state) to offer medical detox.

Clients admitted to the residential program receive a bio-psycho-social evaluation to develop their individualized treatment plan. Treatment modalities include individual therapy, group therapy, family therapy, and 12-step meetings. Exercise, yoga, and therapeutic outings are also core components of the curriculum.

Upon graduating from the residential program, clients may attend the partial hospitalization program (PHP), which is an outpatient modality available in just 18.5 percent of treatment facilities in California. Individuals seeking more flexibility may benefit from the intensive outpatient program (IOP), which meets less frequently.

Valley Recovery Center’s Sober Living Environment offers additional support in a nearby location.

The treatment team includes clinicians trained in marriage and family counseling, licensed and master’s-level therapists, and other qualified professionals.

The treatment areas and sleeping quarters are cheerfully decorated. Both private and semi-private rooms are available. Residents can relax in the screened-in porch or lounge and take meals in the communal dining hall. Residents have access to a local gym twice per week, and may also participate in on-site yoga classes.

The majority of former clients polled by Rehabs.com to date (eight of out 13) gave Valley Recovery Center of California negative feedback. Common complaints included a lack of organization and one-on-one counseling, as well as unhelpful and disinterested staff. "This rehab didn't provide one on one counseling for the first two weeks I was there. Some of the staff was very helpful and nice. Unfortunately most didn't seem like they cared about you at all," wrote M.E. in a representative review.

However, one alum polled on specific metrics offered positive opinions, providing four- and five-star ratings for the facility's discharge planning, the staff's level of experience and training, and counseling options. "No judging, made me feel at home from day one," the alum wrote.

The rehab also fared poorly on secondary sites, earning an average rating of 2.1 out of five stars based on 19 Google reviews[1] and three out of five stars based on 28 Yelp reviews[2][3].

Most of the loved ones, four out of five, surveyed by Rehabs.com to date gave the rehab negative feedback. Complaints included poor management, lack of staff, confusing billing practices, and a lack of communication. "The place is understaffed and the employees seem to be untrained and overwhelmed for this type of work. The services that were supposed to be provided for recovery were slim to none due to (again) the lack of staffing," wrote R.C.T. in a representative review.

However, one alum polled on specific metrics gave the facility more moderate feedback, offering four-star ratings for the facility's level of family participation, counseling options, and the likelihood they recommend the facility, though added: "I would like more group therapy."

Valley Recovery Center of California is one of 734 (56 percent) of treatment facilities in the state that accepts most major private insurance plans, such as Aetna, Cigna, and Value Options.

[1]GoogleReviews
[2]https://www.yelp.com/biz/valley-recovery-center-of-california-sacramento-2?start=20
[3]https://www.yelp.com/notrecommendedreviews/valley-recovery-center-of-california-sacramento-2

Published on June 2019

Djo

I’ve never felt so supported or listened to with my anxiety and depression problems. Adjusting was a little rough at first, and insurance tried to deny me, but everybody worked on showing how much I needed to be here.

Ke

DO NOTTTT GO TO THAT PALCE OR SEND YOUR LOVED ONES OVER THERE. ITS A HORRIBLE PLACR TO BE IN.

Extremely positive experience at Valley, I was treated with respect and compassion from every member of the Valley staff, I was a little nervous about my stay and not sure what to expect? but after my meeting with my counselor, I felt at ease and completely comfortable, great group meetings to help you understand your addiction, several outside speakers came in that have overcome they’re addictions, very motivating and gave me hope that I could to. I would with no hesitation recommend Valley Recovery to anyone and I have, extremely clean facility and the food was off the charts.

Peter

Counselors have too much on their plates and staff are not trained. Don’t send your enemies here.

dk

Great treatment program with a caring staff. Not a huge treatment center

RCT

My daughter was there for 2 months and came out just as bad as when she went in, if not worse. The place is understaffed and the employees seem to be untrained and overwhelmed for this type of work. The services that were supposed to be provided for recovery were slim to none due to (again) the lack of staffing. Don't send anyone you love or know to Valley. When I read the terrible reviews, I was horrified that my daughter's therapist referred her to Valley. But, I was hoping for the best. Unfortunately, it turned out to be the worst recovery center she has ever attended. DO NOT SEND ANYONE TO VALLEY!!

VG

What a scam!! They pushed more pills at me for my opiate withdrawals! . Now I have to detox for a third time! First the opiates, then suboxone and now gabapentin! I only wanted to detox one time. Beware if you speak up about the staff. All of a sudden your insurance supposedly won’t pay and you are asked to leave. They are incompetent, unorganized and it was the most stressful place I have ever been! BEWARE

Malcolm

Amen. Our son relapsed after being kicked out of their SLE for 3 after 3 weeks. 3 week in rehab. 3 weeks in SLE. People with addictions are going to break rules. They kicked out 2 others from that one apartment all that same week. Supposedly, noise complaints and fraternizing. "Enough to make you relapse" is what our son said and that he did. He was still attached to the facility and not ready to leave. He watched one client after another get booted out for breaking a rule or relapsing. It's a money grab. The staff turnover is insane and the doctor on call, ineffective. Our son died less than three months after leaving. The opioid epidemic is exploding and Valley Recovery is one of those facilities rushing our love ones through. You have been forewarned.

Rick

This place has a 3% success rate. I went in, was there 12 days broke 3 rules and got kicked out. I went to every class, cooperated and was respectful. All the clients loved me. I'm not a bad dude. Just after I volunteered to be a speaker and told my story which was the hardest thing I've probably done and two days after I broke a rule they decide to kick me out without a phone call. My wife was an hour and 15 min. Away. They suck! Don't go there unless you have no other option. No compassion whatsoever. During visit they kept an eye on me. Couldn't enjoy my kids and wife. What do they expect from a person that needs help! I honestly think they weren't capable of helping me out. The only good thing I can say was the support I got from the other people in recovery. They where the best thing that happened to me. I got better talks and compassion from them. Not the staff. The staff made me feel like a criminal, they called me a shake, they gave me someone else's meds.

janet

strength:insurance network weakness:understaffed, allow drugs in because not adequately searched, no psychiatrist only doctor who over prescribes. Our son relapsed in this center because they let in inadequately screened and searched clients. He walked out of the facility with no explanation and they not only gave us inaccurate information as to what he had with him.

Rebecca

they stink! they admit patient with an insurance authorization then have the person in there 10+ days and come back with a \" oh your insurance isn\'t going to pay unless you pay a Cobra coverage at $700. a month. they will then bill for a month however my nephew wasn\'t admitted until 02/13/2017. and to date she goes into his room and dumps this in him that oh your gonna be responsible for $1000. a day , doctors fees and pharmacy. those are extra charges also. all in all, the stink. really who tells a young man that lost his job to alcohol abuse 10 days into detox that he must pay or go home....

ABS

I enjoyed my stay at Valley, actually. While you cannot please ALL individuals, I personally had a very positive experience here. The best part was the clients - the people you see day in and day out, day and night. The staff were very good, but with any medical facility, you will have your \'stars\' and your \'duds\'. I do not know the internal workings of Valley, but staff seem to be pretty happy here. During my 45 days at Valley, I did see some turnover, so I\'m sure some staff left due to their own personal issues with the place. The food was decent - 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. I\'d say 17 out of 21 meals were great. Just a handful (no pun intended) of the meals were \"yuck\" and you were given the opportunity to hand in a \"meal pass\" to substitute that day\'s lunch or dinner with something like a sandwich, hamburger, etc. There was a lot of downtime here. I personally had my guitar brought in to the facility by a friend, so I had something to do in this downtime. There\'s only so much I can read and work on \'homework\' during this downtime. So I sharpened my guitar skills in my copious amounts of spare time! Tons of people here smoked. I\'m not a smoker, and staying inside was what I did 95% of the time. I asked someone (whom was not a regular smoker) why they smoked at Valley. Their answer: because it\'s something to do. The groups were quite good, I thought. I particularly enjoyed the men\'s groups. It\'s a fantastic way to get to know each other on a very personal level. And in rehab, it\'s OK to cry and show your emotions, regardless of your gender. I liked that. Overall, I enjoyed Valley quite a lot. I would recommend it to a family member or friend. But just know this: rehab works only if YOU want it to work. Don\'t expect to go to rehab and magically be \'cured\' of your addiction. You have to WANT to be free from the demons of your addiction(s). Only then will the program *work*.

Venicia

...too much favoritism to white clients, I felt totally un cared for and ignore on many occasions.

they work with you one on one the meals and nutrition could be better I would like more group therapy

G. T.

...no cultural diversity.

M E

This rehab didn\'t provide one on one counseling for the first two weeks I was there. Some of the staff was very helpful and nice. Unfortunately most didn\'t seem like they cared about you at all. My last week there they took in so many clients that you couldn\'t talk to any therapist. So far in my recovery I have made huge progress, but would loo, around to other facilities first.

Paul

My son has done three stints at Valley. Even though the first two times failed He insisted on returning. So haven been back three time in about 13 months I see not one familiar face. My wife has left multiple messages and they just cant seem to find the time to reply. My savings account is now non existent and the plan Dr. now wants my son to pay cash.. Who gives an addict cash?????? I am super frustrated that now I may have to drive 3 hours to Sacramento just to have a conversation with them. It seems that is the case, See you Friday June 17th.

Samantha

D- rating with BBB. This rehab does not provide the treatment it promises on the website. People in recovery need to develop coping skills, relapse prevention awareness and planning, understand and manage triggers/cravings...all claims on the website. Countless others express their VRC experience, and how they left un equipped with the skills they needed. One man is who you are to go in these issues, and you will NEVER hear from him. The sad thing is this is facility will never be accountable for not providing its clients with the essential tools necessary to stay sober. Of the countless other Valley Recovery Center clients who left the program and went back to using, relapses.... It\'s all the clients fault. Valley Recovery Center will never be held responsible for the damage caused by a lack of patient care and providing appropriate recovery skills education and planning. To Valley Recovery Center: Adhering to your own philosophy and actually providing the services/treatment listed, which vulnerable people with addiction so desperate to recover seek, could really save lives. There is a reason you have not even one positive yelp review, or other reviews on other websites, and a D- rating with the Better Business Bureau. If only there was a way to open your eyes to see the damage caused by your program and how it is negatively impacted those who have attended… That probably wouldn\'t even make a difference considering you can\'t even return a phone call. You can sweep a problem under the rug for only so long before it becomes exposed for all to see, and light will be shed for the public to be exposed to that hurt caused rather than healing. At least if your facility was shut down, people facing addiction would stop being negatively impacted by attending your program and have the possibility to attend a true rehabilitative center that adheres to its own philosophy and upholds ethical values. You truly had the opportunity to help people, and despite the denial of feeling your services are appropriate, ask yourself where did you lose sight and what could you have done differently? We entrusted you with the help of rebuilding a new life of recovery, we looked to you to support and educate us on how to recover. Now we are left with an immense debt, and a lack of a essential skills to live a life of recovery.

They don't judge; they made me feel at home from day one. I just loved how I was treated with respect right out of the gate.