Valor Behavioral Healthcare: Addiction Treatment Center in Scottsdale, AZ

Call (888) 474-6298 to Contact Valor Behavioral Healthcare: Addiction Treatment Center

(5 of 5)
6613 N. Scottsdale Rd. Ste 200
Scottsdale AZ 85250

Valor Behavioral Healthcare: Addiction Treatment Center Philosophy

VALOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE is a full-service, long-term substance abuse treatment facility located in the heart of Scottsdale, AZ. Valor provides a unique approach to recovery focusing on drug and alcohol addiction along with a specialization in dual diagnosis patients suffering from other mental health disorders. We offer powerful and effective methods of treatment for those suffering from substance abuse disorder.
Our main goal is to offer our clients an upscale, safe and structured environment while providing them with support, respect, inspiration and a sense of belonging. We focus on the importance of education and empowerment to not only the suffering addict but the families who are also affected by addiction; with the purpose of reuniting them with their loved ones, leading them on a path of harmony, serenity, and a well-balanced life.
At valor, we understand the importance of individuality. Although we run a very well structured program we allow room for individuality for each and every client. We clearly identify the needs of each individual by assessing various aspects of their life, such as addiction patterns, external factors, client’s intentions, etc., so that we may ensure effective personal growth as well as a positive and successful recovery.
Valor’s primary mission is to provide our clients with relapse prevention tools and give them the support needed to manage their long-term sobriety.
We hold our client’s life and future to high standards. We focus on preparing them for a positive and healthy life outside of recovery and actively work with them to become contributing members of society.

• Holistic Therapy
    Facilities that offer “holistic therapy” see and treat patients in the context of their entire lives and health status. They treat the “whole person,” not just the addiction.

• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
    EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.

Food and Transportation Included

Upscale, State-of-the-Art Treatment Center

Psychiatrist on Staff

Dr. Karen Kando

Dr. Reyes Topete, M.D.

Addictionoligist

Dr. Reyes is a Board Certified Addictionologist through the American Society of Addiction Medicine. He is an expert at Medical Stabilization, Ambulatory Care and Urgent Care. He completed his residency at St. Joseph Hospital and Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ and has been in the field for over 20 years.

He currently provides detoxification and addiction related services at several other facilities in the Valley including Aurora Behavioral Health and St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center, among others.

Dr. Topete understands his patient’s individual needs and dedicates himself to giving them the best, safest and most appropriate care. He is committed to having open communication with referring professionals and the clinical team so that everyone is on the same page for our clients healing process.

Dr. Cho Long Kim

Medical Director

Dr. Kim is a Naturopathic Medical Doctor and a Primary Care Physician licensed in the state of Arizona. Dr. Kim earned her Doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine in Tempe, AZ. Her medical training encompassed an extensive curriculum that elegantly merged every aspect of conventional and ancient natural medical practices. Her clinical experience has been intensely involved with addiction medicine and recovery since 2006. Since being out in practice, Dr. Kim has held multiple medical directorships and is honored to serve as a member of Valor Behavioral Healthcare to assist those in need of detox prior to treatment, as well as help clients with any medical conditions while under the care of Valor Behavioral Healthcare.​ Prior to medical school, she earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry from The University of California, Riverside. Her scope of practice has included Environmental Medicine, Pharmacology, Minor Surgery, Homeopathy, Nutrition, Acupuncture, Botanical Medicine, and Physical Manipulation. She utilizes a combination of naturopathic and allopathic modalities to support the healing process already occurring in our divine bodies.​

ABOUT VALOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTHCARE: ADDICTION TREATMENT CENTER

Based in the desert of Scottsdale, Ariz., Valor Behavioral Healthcare provides comprehensive programs for individuals struggling with addiction and co-occurring disorders. This high-end, state-of-the-art treatment facility provides a long-term residential program, intensive outpatient (IOP) track, family program, and aftercare support. It also offers inpatient medically-managed detox services.

The rehab uses conventional medicine and holistic techniques for patients who require detox. Individuals stay in the eight-bed inpatient detox unit for three to seven days. Aftercare planning may encompass career planning, job placement, assistance with living situations/sober living, and different levels of care at the facility.

Residential patients stay a minimum of 90 days, though treatment may last for up to one year. Participants receive daily transportation to the nearby treatment center where they attend therapy sessions alongside IOP clients, who return home at night.

In addition to 12-Step meetings and group sessions that focus on relapse prevention, anger management, and addiction education, clients attend weekly individual therapy with an assigned, master’s level therapist for evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EDMR). Residents receive life coaching and career guidance, and trained medical staff conduct psychological evaluations and administer medication. Holistic opportunities include yoga, meditation, acupuncture, equine therapy, and addiction-based art and music therapy.

A robust family program includes groups, therapy, and education. Both residential and IOP graduates have access to extensive aftercare support .

Led by an M.D. who specializes in naturopathic medicine, the treatment team comprises a board-certified addictionologist, psychiatrist, licensed professional counselor, case manager, and others.

Valor Behavioral houses up to 18 clients in high-end residential homes. Residents sleep in comfortable, full-size beds and receive clean linens and sheets. Amenities include a stocked kitchen, washer/dryer, built-in BBQ, pool with waterfall, hot tub, and fire pit.

Therapy is supplemented by daily visits to the gym and weekly trips to ballgames, movies, or theme parks. Clients undergo random drug and alcohol testing and perform daily chores to maintain their living space.

Two alumni, to date, who reviewed the facility for Rehabs.com provided positive feedback. Both gave perfect five-star ratings for overall effectiveness of treatment, accommodations, and meals.

Meg praised the staff, treatment modalities, and caring. She wanted Rehabs.com to know: “I felt so comfortable with the staff and the other residents, which allowed me to heal physically, mentally and emotionally.” This was a life-changing experience for Meg: “I think about Valor everyday and will remain forever connected to them for saving my life and for restoring the love and joy that had gone amiss.”

Chris commended the staff and physical setting and told Rehabs.com: “I completed Valor Behavioral's 90-day program and have remained sober ever since. The staff at Valor is top notch and their facilities are extremely nice and clean at all time” and added: “I would recommend Valor to anyone needing treatment. Overall I had a great experience.”

To date, the three loved ones who reviewed the facility, similar to alumni, gave perfect five stars to overall effectiveness, accommodations, and meals. They all would recommend the rehab.

Loved ones praised the staff, physical facility, and support. Andrea told Rehabs.com about her son’s experience: “He needed a place with a structured program, a foundation based on honesty and values but also somewhere he could feel safe. When we found Valor Behavioral Healthcare we knew we found something special.”

J.T. wanted Rehabs.com to know: “The staff is trained and very professional. The houses are very nice and well maintained.” And Katie reported: “They have been there for us and our son through this process and have done everything they said they would. We’ve been to other facilities and none of them compare to Valor.”

The center accepts private insurance, such as Aetna, Cigna, Health Net, Humana, UnitedHealthcare.

Published on June 2017

If you are suffering from an addiction, you need to suffer no longer. I hit rock bottom and knew it was time to seek help. I was driven to despair.Having never been to rehab before, I didn’t know where to start. My family and I spent many hours researching numerous treatment facilities. I found Valor and decided to call with some questions and was encouraged by their Mind, Body, and Spirit approach. During that phone call, I felt so much empathy and compassion that it gave me hope that I could maybe live normally again, even though I could not fathom a life without alcohol. I scheduled a visit for the next morning. I was so impressed with the staff’s credentials, the variety of treatment modalities and the warmth and friendliness of everyone! The office feels like a home, not a facility. I decided to make the commitment. Through the course of my care, I received many hours of Group and Individual therapy, Medical doctor visits, Psychiatric evaluations, Acupuncture, Meditation, Cranial-Sacral therapy, Art/Music Therapy, Equine Therapy, Educational Groups, 12-step Meetings, Gym Sessions, Housing, Meals, Weekend Outings and Life Coaching. I felt so comfortable with the staff and the other residents, which allowed me to heal physically, mentally and emotionally. I think about Valor everyday and will remain forever connected to them for saving my life and for restoring the love and joy that had gone amiss. They really do care. Currently, I am living a happy and fulfilling life that I look forward to everyday!

My son has struggled with addiction for over 15 years. He has been in a and out of treatment centers 6 times since he began using and needless to say, It has been very hard on the entire family. Recently, he hit his rock bottom (again) and needed serious help with his addiction. Even though we have lost so much because of his drug use and have told him time and time again that we were done helping, my husband and I decided to help him one last time. We knew he needed something different this go around. He needed a place with a structured program, a foundation based on honesty and values but also somewhere he could feel safe. When we found Valor Behavioral Healthcare we knew we found something special. We were taken back by the hospitably and compassion the staff members exuded. Everyone was (and still are) so kind and caring to us and our son. The facility is impeccably clean and as beautiful as a model home ready for purchase. They gave us a detailed run down of their program and we were beyond impressed with the extensive list of services they offer. They even offer a program that helps them plan for their exit back into the real world; setting them up with a plan, job and a place to live. Our sons favorite services are Equine therapy, yoga, cranial sacral polarity and his group sessions. At first we thought, "Yes it sounds amazing on paper but we've encountered this before. Once our son enters the program we are going to hear all negative things about this place and he wont want to stay for more than a week." We were wrong. Its been a couple of months and our son is doing so well and hasn't sounded this happy and clear since he was a teenager! He tells us how grateful he is for the friendships and support he is building with the others in treatment, he raves about how comfortable and wonderful the house is and how his therapists truly care about each person and take time to help them through their struggles. Our family couldn't be happier and we are all finally getting some rest at night!! We are incredibly grateful for everything Valor is doing for our son! We would recommend Valor Behavioral Healthcare to any one who struggling with this horrible disease!

One of my family members was involved with this center. The main facility is new and well-appointed and is 2nd to none. Many other facilities are old and tired. The staff is trained and very professional. The houses are very nice and well maintained. I would highly recommend that if you have a family member who could use the services of Valor that you talk with them and go visit their facilities and see for yourself.

When we were looking for treatment for our son who is an alcoholic we were thrilled to find Valor. It is a beautiful facility with an amazing staff who truly cared about our son and his recovery. They have been there for us and our son through this process and have done everything they said they would. We've been to other facilities and none of them compare to Valor. We would highly recommend Valor to anyone seeking recovery.

I completed Valor Behavioral's 90-day program and have remained sober ever since. The staff at Valor is top notch and their facilities are extremely nice and clean at all times. I entered treatment in a bad place but quickly got comfortable and it truly felt like a home. I would recommend Valor to anyone needing treatment. Overall I had a great experience.

Scottsdale Recovery Center