Victory Bay Recovery Center in Laurel Springs, NJ

Call (888) 445-0098 to Contact Victory Bay Recovery Center

1395 Chews Landing Road
Laurel Springs NJ 08021

Victory Bay Recovery Center Philosophy

We are you. People seeking Recovery want hope. And results. They want to know the people they are entrusting their lives to understand what they’ve been through and what they are going through now. They don’t want empathy or sympathy. They want understanding and a program that works.
We’ve walked in your shoes. We’ve lied, cheated, stole, broke the law, manipulated, complicated, and frustrated families, friends, and ourselves. But we also got up and tried again. And again. We know the desperation. We’ve cried the same tears of hopelessness, disappointment, and fear. But we found hope with long term Recovery. And we hold onto it with dear life. We can help you get through it because we’ve been through it. We know Recovery because we live Recovery. Every second of every day.

• Intensive Outpatient
    IOP is the level of care that is provided after Partial Care. While Partial Care mandates group therapy five days a week, IOP group therapy sessions can be held as little as 2 days a week. We even offer nighttime sessions to accommodate busy schedules. While in IOP, it is common that a person will be working a part time job or going to school. IOP schedules can be very flexible, allowing each person to work their personal life around their therapy. Commonly, a person will still be going to IOP when they are a resident in a sober living home. Rather than being spit right back into life with a few coping skills, IOP creates a smooth transition from treatment to full time work or school.

• Traction Recovery System
    Victory Bay has implemented the powerful and intuitive Traction Recovery System© (TRS) a trauma focused clinical program. Recognizing the intricate role that trauma experiences have on individuals with substance use disorders, Victory Bay offers trauma informed care from our first contact with an individual. TRS combines evidenced based addiction treatment with the latest information and clinical practices of trauma treatment. The unification of these two powerful treatment philosophies combined with important aspects of the 12-Steps allow for better support and holistic care of the individuals we serve. The Traction Recovery System offers each client the best opportunity to learn the skills and intimately understand the addiction process to pursue their individualized path of long term sobriety, recovery, and healing.

12-Step & evidence based practices

Comfortable & clean environment

Dual diagnosis

AJ Solomon

Co-Founder

At Victory Bay Recovery, helping people to acquire and maintain sobriety is a true blessing for AJ Solomon. Growing up in South Jersey and graduating from University of Pittsburgh with a Bachelors of Arts, AJ had an internship with US Senator Patrick Toomey. Then, while working for the Advance Team for New Jersey Governor Christie, he found himself struggling with addiction. He talks about how his life was saved because he attended treatment and was introduced to a new way of life. AJ credits his determination, his willingness to change his entire value system, plus great sponsorship, as big components in his recovery. It was through recovery that he realized it was the first thing that he was truly passionate about and his path for helping people was forged. As Co-Founder of Victory Bay Recovery Center, AJ now is blessed to be able to help others struggling with addiction.

Erin K. Swinney, LPC, ACS

Clinical Director

The driving force in Erin’s clinical perspective is a commitment to instilling hope and confidence in the individuals she meets. She believes in treatment programs focused on building community and support in a world where increasing isolation leaves many believing they are lost. Erin obtained a MS in Counseling and Clinical Health Psychology from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Her training is certified in the evidenced-based practices of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and enhanced by holistic assessment. She began her career working with at-risk youth and families struggling with both mental illness and addictions. After several years of providing interventions, she turned her focus to working with adults. She has provided individual, couples, family, and group therapy to individuals with a broad-spectrum of diagnoses and personal struggles. Erin carries her strong clinical intuition and passion to support others into managerial and program development. She is a believer in leading by example who uses her energy to inspire comprehensive, compassionate care. Erin is excited to be a part of Victory Bay and an influencer on how individuals and families struggling with addiction are cared for.

ABOUT VICTORY BAY RECOVERY CENTER

Located in a quiet, primarily residential neighborhood in New Jersey, about 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, Victory Bay offers outpatient treatment at several intensities for individuals seeking treatment for substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Detox is not available.

All programs are based on the medical model combined with the 12 Steps. Modalities in use include individual, group, and family therapy, as well as psychoeducational groups. All of the treatment options operate on a trauma-informed model with group therapy being the primary method of treatment.

The facility uses holistic treatment options as well. These include life skills groups, classes on nutrition and healthy living, art and music therapy. The facility uses evidence-based counseling methods including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Clients can participate in gender-specific groups. These groups use trauma-informed methods to address the specific needs of men and women respectively. In New Jersey, 213 (61.9 percent) of the treatment facilities have programs specifically for women while 195 (56.7 percent) have programs just for men.

Treatment options include partial care (PC), an intensive outpatient program (IOP), and general outpatient care. The PC involves at least 20 hours per week of programming per week, and lasts six to eight weeks, while the IOP involves at least nine hours per week, focuses primarily on relapse prevention, and lasts six to 12 weeks. The general outpatient care lasts a minimum of four weeks and involves four to six hours of treatment per week.

Victory Bay maintains contact with clients “on an intermittent basis” after treatment, to ensure continued sobriety, and recommends that clients continue to participate in 12-step programs as part of an extended care program.

Psychiatric assessments are provided by a psychiatrist employed on a consulting basis. Otherwise, the staff consists of master's level licensed and certified clinicians. Victory Bay is one of New Jersey’s 66 (19.2 percent) facilities that are accredited by the Joint Commission.

At the time of this writing, 28 alumni provided feedback to Rehabs.com about the Victory Bay Recovery Center, with six alumni submitting surveys about their experience. Nearly all of the alumni feedback was positive, with a strong focus on the beautiful surroundings one alum went as far as to call a “sanctuary” to the highly effective staff members.

Family Participation: 5/5
Cleanliness: 5/5
Counseling Options: 5/5
Affordability: 5/5

On Facebook, where the facility can manage its page, Victory Bay Recovery Center has an average rating of 4.8 out of five stars from 61 reviews to date.[1] Alumni provided positive feedback about the “amazing” staff, the “12-step involvement”, and its effectiveness. On Google, Victory Bay Recovery Center has a maximum five-star rating from 41 reviews.[2] On Yelp, two reviewers gave the facility perfect five-star ratings.[3]

WHAT FRIENDS AND FAMILY SAY

To date, one loved one gave very positive feedback to Rehabs.com about Victory Bay, including five out of five stars for professionalism, counseling options, staff availability, and facility maintenance. The loved one described the treatment program as a “solid foundation” for those in recovery.

The single staff member of Victory Bay polled to date gave a fairly positive review of his experience. John noted how the facility had “an overall passion for creating the best experience for their clients” and how staff had access to “continued trainings.”

Victory Bay accepts private pay and private insurance plans. The center also offers a sliding fee scale for uninsured clients, which only 253 (73.5 percent) facilities in the state accept.

[1] https://www.facebook.com/pg/victorybayrecovery/reviews/
[3] https://www.yelp.com/biz/victory-bay-recovery-center-laurel-springs

Published on April 2019

Although the change has to come from within VBRC has shown, and given me, all the tools necessary in realizing my full potential. They have encouraged me in all the positive aspects of my life but have not catered to the negative ones. Even though it's been a bumby and confusing ride (as trying to get and stay clean always is) they have never turned their backs on me. Being alone and far from home can be terrifying, however, I've never felt more loved and welcome than I have in this program, a home away from home. This is personal to them. The bumby ride progressively got smoother and I am now graduating the program today and coming up on 9 months sober. I feel free and full of ambitions and dreams, something I have never been able to say or experience in my entire life. It is incredibly exciting. I owe an immense part of that to them. When I asked what I could do to show some sort of gratitude for this service. I was told to go help someone else who's struggling. And that's really what this whole thing is all about to them. Thanks guys, I know we'll stay in touch!

Victory Bay treatment center provided the recovery sanctuary necessary to heal and acquire a strong foothold on the path to long term sobriety. While residing at victory Bay my 18 year old daughter received the support of their recovery community and individual counseling. needed to create new healthy coping and living skills. With the guidance of the program at victory bay my daughter has had the opportunity to discover herself and uncover a desire to live a life she never knew existed. After completing the program I received a phone call from her that sums up the potential for success " Hi mom, I just want to let you know how happy I am, I never knew I could feel this way . I was so sick I didn't realize it , I just didn't care about anything, I now have a desire to live to have dreams and goals I want to achieve. I'm so sorry that I was so awful to you , thank you for loving me . I love you so much." thank you Victory Bay for restoring.my child's life.

I am very impressed with Victory Bay Recovery across the board, starting with inception on day one when my son first went there and all the way through the treatment process which in our case includes IOP and sober living housing. They made the whole onboarding process so easy at a time when our stress levels were so heightened. The team there is always accessible and at all levels. Even on our first day one if the founders sat down with us to talk and it helped. his therapist has been tremendous and "always" there to discuss things and to help ensure a successful outcome. She always seems to have the right balance of care, understanding, and directness to ensure the things that matter are heard and absorbed my the clients. Vic Bay's approach to treatment and the methodologies applied just works! And my son is now 6 months sober and one of the youngest clients there. I'm sincerely grateful to this facility and the many individuals that work together to make success stories which I know my son is and will continue to be one of their successes.

I have been working at Victory Bay from the beginning and have found from the top down an overall passion for creating the best experience for their clients. From the continued trainings offered to staff and the new and focused approach on how they direct their treatment. I do not believe there is any other place that has that kind of care and motivation to helping clients. A diverse staff with low caseloads, and the ability to offer extended aftercare for the clients. Currently no nurse on staff. At this time it is outsourced to a Dr. In the community.

Awesome place!

If it wasn't for Victory Bay's patients, staff, and care; I wouldn't be where I am at today with 7 months and more to come. I'm am thankful for the strength and guidance they have given me to become the person I never thought I could achieve.

Awesome place, literally saved my life. Chris and AJ would do anything for their clients to keep them safe and to ensure they have the tools needed to succeed in recovery and in life. Along with all their clinical and legistics staff.

Hands down one of the best treatment centers in New Jersey. The owners/staff truly care about your well-being and push you to be a better person each day! I would recommend this place to anyone struggling with addiction because they know what they are doing.

My son went there, he said it was horrific. There was a house full of kids who have been there in and out for months. They tried hitting me for 150 dollars a week for rent but his roommates didn’t have to pay? I’m confused. The one house manager would sleep out on The Weeknd’s and leave them on there own. He is at sobriety solutions now in Blackwood and I would recommend that for your loved one.

Eat food, go to crappy groups ran by whoever gets picked , go back home and relapse. They put you on 5 days a week and take your phone two weeks and then you go back to 3 days a week. The cycle continues..

House mangers were cool for the most part except the one at my house, lanky guy who claimed to Be a veteran and got off on bossing ya around.

Some of the most immature staff I have ever seen, they all disrespect each other and try to get each other in trouble and tell the clients about it. Very sad what has happened to these guys they are really going downhill fast.

They give us a lot of food, once insurance is up they kick you out on to the street. Place is taking a turn for the worst ... and they told me I can’t come back , thank god. They will figure a way to delete this I’m sure. That’s all true too. The IOP is good and has good Counsler’s .

I came to Victory Bay from a Google search and it was the best thing I ever got from Google.

Victory Bay is full of great employees who genuinely care about your well being and want whats best for you. The clinical staff members are very knowledgeable and keep pushing you to be the best that you can be. The house managers care and always try to help where they can and hold everyone accountable for their actions and teach responsibility.

Victory Bay employs a wonderful staff that are all focused on recovery and demonstrate a genuine concern for the holistic well-being of all clients. Any and all personal needs are accommodated above and beyond to ensure everyone has everything they need to work on themselves, so that they can establish a foundation for the rest of their sober lives. Victory Bay has done more for me personally than any other facility/support network/clinical staffing has ever done before. I highly recommend Victory Bay for anyone interested in IOP, Sober Living, PHP, or OP.

Overall they treated me as family and were very professional. They cared for my well being and I would recommend this place to anyone trying to recover and live a better life. By far the best treatment center I've ever been to.

I have been to numerous treatment centers, but none have been as effective as Victory Bay. From the very beginning of my stay, they were nothing but supportive. The staff kept close to me and kept me on the right track to the best of their ability. I was made to feel comfortable enough to stay; however, I was also pushed to better myself and work towards the person I had forgotten I could be. The focus on not just my drug use issues, but my family and emotional issues as well, was tremendously helpful. They go hand in hand which was hard for me to see before and had always stunted me in my recovery. I certainly fought every step of the way and it was not easy, but Victory Bay did not give up on me. They played a crucial role in kick-starting my recovery, and I absolutely would not be where I am today had I not attended their treatment facility.

i love victory bay, the staff here is amazing, they treat you with respect and truly care about your feelings.

victory bay helped me get my life together got me involved with a 12 step fellowship and helped set me up for my future great staff that cares about my and your well being I highly recommend this facilty to family and friends

Best treatment center ever! With a lot of help from them and cooperation from myself I am starting to see what an improved, happy, healthy life looks like!

The Victory Bay staff consistently goes above and beyond to be supportive to clients and their families. They are professional, warm, welcoming and quick to respond to individual needs. We are very impressed by the level of care our loved one has received and how open the staff is to family involvement. You will sleep well knowing your loved one is in treatment with Victory Bay.

Victory Bay has made my transition to a better way of life fun, educational, and an all around freeing experience. The counselors have all the knowledge it takes to guide me in my recovery. With a wide variety of therapeutic group counseling, one on one sessions, and life skills, my awareness of the disease of addiction and progress towards correcting my old behaviors has sky-rocketed. When I first met the staff members, I didn't feel like I was going into treatment. I felt like I was welcomed into a whole other family of recovering addicts and alcoholics with nothing but love and tolerance. When it comes down to it, if you're looking for structure, guidance, a spiritual experience, and a new way of life lead by caring professionals, you will find it all and much more at Victory Bay.

Victory Bay is an amazing place, with a great staff that will go above and beyond to meet its client's needs.

Victory Bay Recovery Center has a knowledgeable, welcoming staff who truly care about each individual client. The center is a safe environment that is clean, comfortable and positive. Great communication and involvement, the clinical staff provides individualized treatment to each client. The staff at Victory Bay really go the extra mile to make sure every client is well taken care of. I would highly recommend this treatment center to anyone suffering from addiction or dual diagnosis!

Strengths:Strong Recovery Environment Cleanliness Supportive Staff Close Monitoring 12-step based Recovery Model Extracurricular Activities Weakness:Organization and Time Management My experience with this facility was great. Everything I expected from them I received. I recommend it to anyone who has a strong desire to cease substance abuse once and for all and is willing to engage in life-changing behaviors to adjust their outlook on life and gain a healthy perspective on themselves.

Victory Bay has such an awesome clinical program focused on trauma and it has made such an amazing difference for our loved one (my brother). Please do what it takes for your family member as it is worth that chance. The staff makes all the difference and we cannot thank them enough!

Staff and owner are very supportive and genuinely care about the well-being of their residents. Outside activities and meetings make for less monotony throughout the day. Housing is quite comfortable and there is an abundance of food. I can't think of any complaints thus far throughout my stay here. They had one counselor that was kind of boring but i think they got rid of him and was replaced immediately with a dude who is awesome. Close knit sober community with a lot of outside support. My transition from in-patient to their sober living was smooth and comfortable.

I highly recommend Victory Bay Recovery Center for anyone suffering from addiction. The staff is amazing, they truly care about each client and making a difference. Victory Bay's model is different than anything in this area making the treatment experience unique. Knowing so many loved ones that have tried and failed the standard outpatient substance abuse treatment model, Victory Bay brings relief knowing that there is another option and it's right here in South Jersey! I think we will see big things from this recovery center in the future as they grow and continue to save lives!

They have a robust and individualized treatment schedule. The staff, especially the ownership, was compassionate and involved in the care I received. My after care planning was done far in advance and made me feel confident that I could leave and be successful. I would suggest Victory Bay to anyone suffering with alcoholism or addiction. Of all the places I have received treatment, Victory Bay was definitely the most comprehensive and beneficial.