Warwick Manor Behavioral Health, Inc. in East New Market, MD

Call (410) 943-8108 to Contact Warwick Manor Behavioral Health, Inc.

3680 Warwick Road
East New Market MD 21631

Warwick Manor Behavioral Health, Inc. Philosophy

Outpatient, Dual Diagnosis/ Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

Art Therapy
Guided Imagery
Co-Occurring Treatment

ABOUT WARWICK MANOR BEHAVIORAL HEALTH

Located around 10 miles outside of Cambridge, Md., Warwick Manor Behavioral Health (WMBH) offers inpatient treatment, outpatient care, and a partial hospitalization program (PHP) for adults struggling with addiction and co-occurring mental health disorders. Medically-assisted detox services are also available on-site.

Warwick Manor accepts clients referred from various sources, including health professionals, courts, and social services. All clients are assessed upon admission to determine the appropriate level of treatment. According to the facility’s website, Warwick manor “uses a public health approach to reduce risk factors as a means of treating addictive disease and mental health disorders.”

The facility uses a centralized case management system in order to ensure comprehensive, individualized treatment. Treatment includes individual and group therapy, relapse prevention, art therapy, guided imagery, and recovery skills groups. Psychiatric evaluations, medication management, and medication-assisted treatment with Suboxone and methadone are also available.

There is currently no information provided by Warwick Manor regarding its treatment staff. Three alumni polled by Rehabs.com rated staff's level of experience and training an average three out of five stars, and several other respondents gave positive remarks about staff.

Warwick Manor is set in a serene environment on the banks of the Warwick and Choptank Rivers. Several alumni polled referenced the beautiful setting of the facility. At the time of this writing, five out of six alumni polled gave the facility’s accommodations and amenities four out of five stars and most alumni gave four or five stars for the the meals and nutrition offered.

Of eleven alumni polled by Rehabs.com to date, seven gave positive reviews, three negative, and one mixed, with an average recommendation of 3.7 out of five stars for Warwick Manor. Alumni rated both the facility's meals and nutrition and accommodations and amenities highly, at an average 3.9 and 4.1 out of five stars, respectively and approximately. Eight alumni polled on further metrics also rated its exercise and leisure options and visitor policy highly, with several four- and five-star ratings. Connectivity and counseling options rated lowly, with only two- and three-star ratings.

In comments, alumni mostly felt staff was competent and compassionate, though negative reviewers tended to feel differently. Alum Jackie wrote: "Groups from 9am to 9pm 7 days a week was a strength of the facility." However, many reviewers noted that treatment for co-occurring disorders needed improvement. Alum K.R. wrote: " NEVER met with anyone in Mental health although they knew I was also dealing with Bipolar and depression as well as heroin detox."

The one loved one polled by Rehabs.com to date left a negative review, rating Warwick Manor only one out of five stars in every category. Loved one J.P. complained of rude treatment from staff while visiting their little sister. They wrote: "So just wanted to show how the staff treats patients whom they call junkies and their family whom they isolate from their loved ones. Also the place is filthy."

According to the facility’s website, WMBH accepts most commercial insurance plans, along with Maryland and Delaware Medicaid. Self payment options are available.

Published on February 2018

I am dually diagnosed and have attended Warwick there times, the last being seven years ago (So some time had passed; I have been sober for over seven years now). My experience of the place was always good, but also very much mixed. If a person has a very severe physical problem- late-stage AIDS, a wet brain, etc.- this is NOT an ideal facility for the person, as it is in a fairly rural setting and staff is not well-equipped to handle the medical emergencies very frail or sick patients may face. As several reviews mentioned, rooms are locked (except during mealtimes), and it is awful to be sent from one group to another when you are constantly falling asleep due to being on lithium or other detox meds: So if you are alcoholic or otherwise someone w/the option of detoxing at a hospital before going to rehab, i would suggest that as well. This is a good facility for dually diagnosed people who are already on a regimen of psych.meds. That said, Warwick Manor staff were overall really great, primarily recovering individuals themselves who very much believe in what they do and take it seriously. Some are more understanding than others, but they all care and want you to succeed. I was embarrassed to return, but they're glad to know a person is still alive and trying. The food was AMAZING. I also really enjoyed going to meetings outside the facility, which you could sign up to go to during lunch hour and to which they'd take people at night- it was how I got into going to mtgs., something an outpatient rehab suggested previously but something for which I hadn't developed a taste before. I REALLY appreciated that cigarette breaks were frequent, and that some breaks between groups were fairly long- that "down time" to socialize, sit quietly, or whatever was important to me. Remember why you are here time. Now, the drama between/among clients could get bad- probably my own worst problems there had to do w/"mean girls"- but last time I was there, i got along w/staff okay, kept in mind that focusing on others while there for ourselves is a huge waste and that these people are crazy if they choose not to focus on themselves. So "Drama" was heavy there, but entertaining to a degree. Don't give away cigarettes is also my advice. I write this 7yrs later because I have a friend at Warwick right now! He wrote that he is doing well, too. They need to bring back their yearly reunion event though. Hope some of this is still applicable/accurate!

BED BUGS and rude addmission girl hung up on me

People was understanding. There had the men and women together. Nice and clean just hated I had to leave Baltimore city to find a place like this

I did the 7 day program in 2007. Excellent program n the techs were awesome! They made you pay attention with their own personal stories. I have been clean n sober for 8 yrs with no reladpe. I will thank them everyday of my life for opening my eyes to things I couldn't see. THANKS WARWICK!!!!

Was there for only 6 days. NEVER met with anyone in Mental health although they knew I was also dealing with Bipolar and depression as well as heroin detox. No one was allowed to rest even while going through withdrawal and the rooms were locked most of the day so the only way to lay down was dirty couches in a main hallway. The chairs in the "groups " we're filthy, the bathrooms were unsanitary and the food absolutely stunk. Very similar to prison life. Would never go again!

My little sister went here recently after detoxing at dover behavioral. I went to visit her and take her home AMA because some test results came in while she was away and she needed to get somewhere else asap. The staff that checked me in were nice enough but as soon as we made it clear she was leaving and needed her personal belongings they put her in a separate room and three men lead by a particularly rude man kicked me out. I informed them I was perfectly capable of seeing myself out and that I wasn't leaving without my sister. The one rude staff member aid that "if I actually cared" for her I would leave. I informed him that the tumor in the front of her brain had become active again and that getting her treated for that was vastly more important. She packed and walked out the next day and I picked her up. So just wanted to show how the staff treats patients whom they call junkies and their family whom they isolate from their loved ones. Also the place is filthy.

Groups from 9am to 9pm 7 days a week was a strength of the facility. Chairs stunk. I learned alot.

Thank you for everything!

Started the 12 step program over again. I was only out there for about 6 months

Terrible experience. Dirty and classes were not useful. It was a waste of money and time, i could have attended a better program

Connected to out patient and psychologist, AA after I left.

I loved Warwick Manor. It was beautiful there an they were all a very great staff . The first time I wasn't serious but the 2nd experience they drilled me harder an I would go back if I ever need help again!

They did the bare minimum of work and the bare minimum of care for the patients. I was under the impression that this was a "good" facility. Groups were more often run by techs with no experience or background in group therapy then they were run by certified counselors. ...The a/c was broken in the patient wing and none of the patient rooms were cooled off. Our room was between 82-87 degrees for 3 days straight. They took in so many new patients on a daily basis that they had to move up to 10 patients every night to an overflow house. The staff in the nursing area was compassionate but their hands were tied by the docs so that they couldn't help you with any issues. You were requested to fill out a nursing slip (a questioner about what was wrong with you) that would be turned into the nursing practitioner when she returned. This could be anywhere from 24-72 hours later. ... The certified counselors are so over worked that I was in the facility for 3 days before i ever met him. They allow no downtime for people coming in on an opiate detox. They only offer subutex for 5 days then you are off it. They offer no continuing meds when you leave.