Windward Way Recovery in Costa Mesa, CA

2787 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa CA 92626

Windward Way Recovery Philosophy

Our clinically supervised treatment programs assist men in developing & maintaining the foundations of recovery. Our clinically supervised treatment programs assist clients in developing and improving real-world traits that include such things as responsibility, accountability and — structure.

• Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Treatment

• Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
    EMDR is a highly specific, research-validated form of therapy that can help people overcome traumatic stress, anxiety and depression. With EMDR, a trained practitioner uses bilateral stimulation, eye movement and touch to stimulate parts of the brain as a patient recounts certain experiences and memories as a way to more thoroughly process uncomfortable, painful feelings.

Experiential Therapy

Biofeedback

Adventure Therapy

Veronica Parker, LMFT

Veronica is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over ten years of clinical experience. She has worked as a therapist in various treatment centers and mental health clinics on a vast array of emotional and behavioral issues including dual diagnosis, substance abuse, trauma, grief and loss, and emotion regulation deficits. She has also previously held positions as an adventure therapist and clinical director. Veronica specializes in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT).

Jeremy Broderick

Founder

Jeremy’s goal is to create a seamless transition from treatment of substance abuse and co-occurring mental health issues to long-term recovery. And his expertise in consistently achieving that goal comes from years of working in all facets of recovery. As founder and executive director of Windward Way, Jeremy keeps his feet on the ground by remaining heavily involved in the local recovery community, holding several volunteer positions. He maintains professional associations with NAMI, NAATP and NAPHS, and he’s an Orange County Sober Living Coalition member in good standing.

ABOUT WINDWARD WAY RECOVERY

Located in the coastal community of Costa Mesa in southern California, Windward Way Recovery provides a full continuum of comprehensive treatment services for men faced with chemical dependency and co-occurring mental health issues. Using a five-phase system, this men’s-only program combines evidence-based, experiential, and holistic treatment methods to promote long-term recovery. Where appropriate, supervised detoxification services are also available.

Windward Way Recovery five-phase system includes the following: detoxification, residential treatment (minimum of 30 days), day treatment (six hours of programming a day), intensive outpatient treatment (three hours a day), and outpatient services. Through the phase system, clients gradually transition back into the community while receiving ongoing support and treatment.

Utilizing a range of evidence-based methods, such as cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT), clients attend individual, group, and family therapy to address any underlying mental health issues that may be contributing to addictive behavior. Eye movement desensitization & reprocessing (EMDR) sessions address issues of trauma, and clients are introduced to 12-step principles and practices.

Along with evidence-based treatment, Windward Way Recovery also incorporates a range of holistic treatments, including yoga, sound therapy, acupuncture, and therapeutic massage, while emphasizing experiential treatment to promote healthy lifestyle changes through leisure and recreational activities. Once clients reach the final phase of treatment, clinicians aid in aftercare planning which may entail sober living arrangements.

The CARF-accredited program employs a large, multidisciplinary staff of master’s level mental health and substance abuse counselors, licensed nurses, and case managers. Per the facility’s webpage, many staff members are also actively in recovery.

Offering both private and shared bedrooms, Windward Way Recovery provides comfortable, upscale accommodations, and luxury amenities for up to 101 residents, including well-appointing dining and living rooms, an on-site pool and hot tub, and outdoor patios. Through its experiential Adventure Program, clients regularly participate in surfing, kayaking, hiking, paddle boarding, indoor rock climbing, whitewater rafting, and much more.

A group of 11 alumni surveyed by Rehabs.com to date collectively awarded the facility excellent average ratings for its counseling options (4.81), holistic offerings (4.63), the staff’s level of training and experience (4.72) - for which alumni called “caring and insightful,” “supportive and encouraging,” and “helpful” - amongst other areas. Four reviewers, in addition, each considered the program instrumental in saving their lives.

“Windward was the best decision i ever made. The staff cared about me and showed me how to live life sober,” wrote alum A.K. Similarly, former client Michael claimed that the facility provided him with “amazing direction on how to be a functioning member of society and exposure to a community of happy health sober people.”

Five friends and family members shared experiences and perspectives that paralleled alumni reviews, with several also citing the staff as the strongest component of treatment. “I can undoubtedly say Windward Way is responsible for saving my brothers life and giving him the opportunity to live a meaningful & purposeful life,” Chris, a sibling of an alum, told Rehabs.com. “Great personal, outstanding program, Highly recommend this facility,” commented Michael.

Everyone asked, on a scale from one to five, how strongly they would recommend the treatment program to others, only gave five stars.

Three staff members also felt proudly of the program. Robbie, one reviewer, considered the therapists and case managers here “incredible” as well as the clinical team “the best” he’s ever encountered. And Ryan, another employee, highlighted the facility’s “extremely high success rate,” though only “if the client has the appropriate willingness to recover.”

Treatment costs $4,00 per month, or $12,000 for 90 days, though the facility does accept health insurance and offer financial assistance for those who qualify.

Updated February 2017

Published on February 2017

As a parent of a young adult that has an addiction, I have to say Windward Way facilitates clients in understanding the psychology of addiction and impulsivity. The staff truly cares for clients and do what they can to give clients the tools to overcome addiction and live hopefully a solid life. Each client is treated as an individual. The case managers can seem harsh at first. However, their goal is to assist clients in decompressing from family and locking into their personal issues and get to the roots of the clients concerns and treat the underlying psychological triggers that tend to lead to addiction. Awareness, is key. My son has been to 6 treatment centers. Here he was given the time and care necessary to ensure the utmost of success long term. Though it is up to the client to relapse or obtain the goal of sobriety, I feel the tools are instilled to the best of the ability of staff. The clinic is well run. Clients are well monitored and clients are motivated to phase up by working steps and accepting responsibility. Most importantly, family need to understand they also are in a form of recovery as well. The family weekend is essential to understanding what the clients go through in learning, including 12 step, meditation, yoga, and bonding with other clients and staff. When I first visited the clinic the staff were well dressed and very serious about their jobs in caring for their clients. They enjoy watching alumni visit weekly when possible. Restoration of family is possible if all members lock into understanding of personal awareness in playing a role in addiction. My son is a healthier, happier man. I am grateful for the staff of Windward Way. Thank you for what you do.

Supportive and encouraging staff, cleanliness, accommodations and they actually care about you, your sobriety and your success in life. Your not allowed to drink energy drinks. Ive been to a few treatment facility and did not have any success until I went through windward. The staff is amazing and being an Alumni gives you a sense of family. Windward saved my life.

Great personal, outstanding program, Highly recommend this facility

Duel diagnosis, Cleanly, Organized, amenities, group and individual therapy. This program saved my life.

Client care comes first, staff across the board shows a sense of compassion for the clients. Availability of in house activities was a weakness. I have worked in detox for two facilities these past 3 years and the difference between Windard Way Recovery and my precious place of employment is night and day. Work environment is awesome and the clients seem to feed off that staff actually enjoy their jobs.

Windward Way gave me amazing direction on how to be a functioning member of society and exposure to a community of happy health sober people. Their facilities and housing are much nicer than the other treatment centers I looked into before admitting and their staff is made up of some of the most caring and insightful people I have ever met. The hot tub takes 20 minutes to heat up. I can honestly say that I probably would not be alive today if I hadn't come to Windward Way. Today I can maintain long term sobriety and have the love and respect of my family and friends back.

They have created an environment that is very conducive to recovery as well as building life skills and creating relationships with other like minded individuals in the recovery community. They were very welcoming, accommodating, and provided a level of service that I have never experienced anywhere else. The cost of treatment was on the more expensive side, although it was well worth it. My brother was struggling with heroin addiction for many years beginning at the age of 16. He had made multiple attempts at sobriety and had been in and out of several different treatment facilities by the age of 22, all of them only bringing brief periods of success before he inevitably feel back into his own ways. My family and I were getting to a point where we felt that the situation was almost hopeless. We were physically, emotionally, and financially drained. In a desperate final attempt to save my brother my family reached out to Windward Way. The staff was amazing at all levels, their program is industry leading, and their commitment to their clients is unwavering. I am so very thankful for all they have done for me and my family. I can undoubtedly say Windward Way is responsible for saving my brothers life and giving him the opportunity to live a meaningful & purposeful life.

Staff was a strength. Communication can be improved. Windward Way goes above and beyond what typical substance abuse treatment is.

Staff, cleanliness, effectiveness; were all strength. This facility helped me through my struggles with addiction. They showed me how to deal with life on life's terms. I would recommend this facility to anyone who is looking for a second chance at life.

Community, Treatment Planning, Clinical Staff, Life Skills; were all strengths. Windward Way saved my life, and because of it I now have 2 years sober. Thanks Windward Way.

Great staff, nice houses, cool vans, great program and education. Disorganized at times. I really enjoyed my time at Windward, It seems like one of the staff members really cares about the clients and makes sure things run smoothly. Another woman is the best, she really helped me to feel like i wasn't alone during one of the worst times in my life.

Great Staff, Individualized programming, Adventure Program (Outpatient) Not Joint Commission Accredited

Windward Way has the finest drug addiction recovery campus in Southern California. They have successfully treated thousands of patients and they specialize in all forms of drug addictions. The therapists and case managers are incredible and the entire clinical team is probably the best I have ever seen. I will/have recommend any and all loved ones suffering with drug addiction to Windward Way all day everyday! If you have a loved one suffering with drug addiction or mental illness, I would strongly recommend to consider Windward Way Recovery. Their team is probably the best I have ever worked with and most important, they produce results. Your child/loved one can beat addiction...they can be normal again. Windward Way Recovery is the place for every person in America suffering from Drug Addiction & Mental Illness...

The staff plain and simple was a strength. Most of the staff are recovering addicts who change their life around, went to school, and now want to help others. They do not act condescending, but more like people who know and want to Make a difference. They showed such success with my family member that it's hard to say something bad. Maybe offering more holistic activities like massage and yoga more often than they did would have been nice. But what they did worked so it's hard to not-pick. My family member was struggling. I didn't think anyone would help. I went to them and sent my family member there on a recommendation. I had heard they were strong but fair, and strong is what my family member needed. My family member was not happy At first, but in my opinion it's because it was working. I now have them back in my life and sober. Never been more grateful.

Staff Adventure program Clinical team Facilities Transportation were all strengths. Windward Way offers one of the best drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs around. Between the incredible staff and different clinical services offered, Windward has an extremely high success rate if the client has the appropriate willingness to recover.

Strong community, safe atmosphere, helpful staff. Having bounced around other facilities with no success windward way offered me a safe structured environment that facilitated growth.

Clients come first, which was as strength. Family programs need improvement. Great clinical team, great location, go to great meetings

Staff members truely care about the well being of each person in treatment. I was well taken care of, and the houses were nice but lacking faith-based program was a weakness. Windward was the best decision i ever made. The staff cared about me and showed me how to live life sober. I am forever grateful

Has a strong balance of working on personal problems and acclimation to alcoholic anonymous. Windward way completely saved my life. They gave me an opportunity to work on myself and overcome obsticles in my life I ever thought I'd be able to overcome. The counselors really get to know you for who you are and who you want to become. They assured my family that I was in good hands. With the help I got from windward way and there strong ecouragment in getting involved in alcoholics anonymous I can now say that I am a sober man and have a life beyond my wildest dreams.

Tree House Recovery for Men
  • Yoga Therapy
  • Healing the Body
  • Healing the Mind
Safe Harbor Treatment Center for Women
  • Substance abuse treatment specific to women
  • Programs for young adults, co-occuring eating disorder and, trauma
  • 12 Step based