A Look at Beverly Treatment Facilities
If you’re a Massachusetts resident battling alcohol or drug addiction, you’re not alone; in 2010, tens of thousands of people sought treatment for illicit drug dependence in Massachusetts. In fact, Beverly, MA drug rehab facilities offer the latest in evidence-based alcohol and drug addiction treatment to those who need it.
The Difference Between Residential and Outpatient Facilities
Outpatient addiction treatment is conducted in hospitals, psychiatric clinics, rehabilitation facilities, public health centers and private psychiatric practices. Twelve-step programs and alternative support groups are also considered complements to outpatient rehab. One of the biggest advantages of outpatient drug and alcohol rehab is its flexibility. It can be tailored to each patient’s needs and lifestyle.
Residential treatment requires patients to check into a facility, often for several weeks or longer, but this can be a major benefit to this type of care. Patients in residential treatment have:
- Access to medical care
- No access to drugs or alcohol
- A recovery-focused community
- Intensive therapeutic treatment
Signs of Drug or Alcohol Addiction
While frequent alcohol or drug abuse can often lead to addiction, abuse doesn’t always equal addiction. Signs you’ve developed a physical dependence on alcohol or drugs include:
- You need to use or drink larger amounts in order to feel the same effects.
- You wish you could stop drinking or doing drugs, but you just can’t on your own.
- You suffer from physical withdrawal when you haven’t used drugs or alcohol for a short while.
- You keep using drugs or alcohol even when you don’t like the consequences.
- You abandon other activities or interests, even loved ones, because using and seeking drugs or alcohol takes up too much of your time.
Research a Rehabilitation Clinic in Beverly
If you’re ready to look into drug rehab centers in or near Beverly, MA, our addiction treatment specialists are waiting for your call. Just dial the toll-free number above to get the help you need.