Comparing Brentwood Treatment Facilities
Brentwood, Tennessee is a suburb of Nashville, the country music capital of the world. About 88 percent of the households in Brentwood are made up of families, with almost 50 percent having children under the age of 18. Brentwood
is a strong, family-oriented community.
With much to see and do in Brentwood and nearby Nashville, residents and visitors are sure to enjoy their stay. Unfortunately, Brentwood residents still struggle with drug addiction. According to the 2010 NSDUH
, the age of the individual at first use can increase an individual's risk of dependency later in life. Approximately 16.2 percent of adults who tried alcohol or drugs by the age of 14 struggled with drug addiction in their adult life.
As a result, some Brentwood residents are in need of reliable treatment clinics.The Pros and Cons of Holistic and Traditional Recovery Clinics
Nowadays more people are interested in participating in holistic drug addiction treatment programs. Holistic programs have many great benefits for the patient, but so do traditional programs. It is important to discuss any treatment plan you are considering with a medical professional and find one that best suits your needs.
How to Tell If You Have a Drug Addiction
- Holistic programs may be smaller and more personalized. Holistic programs can sometimes offer more individualized attention for their patients.
- Traditional programs often use supplemental medications. While it is understandable why some individuals want to avoid the use of medications in treatment, supplemental medications can be a critical part of recovery in individuals with strong, physical addiction issues, or mental health problems.
- Both programs follow a careful treatment plan. Both types of treatment will have a distinct method they follow. Each treatment plan has phases a patient must complete to be successful, but what is involved in each phase depends on what type of treatment program you enter.
If you exhibit these symptoms, you may have an addiction to drugs or alcohol:
- Increased usage of a particular substance
- Decreased interest in regular activities
- Withdrawal symptoms when not using
- Changes in attitude
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Physical dependence, a strong desire to acquire the substance