Facts About Champaign Treatment Centers
Alcohol abuse, underage drinking and drunk driving have taken a devastating toll on many Illinois families. Champaign drug rehab centers offer psychosocial therapies for the family members of alcoholics and addicts, as well as intensive treatment for the individuals who struggle with addiction.
In Champaign, a city that’s known as a center of technology and education on the “Silicon Prairie,” the latest recovery resources are available to anyone who reaches out to help.
What to Inquire About Before Entering a Program
Making the decision to enter a Champaign treatment center may be the biggest step in your recovery journey. Before you enroll in a treatment facility, inquire about the kind of services that the program has to offer. An integrated, multidisciplinary program for alcohol and drug abuse includes:
- Medical detoxification if needed
- Evaluation for co-existing mental conditions, like depression or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Behavioral therapy to change destructive habits
- Pharmaceutical therapy to support long-term recovery
- Counseling for spouses, partners or children
Impact of Drunk Driving in Illinois
For many alcoholics, a drunk driving conviction is the wake-up call that convinces them to seek treatment. Unfortunately, many of these convictions involve serious injuries or fatalities. The Century Council reports that in Illinois in 2010:
- Alcohol use accounted for 297 traffic deaths
- 39 traffic fatalities involved underage drinking
- There were 2.3 alcohol-related driving fatalities for every 100,000 people
- There were 1.1 alcohol-related traffic deaths involving underage drinking for every 100,000 people
Get Recovery Services in Champaign
In spite of its small size, Champaign offers a host of recovery resources. From 12-step recovery groups in the community to medically supervised inpatient rehabilitation programs, you have a number of valuable tools to help you in your recovery.
An addiction recovery specialist can help you review your options. Call us to talk with a compassionate professional about your treatment needs.