Search Charleston Rehab Centers
Legal issues and problems are some of the many reasons that people are looking for drug rehab in Charleston . There are a number of reasons that someone struggling with a drug or alcohol dependence issue might end up in front of a judge. Some of the most common include:
- Fraud: Many defraud government agencies in order to get free services or steal from their employers or people they know in order to get enough money to maintain their addiction.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): Too many think that they’re okay to drive, rationalizing that it’s a short distance or that they’re “fine” despite being on heavy medication, smoking marijuana, or drinking prior to driving.
- Assault: Violent behavior that hurts others or damages property is not uncommon among those under the influence.
- Intoxicated in public: Inappropriate behavior can mean fines and probation.
- Child negligence: More than one parent has lost custody of his or her child due to an inability to stop abusing drugs and alcohol.
A Guide to Going to a Rehabilitation Center
In 2009, South Carolina updated their DUI laws in an effort to lower the rates of driving under the influence and the number of deadly accidents that the practice causes each year. According to the new laws, those who are convicted of DUI are required to complete a drug and alcohol addiction treatment program. Law enforcement efforts dedicated to stopping people from driving under the influence have been increased as well and the result has been higher and higher numbers of people seeking treatment for addiction.
Exploring Rehabilitation Centers in Charleston
If you have been arrested for DUI one or more times or dealt with legal issues due to your abuse of drugs and alcohol, you’re not alone.
There are a number of effective drug and alcohol addiction treatment programs in Charleston that can help you to get back on track and change your life for the better.