Comparing Chicopee Rehab Programs
Deciding on which Chicopee drug rehab will give you the best foundation on which to pursue sobriety can be complicated. You will need to consider your insurance coverage, your dependent situation, and any underlying mental health problems you may have.
If you are feeling overwhelmed with this decision, please feel free to contact us at our toll-free number for the most updated information on Chicopee drug treatment center options.
What to Look at Before Signing Up for Rehab Treatment
The goals of treatment should be the following:
- Understanding how to manage daily life sober
- Identifying choices that led to addiction in the first place
- Understanding how addiction affects your physical, emotional and mental health
- Learning what social services will help you stay sober for life
These specific goals should be included in any potential treatment program, so feel free to inquire specifically about them when making your choice.Is Relapse Inevitable?
Like all chronic conditions, addiction recovery is an ongoing, daily struggle. Patients must work hard each and every day to make choices that keep them on a sober path, but relapse still happens. When relapse occurs, it is often met with frustration and a feeling of failure, yet it is a surprisingly common occurrence and means that treatment needs to be adjusted.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, specific areas that are of concern for relapse include:
- Treatment completion: Finishing treatment is the first step toward long-term recovery.
- Genetics: It may be more difficult to permanently abstain from drugs or alcohol when you have a strong family history of addiction.
- Social norms: If you are friends with other addicts or social drug and alcohol users, your risk of relapse increases. You may need to consider changing social circles to experience permanent change in your life.
Get Help in Chicopee
Choosing a qualified Chicopee drug treatment center takes time, patience, and research. Give us a call today for advice and information.