Making the decision to enter rehab for alcohol or substance abuse can be scary, and not knowing what to expect can deter people from seeking treatment in Davie, Florida, and the rest of the country. Doing a little research on the ins and outs of treatment beforehand can eliminate some of that fear and help you make the right decision.
Many people who need treatment don’t receive it. In fact, in 2016 only about 10% of the people who required professional substance abuse treatment received it. There are many roadblocks to treatment; some people may be afraid of the treatment process, some may fear the stigma associated with drug use, while others may be in denial that their substance use is problematic. Whatever the reason, it’s never too late to admit you need help and to seek a rehab program that’s right for you.
Here is a general idea of what to expect from a typical rehab center:
- Intake: First, you’ll have a consultation with a treatment professional to assess your mental health, physical health, and substance abuse history. If the rehab program is able to accommodate all of your treatment needs, you’ll then complete some forms and go through the admission process. Your treatment team will create an individualized treatment plan for you based on your assessment.
- Detox: Detox is an important first step in treatment and is meant to manage withdrawal with minimal discomfort. Detox is not a substitute for addiction treatment, but it is a helpful jumpstart to recovery.
- Treatment: Depending on your needs, you’ll likely attend both group and individual therapy sessions and doctor appointments as needed. You’ll be served meals and be allowed free time for things like reading, exercising, and reflecting upon your recovery. Many rehabs also offer rewards and special privileges as you go through the program.
Rehabs in Davie as well as programs anywhere in the country may offer different services and amenities. For example, you might need a specialized detox center at first and then transfer to a residential facility for long-term care. It all depends on your needs. If the Davie rehab centers don’t meet your specific needs, search our directory to find one nearby, within Broward County or elsewhere.
- United Way of Broward County Commission on Substance Abuse. (2017). Drug Abuse Trends in Broward County, Florida Annual Report: June 2017.
- (2016). Key Substance Use and Mental Health Indicators in the United States: Results from the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health.
Looking for Outpatient Treatment Centers in Florida? Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.