Florida has been deeply impacted by substance abuse, much like the rest of the United States. In Deltona, which is located in Volusia County, increased criminal activity, drug poisonings, and other serious consequences are prominent as a result of the ongoing opioid crisis.
According to recent data, Volusia County residents seek professional treatment most commonly for alcohol, marijuana, and hydromorphone (Dilaudid).1 That said, many people struggle with the abuse of all opioids, not just Dilaudid, as demonstrated by overdose rates. Methadone overdose death rate in Volusia County was more than 8% above Florida’s state average in 2015.2 Likewise, the county’s overdose rates for prescription opioids other than methadone were also higher than Florida’s in that same year.2 Of the 1,547 total opioid overdose deaths in Florida in 2015, 67 occurred in Volusia County.2
If you’re one of the many residents in Deltona struggling with substance abuse or addiction, you’re not alone and you don’t have to fight this battle on your own. Although it may seem daunting to attempt to find treatment at first, with a little dedication and some research, you’ll find the support you need. Begin by understanding what you should be looking for.
When choosing a rehab center, consider the following:
- Location: Don’t be afraid to consider help in a town other than your home town. Some people prefer entering treatment somewhere far from home to allow for a healing period away from daily triggers.
- Cost: Medications, location, and treatment type or length can all affect the total cost. Insurance can help to offset the cost of rehabilitative care making it more affordable.
- Amenities: Certain amenities may be more important to you than others. State-funded rehab centers tend to offer very few amenities while luxury programs might offer a resort-like experience, complete with spa services and high-end accommodations.
- Type of care: The type of care provided can range from individual and group therapy to elaborate therapeutic models and high-tech, state-of-the-art treatments. Most centers fall somewhere in the middle offering a wide range of therapy options and comprehensive care.
- Level of care: Medical detox generally takes place prior to either residential or outpatient rehab. Alcohol, opioid, and sedative withdrawal is often best treated in an intensive setting. Outpatient treatment may be adequate for lower-risk cases of physical dependence, but only a professional can dictate the proper level of care for your needs.
Before you begin searching for a Deltona rehab facility, remember that you don’t have to seek help close to home unless you are considering outpatient care. Use our directory to find a rehab center anywhere in the country that can provide specialized treatment for your needs.