Searching for Des Moines Treatment Services
While a smaller town in Iowa, Des Moines offers big-city treatment options. Drug rehab in Des Moines is comprehensive, and our operators can give you specialized treatment options for your addiction needs.
What to Look for When Signing Up for Treatment
While many different types of programs address the basics of drug or alcohol treatment, all of them follow similar steps in the recovery process. If you seek assistance managing your drug or alcohol addiction, your recovery program should include the following, according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Association:
- Management of withdrawal. During this process, patients must undergo the process of withdrawing from substance they are addicted to. This can be painful or scary, but counselors and doctors will help you. In addition, patients will learn more about treatment and specific programs that are available to them.
- Recovery. Using mental health professionals and medical doctors, patients learn about their addiction, underlying conditions, and how to make the changes they are interested in to find their road to sobriety.
- Future planning. Leaving a treatment program should be preempted with careful planning in regards to housing, social contacts, interaction with family, financial planning, and job resources.
Treatment clinics handle these steps somewhat differently, so find out the options that will work best for you by calling our toll-free number and speaking with one of our qualified specialists.
What Can I Do to Avoid Relapsing?
As addiction is a chronic medical condition; it requires constant attention and intervention. Thus, relapse is common; however, you can reduce your relapse risk, or catch signs of relapse early, by following these steps:
- Stay in touch with someone who understands the daily struggle of recovery. This can be a sponsor in an Alcoholics Anonymous-type program, or it can be a therapist familiar with ongoing addiction recovery.
- Make treatment your main priority. If possible, choose jobs and other commitments with recovery in mind.
- Be honest with those around you about your addiction and recovery process, and how you are doing.
Find Rehabilitation Clinics in Des Moines
We are here to help you make the right moves in your journey to self-discovery and recovery. Our operators are waiting for your call, to listen to your needs and give you the best options in Des Moines alcohol treatment centers.