View Fond du Lac Rehabilitation Clinics
Located on the southernmost shore of Lake Winnebago, Fond du Lac, Wisconsin is primarily a blue collar, middle class community that is gradually recovering from the economic downturn that began in 2009, when unemployment reached nearly 12 percent.
Social scientists and researchers generally agree that economic stress can exacerbate rates of substance abuse. Unfortunately, physical dependency can linger long after the conditions that led to the addiction have passed. In some cases, medication is required in addition to counseling and psychological treatment.
A qualified rehab facility in or near Fond du Lac usually offers all of these therapies to patients.
Items to Take to a Rehab Facility
Each rehab clinic has its own policies on what to bring. However, most of them advise patients to bring:
- A week’s worth of clothing (suggestive, ragged or revealing clothing is not allowed)
- Prescription medications (taken under medical supervision)
- Toiletries (except for alcohol-based mouthwashes and/or colognes)
- Reading material (subject to staff approval)
- Cash or an ATM card (for minor purchases at the facility)
- Cigarettes (if you smoke)
Inpatients are usually not allowed to bring personal electronics such as cell phones, laptops, etc.
Cigarettes in Rehab?
If you are a smoker, most rehab facilities recommend that you bring a carton or two with you. While this may seem counterintuitive (after all, nicotine addiction is harmful as well), it makes a certain amount of sense when you realize that overcoming any addiction is stressful – and the general wisdom is that it makes sense to deal with the most serious addictions first.