Researching Hagerstown Recovery Programs
Since 2009, the number of people seeking outpatient drug and alcohol abuse treatment in Maryland has increased
from 63,834 to an estimated total of 84,429 for the year 2012. Drug rehab in Hagerstown
offers a ray of hope for area residents struggling against the formidable strength of addiction.
Inpatient or outpatient drug rehab can give you the tools needed to overcome your addiction once and for all.Comparing Inpatient and Outpatient Rehab
Outpatient substance abuse treatment allows addicts to seek help for drug and alcohol dependence without leaving their home environment. Here's what outpatient rehab entails:
- One-on-one counseling sessions, according to your own schedule
- Group therapy
- Support groups, like AA or a non-faith-based alternative
- Family therapy
Inpatient substance abuse treatment requires that you live at a treatment center where you'll receive focused and intensive drug and alcohol rehabilitation. Here's what inpatient rehab entails:
Stages of Recovery
- Living in a treatment facility 24/7
- Taking medications to ease detox and withdrawal symptoms
- Being separated from the outside world
- Living in a substance-free environment
- Participating in a demanding schedule of psychotherapy
No addict gets better all at once. According to Blending Perspectives and Building Common Ground, the psychological steps of addiction recovery are:
Picking a Rehab Center in Hagerstown
- Transition: You'll realize that you can't use drugs or alcohol at all.
- Stabilization: You'll go through withdrawal and cut yourself off from the circumstances that supported your addiction.
- Early recovery: You'll begin constructing a substance-free life.
- Middle recovery: You'll heal the harm done to yourself and others.
- Late recovery: You'll surrender old beliefs that supported your addiction.
- Maintenance: You'll gain emotional skills as you live free from drugs or alcohol.
If you live in Hagerstown and need alcohol or drug rehab, help is just a phone call away. The toll-free number above can put you in touch with our specialists who can help you find a facility. Call now.