Search Harrisburg Recovery Centers
The capital of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg gives patients in need of drug or alcohol addiction treatment both local resources as well as offerings in neighboring urban areas.
The Costs Associated With Recovery Programs
Typical addiction recovery services offer some version of the following in their programs, to varying degrees:
- Therapy with a counselor trained in addiction and recovery
- Withdrawal services, if needed
- Transition planning
- Social services as needed, including monetary help and education
Addiction treatment can prove costly, however, and this financial strain can be a barrier to services. Some funding sources toward recovery services can include:
- Commercial/employee Insurance. Private insurance often has generous benefits for addiction treatment. Explore these options and which programs in particular are covered before committing.
- Reduced-fee/government-sponsored programs. While these programs provide the basics, they can be very successful and are often cheaper than private programs.
- Outpatient clinics. Some addiction treatment centers offer daily meetings with counselors, social workers and doctors, who can give you insight and assistance, while still allowing you to live at home.
Strategies to Prevent Relapse
As with all chronic conditions, the risk of relapse when in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction is high. Per Mayo Clinic, some of the best methods to use to prevent relapse include:
- Understand your triggers and how to avoid them. If certain situations make you especially vulnerable, steer clear.
- Seek rehab if you have started using drugs or alcohol again.
- Stay the course. If you have sought treatment, make sure you stay with your plan.