Alcohol problems plague many Florida residents, including those living in Lakeland. In a community health assessment, residents of Polk County rated substance abuse among the greatest health issues and urgent risks in their community.1
If you live in Lakeland and struggle with an addiction to alcohol or any other type of drug, you may feel helpless. Thankfully, addiction treatment programs can help you learn to cope with drug triggers and avoid relapse.
There are many types of treatment interventions offered in rehab programs, such as:2
- Motivational enhancement therapy.
- Dual diagnosis treatment.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).
- Community reinforcement approach.
- Contingency management.
- Family therapy.
- 12-step support groups, like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA).
Rather than trying to quit on your own, you can find a rehab facility that offers treatment options to meet your needs. You might choose Lakeland rehab close to your home so that you can move through treatment with the support of your family and friends, or you may choose to travel for treatment, so that you can physically remove yourself from triggers or traumatic memories associated with drug or alcohol abuse.
No matter what substance you are currently abusing – whether it is prescription painkillers, marijuana, heroin, cocaine, or alcohol, there is hope. If you are living in Lakeland, you can search through our directory of treatment centers to find a medical detox, inpatient, or outpatient program today.
- Florida Health Department. (2015). Polk County 2015 Community Health Assessment.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse. (2018). Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment: A Research-Based Guide (Third Edition) Behavioral Therapies.