Use our free and confidential online insurance checker to see if your insurance covers treatment at an American Addiction Center facility.
Located in Pinellas County, Largo, Florida faces its share of problems with drug and alcohol abuse. In fact, every 32 hours in Pinellas County, someone dies of a drug overdose.1
If you are living in Largo and you know it’s time to change your life, you may be ready to enter a professional treatment program. Treating a substance addiction is best handled with professional care. Therapists and addiction counselors can help you get sober by addressing the issues that led you to abuse substances in the first place, as well as equipping you with healthy coping skills to use when faced with triggers.
There are several reasons people may not get the help they need to quit abusing drugs or alcohol, including:
- A fear of being stigmatized.
- Denial about the severity of their substance abuse.
- Financial concerns.
- A fear of failure.
Although it is understandable if you are nervous about entering treatment, your health is the most important thing. And in some cases, treatment can even save a person’s life. If the price of rehab is daunting to you, there are ways that you can mitigate some of the costs in order to get the addiction treatment you need. Some ways to fund treatment include:
- If you have insurance, call your insurance company to see what they will cover.
- Consider taking out a loan or using a credit card.
- Consider getting a credit card specifically for healthcare costs.
- Create a campaign on a crowdfunding site, like GoFundMe or IndieGoGo.
- Sell household items – including cars, boats, or expensive jewelry.
- If you don’t have insurance, purchase affordable insurance on the healthcare marketplace.
- Find a rehab that offers sliding scale fees, in which they may adjust costs according to your income.
- Find a rehab that offers payment plans, in which you can pay off treatment over time, in affordable installments.
- Apply for a grant through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) or through an individual rehab.
Use our directory to explore addiction treatment options. As you begin researching treatment, it can be helpful to create a list of the things you are looking for in a rehab center in Largo or elsewhere. This will help you narrow your search and find a place that closely aligns with what you are looking for.
- Pinellas County. (2018). Fighting Back Against Prescription Drug Abuse.
Looking for Outpatient Treatment Centers in Florida? Outpatient treatment describes all addiction treatment that is not residential. Patients live at home while undergoing rehab.