Connect With Layton Treatment Facilities
Just like those in the rest of the US, some residents of Layton, Utah find themselves in trouble due to their consumption of drugs or alcohol. The Davis Hospital and Medical Center is the major medical center in the area. Its ER receives visits from many patients for substance abuse incidents, and they are proportionally similar to the national statistics.
According to the Drug Abuse Warning Network
, 52 percent of drug and alcohol related visits were due to pharmaceuticals, 40 percent were due to illicit substances, and 31 percent were due to alcohol.
Of the illicit drug incidents, the greater majority of the medical emergencies resulted from ingesting cocaine. Emergencies due to substance abuse can easily be prevented if those with addictions get the help they need.Signs of Cocaine Addiction
In order to help someone in your life suffering from addiction, you must first recognize the signs. If you suspect a loved one is abusing cocaine, look for the following signs from Narcotics Anonymous:
- Sniffling or nose bleeds
- Aggressive or volatile behavior (mood swings)
- Periods of wakefulness, followed by long periods of sleep
- Loss of appetite
Questions to Get Answered Before Enrolling in Treatment
When considering a treatment facility for cocaine addiction recovery, determine which treatment methods are utilized. Some of the more common approaches are:
- Treatment with medication. While no medications are approved exclusively for the use of cocaine, antidepressant medications and euphoria-suppressing drugs like naltrexone have some proven benefits.
- Behavioral treatment. This category of treatment involves teaching patients adaptive behavior. This means learning new ways to feel good that aren’t related to drug use, and learning to avoid triggers.
- Psychological treatment. For those with a long history of cocaine abuse, it is essential to get to the root of the problem in therapy.
Enrolling at a Rehab Clinic in Layton
If you are personally suffering from cocaine addiction, don’t become part of the national hospitalization statistics. Find a suitable inpatient or outpatient rehab program in or near Layton to put your health first.