Drug addiction is a significant problem for many residents of Long Branch, New Jersey, a city located in Monmouth County. Long Branch drug rehab centers are available to help New Jersey residents who are addicted to alcohol or drugs overcome their addictions.
A total of 6,177 Monmouth County residents were admitted to substance abuse treatment centers in 2016, 397 of them being from the City of Long Branch.1 Furthermore, 5,849 Monmouth County residents were discharged that same year, of which 68% (3,809) either partially or fully achieved their goals.1 And among those discharged, 58% (3,416) reported that they are no longer using drugs or alcohol after completing treatment.1
Denial is a natural response to the fear of change. It can cause drug users to lie to themselves and others, damaging relationships with friends and family. How can you tell if you are in denial about your substance abuse problem and need to seek professional treatment?
- Making Excuses: Drug users living in denial become masters at inventing both excuses and reasons to avoid making a change. You may believe that you can either stop at any time or you are simply a recreational user.
- Losing Control: You may feel that everything in your life is falling apart. Your finances, job, and motivation are slipping beyond your grasp.
- Avoiding Conversations: The subject of substance abuse may make you uncomfortable. If you find yourself going out of your way to avoid talking about your substance use, you may be in denial.
- Making Empty Promises: You may be canceling plans at the last minute because of intoxication, hangover, or withdrawal. You may also find yourself promising to do better next time.
- Losing Relationships: Friends may begin to distance themselves from you, or you may be avoiding loved ones to hide your addiction.
Addiction will continue to take its toll on your life until it takes everything you love. You can find the support that fits your needs in a Long Branch rehab facility. Take the first step out of denial with a look at our helpful directory of rehabilitation centers in and around Long Branch, NJ.
- Department of Human Services Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services Office of Planning, Research, Evaluation and Prevention. (2017). New Jersey drug and alcohol abuse treatment substance abuse overview 2016 Monmouth County.