Information on Longview Rehab Centers
Situated between Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington is the town of Longview, Washington
. It's safe to say that drug abuse is the kind of activity most Longview residents would rather avoid, but it's inevitable within any city in the US. The Office of National Drug Control Policy's report indicates that in 2008 over 9 percent of Washington's citizens admitted to recent drug use.
Washington Treatment Statistics
has provided data for Washington State's 2011 admissions to substance abuse treatment. Data collected includes:
The Pros and Cons of Holistic and Traditional Rehab Programs
- Approximately 49.6 percent of admissions for marijuana abuse were for individuals 12 to 17 years old.
- There were 36,805 total treatment admissions.
- Alcohol abuse with a secondary drug dependency made up 26.7 percent of admissions.
- A reported 2,658 admissions were for abuse of opiates other than heroin.
- About 55.5 percent of those admitted for tranquilizer abuse were women.
It is clear from treatment statistics that substance abuse isn't confined to any one age group, gender or race. That's why all treatment solutions won't work for everyone. Traditional rehab programs are far more prominent, but alternative programs are also available if you know where to look.
Holistic treatment programs are an example of these alternatives. Holistic rehab programs emphasize healing the spirit as well as the body, which is different than traditional programs. Medications are typically all natural in order to keep the body as free from toxins as possible. However, if a dependency needs greater medical attention, this can be a reason to seek out traditional treatment instead. Also, some programs offer a blend of a traditional and holistic approach to rehab.
Ultimately, either treatment can be successful if the right emphasis is put on wellness.