Comparing Macon Rehabilitation Programs
Macon, Georgia, is a charming southern town, offering access to quality local medical and mental health care. However, access to Macon drug rehab centers can be limited due to the unusually high drug and alcohol use within the state of Georgia; according to a study by the Department of Health and Human Services, over 5 percent of the 18-to-25-year-old population of Georgia has an addiction to illicit drugs or alcohol.Advice on Entering a Rehabilitation Center
Gaining expert advice on different aspects of potential treatment programs will help you narrow down your choices in finding the right program for you.
Inpatient treatment programs often serve populations with long-term addictions and possible underlying issues, such as anxiety or depression. As reported in a study by Yale University, cocaine users have more success long term when treated at an inpatient center, so make sure to consider these programs for their overall effectiveness.
Inpatient programs offer:
- The chance to break away from your community and social circle that may influence your addiction
- Intensive, immediate intervention for your addiction and other mental health or medical needs
- Assistance in withdrawal from drugs or alcohol
- Family counseling where applicable
- Slow transition back into your normal life, with ongoing group and individual counseling
- Often, a 12-step program for structure during treatment
Outpatient recovery program treatment programs are day programs, wherein a patient attends counseling and appointments during daytime hours, and goes back home at night. These programs do not provide a complete transition and may prove difficult to complete.
Generally, outpatient drug rehab programs offer:
- Counseling to address addiction issues
- Group counseling to understand motivations for addiction and to build a community of recovering addicts
- Classes and assistance with other life issues
Which program you choose will depend on your resources, work and family commitments, and the nature of your addiction.
Finding Rehab Clinics in Macon
Hospitals in Macon offer some drug and alcohol treatment interventions, and can be a good place to start in your search for a program that matches your needs. In addition, updated, personalized information on programs in Macon can be found through our toll-free number.
Your addiction affects all aspects of your life, so be sure to consider your needs carefully in your comparison of Macon drug rehab centers. With input from professionals in the field, you will find the right program for your addiction and mental health needs.