Gaithersburg, MD 20878 View Profile & Reviews
Maryland Inpatient Drug Rehab Facilities
Looking for an excellent rehabilitation facility in Maryland for yourself or someone you love? Rehabs.com contains a wealth of knowledge about luxury private facilities and can help you find the center that's right for you. Our alcohol and drug treatment centers can help anyone get clean, whether the addiction is to Sublimaze, MS Contin, alcohol or any other street or prescription drug.
Gaithersburg, MD 20878 View Profile & Reviews
Waldorf, MD 20602 View Profile & Reviews
One of the important decisions when you or your loved one chooses between substance rehabs in MD is deciding between Inpatient versus Outpatient Rehabilitation. Many people are fast to choose outpatient rehabilitation thinking it will be easier and more affordable. While this is the case sometimes, statistics show those choosing inpatient treatment in 48-day, 60-day or 90-day programs are more likely to succeed long-term. Wherever you decide to get rehab, the first step is making a choice!
- Bel Air
- Bel Alton
- Big Pool
- Braddock Heights
- Broomes Island
- Bryans Road
- Cabin John
- Capitol Heights
- Charlotte Hall
- Chesapeake Beach
- Chesapeake City
- Chevy Chase
- Church Creek
- Church Hill
- Clear Spring
- Cobb Island
- College Park
- Coltons Point
- Curtis Bay
- Mardela Springs
- Marion Station
- Maryland Line
- Mc Henry
- Middle River
- Montgomery Village
- Mount Airy
- Mount Rainier
- Mount Savage
- Saint Inigoes
- Saint James
- Saint Leonard
- Saint Marys City
- Saint Michaels
- Sandy Spring
- Severna Park
- Shady Side
- Silver Spring
- Snow Hill
- Sparks Glencoe
- Sparrows Point
- Spring Gap
- Still Pond
Latest Reviews of Rehab Centers in Maryland
consellors were good. it kept us busy learning about our problems, & nutrision...
Staff experience Homeless Outreach Program Number of programs offered. Not enough funding for some...
Sherry joined the medical team at The Freedom Center in September 2018 as the centers Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. She received her Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Maryland and is currently pursuing her Doctor of Philosophy with a concentration in Nursing. Prior to working wit...
The Freedom Center
Dr. Mark Harris joins Bracebridge Hall with over 20 years of experience in family and addiction medicine. After earning his Doctor of Osteopathic medicine from the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, he completed a Family Medicine residency at Christiana Hospital in Newark, Delaware. Dr. H...
Recovery Centers of America at Bracebridge Hall
Drug addiction and alcoholism can ravage your personal finances, destroy your closest relationships and ruin a prosperous career. Fortunately, community-based treatment is available at little or no cost to any resident of Baltimore, Rockville, Columbia, Ellicott City or the other residential hubs of this state. The state's Alcohol and Drug Abuse Administration, a division of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, administers preventive programs and rehabilitation facilities for residents from all walks of life. Components of a Maryland Rehab Program The focus and content of a rehabilitation program will vary from one Maryland addiction treatment center to another. But according to the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM), any effective recovery plan should include the following therapeutic strategies:
- A complete psychosocial and psychological screening at the time of admission
- A medically managed detoxification program, which may take place in an inpatient or outpatient setting
- Counseling and education on the nature of addiction, the importance of sobriety and the consequences of substance abuse
- Medical management of the disease of addiction, including medication therapy and holistic treatments
- Counseling for family members and partners through individual therapy and peer group sessions
- Integrated treatment of co-occurring conditions like depression, anxiety or personality disorders
- Referrals to community resources for job placement, child care, parenting, housing and other social needs
Programs like the Tuerk House, a not-for-profit Maryland substance abuse treatment center, meet the needs of Maryland's citizens for comprehensive, affordable rehabilitation services. Tuerk House offers treatment on an outpatient or residential basis to those who suffer from the disease of addiction, whether or not they're able to pay for those services.
The Center for Substance Abuse Research (CESAR) of the University of Maryland tracks drug and alcohol abuse and treatment in this state. According to data collected between 1999 and 2003:
- The greatest percentage of treatment admissions among young people under age 18 was for marijuana and hash (89.1 percent), followed by alcohol (66.6 percent) and heroin (5.2 percent).
- Among adults ages 18 and older, the majority were admitted for treatment for alcohol abuse (56.5 percent), followed by cocaine and crack (42.8 percent) and heroin (40.1 percent).
- In the overall population of Maryland, alcohol was the most common reason for admission to rehab (57.3 percent of admissions), while cocaine (39.9 percent) and heroin (37.3 percent) were the next most common
*Maryland Addiction Treatment Statistics
How to Find a Maryland Drug Rehab Facility
Finding a place to get clean and sober in Maryland isn't all that difficult; this affluent state has a wide range of recovery services to offer its residents. But identifying a treatment program that's right for your age group, your level of addiction and your psychosocial status is another story. When you're researching the rehab facilities in this state, think about whether a program offers features such as:
- A staff of credentialed, licensed professionals who specialize in addiction treatment
- Comprehensive therapy for co-occurring disorders (psychiatric conditions that accompany substance abuse)
- Access to support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous or SMART Recovery
- Gender-specific programs for male and female patients
- Holistic therapies like hypnotherapy, biofeedback, massage or pet therapy
Staying near your home city is not always helpful, as you are closer to the individuals and situations that caused the drug use in the first place. Particularly if you're considering executive or luxury alternatives, there may be additional benefits in treating a long rehabilitation stay like a trip and going outside Maryland. Many of the top treatment clinics have accommodations and locations that make them seem more akin to four-star hotels so rehab can be uplifting as well as therapeutic.