Information on Medford Recovery Clinics
The state of Massachusetts is among the highest for illicit drug, marijuana, and cocaine use, according to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health. Drug rehab in Medford offers intensive treatment for those seeking recovery services for a variety of addictions and underlying conditions.
What Needs to Be Addressed Before Signing Up for a Medford Treatment Program
Understanding the recovery process is crucial to achieving sobriety in your battle against addiction. Before choosing a treatment program, you may want o spend time thinking about your goals. Treatment takes time and effort, but having a future plan can be motivating during the tough parts of treatment. Your recovery goals may not be the same as those of another patient; thus, treatment should be altered to meet the needs and goals of each individual patient. Some common recovery goals, according to SAMHSA, include:
- Do not let the stigma of addiction cause a relapse.
- Help others.
- Make sure to take part in family life.
- Complete addiction treatment.
- Write in a journal.
- Pursue steady employment.
- Ask questions of doctors when needed.
Make a list of your personal goals, and share them with potential therapists to see if they are in line with the care provided and the philosophy of the clinic.
*What Is Recovery?
According to SAHMSA, the working definition of recovery includes the following:
- Health: Living successfully as a recovering addict
- Home: Having a consistent and safe place to live
- Purpose: Structuring goals to bring the patient back into the general public in a productive way
- Community: Developing successful, sober relationships
Medford alcohol rehab or drug treatment options are varied and can meet your needs for long-term recovery services. Understanding your addiction takes time and effort, and our qualified operators can help you make this difficult choice.