Selecting Meriden Treatment Centers
is a small city in southern Connecticut with a population of just over 50,000. It is home to a number of prominent geographic peaks such as Hanging Hills, Lamentation Mountain and Castle Craig. Sadly, Meriden's beautiful surroundings are not enough to prevent addiction issues from occurring.
Substance abuse is a serious problem in Meriden and throughout Connecticut. In 2006
, over 268,000 people over the age of 12 were users of illicit drugs, with that number growing nationwide in recent years according to the 2010 NSDUH
As drug usage grows throughout the nation, the need from treatment centers grows as well.What to Look at Before Going to a Treatment Rehab
Before entering into a drug treatment facility it is important to consider the following:
How to Tell If You Have a Drug Addiction
- What level of care will I receive at this facility? Some patients require and benefit from lots of direct interaction with professionals at the facility and a more regimented type of treatment. Others may do better with a more relaxed approach that allows the patient to dictate how their treatment will proceed.
- What type of treatment is used at this facility? Detox patients, for example, might prefer a facility that uses supplemental medications during the detox process, whereas others might prefer a more natural approach. Different types of psychotherapies could be used in treatment between facilities as well. Discuss with a counselor or medical professional what program will best suit your needs.
- What is the time commitment of this program? Different programs require a different level of time commitment from the patient. Choose one that best fits into your lifestyle and allows you to get the highest level of treatment possible.
If you exhibit these signs, you may have an addiction to drugs:
Enter a Rehabilitation Clinic in Meriden
- Increased usage of a particular substance
- Changes in attitude
- Engaging in risky behavior
- Physical dependence; a strong desire to acquire the substance
- Withdrawal symptoms
Contact us to discuss your treatment options in Meriden today. We can connect you with the addiction help you need.